“Nice room ,great location,unload dishes” 4 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
Jupiter, Florida
“Nice room ,great location,unload dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had one bedroom suite that looked at ski lift in back. The room was very clean plenty of room for storing extra ski stuff. Had beautiful fireplace and full size washer and dryer. Kitchen had wine cooler, beautiful stove and all the things needed to cook ,eat and drink. Staff very friendly , car and ski valet easy... You just go to second floor click on skis and off to chair lift. That easy... Even if you don't use ski lift the shuttle was very convenient... And in walking distance from hotel to main ski resort entrance. My only complaints would be maybe hire a concierge when it is busy season. The front desk is doing everything .. Plus more blankets... Hotel was sold out and they had trouble finding blankets... That is a hyatt problem..the cleaning lady would only unload half the dishwasher and load more dishes then clean them over again... Not a big deal but I'm on vacation and did not want to unload dishes. I do that at home..... Overall great easy location$$$$you pay but convenience is worth it.

Room Tip: Reserve one facing the mountain...
Green Features: They do not recycle trash in rooms as far as I could tell
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Glenview IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Rented a 2 bedroom #447 through VRBO. com. Very nice unit with beautiful decore and kitchen. On 4th floor with 2 balconies overlooking the pool. Worked well for the family. Ski valet with ski-in, ski-out option was great. My 7 year old who is an intermediate skiier was fine going down the 100 ft slope to lift. Pool and hot tub plus workout facilities in great condition and were not crowded in the least.

The only surprising Hyatt issues were 1) had to have keys reset 5 times while we were there and still no one came to fix underlying issue, 2) hot chocolate and cookies were always gone by 3:45pm even when lift stayed open to 4pm (definitely picky on my part but when you pay $500+ my expectations are high), and 3) no good hangout lounge place for cocktails after skiing. Apres restaurant exists but stark and not a comfortable feeling. My recommendation is get rid of some tables and add some leather chairs to relax and create a more cozy environment.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We booked the Hyatt in part because it was ski in ski out. When we got ready to ski out the hill was very steep so we lugged our stuff through the lobby and carried it to the first lift. We took the lift to the run that would take us to the main ski area. We were unable to make it down that run and had to walk down the hill. If you can ski blues you can ski in ski out. Otherwise don't stay here on that account? Everything else at the hotel was fine. the staff was very accommodating and the two bedroom condo we had was very nice. The restaurant in the hotel is good . Only other issues were lack of towels and pillows.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was my first visit to ski Utah, after having ski'd every resort in Colorado, Big Sky in Montana, and Whistler/Blackcomb in Vancouver. The location of this property alone was invaluable to me. I was able to ski out directly from the in house rental shop and be on the lift within 5 minutes of leaving my room!

Not only was the location perfect, but the condo type hotel room suite was absolutely stunning! Modern fixtures, lodge style decorating, full kitchen with cooking utensils included, modern washer/dryer and very comfy living room and large bedroom--light switch fireplace in both areas!

The steam room located within the women's locker room near the pool helped me wind down each day and feel refreshed before each evening's activities. It is high-end and very clean/quiet.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the Marketplace quick food as well as the tasty in-room dining that I utilized one night for dinner after an exhausting ski day.

The staff throughout the hotel provided above expected service. Everyone accommodated my needs, and went above and beyond expectations while doing so.

I can't wait to be back, and tell others about this great hotel!

Room Tip: The pool/hot tub does have a large handful of children swimming until about 9pm. It didn't bothe...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

So let me start by telling you that I messed up my reservations. I booked six nights starting February 8 instead of March 8. I booked it on Priceline.com and it was a pay up front for the entire hotel stay with no cancellations since it was high season. This was the first trip skiing for my 13 year old son and his friend. As you can imagine we were excited to get the 1st ski trip started. The mistake was all mine but I didn't realize it until we showed up on March 8 ready to check in at the front desk. Neil at the front desk calmly got to work to find a solution for us. Within 15 minutes, he and the Rooms Manager, Scott McGowan, had made a reservation for us across the street at the Hilton Garden Vacation Club (the last room available by the way) for that night and had set us up back at Hyatt Escala for the remaining 5 nights. They didn't have to honor the booking since I made the mistake and the terms of the Priceline deal were in BOLD, NO CANCELLATIONS since we were technically a "no-show" back in February. They really came through for us! We couldn't have been happier with the accommodations, the always smiling and friendly staff, the food (boys loved the milkshakes and cookies), and the TRUE ski-in/ski-out from the on premise Aloha ski rentals. Thank you to everyone there for going over and above the call of duty to not only prevent our vacation from becoming a disaster but making it truly memorable!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Escala Lodge is a condo hotel, so there are typically three types of guests: owners, those that rent directly from the owners, and Hyatt customers. We were Hyatt customers.

The lodge is made up of three buildings around a rotunda and is situated off the main base of the Canyons, far enough away to be somewhat private but close enough to walk. It's a fairly new property with some amenities, but it lacks a spa and multiple restaurant options.

The service, though, is what drove me crazy about the property. We arrived at the bell desk at the main building with large bags (ski season...) and got no assistance from bell staff, who were preoccupied with something. So, we drag our own bags into the lobby and check in. I wasn't offered any of the things that come with my Hyatt elite membership.

Our room was in another building, and again, no bell staff so much as looked in our direction, so we dragged our bags across the rotunda to our third floor room.

Our room was part of a larger suite, but sold as a single room (and it did have all the trappings of a single room). For the price, it was very small (~300sqft). Housekeeping was inconsistent, taking used robes and not replacing them.

The on site restaurant (EPC) also provides room service, which for us meant that meals arrived without things that were typically on the table in the restaurant (salt, pepper, butter, etc).

The entire stay was one near miss after another. It wasn't completely terrible, but nothing worked like it should for a property aiming at this category. If you're planning on visiting the Canyons, try the Waldorf or stick to Park City/Deer Valley.

Room Tip: Main building rooms will save you trouble.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel is a condo hotel, so you end up with big nice suites with a nice kitchen, of course if you take a 2-3 bedroom unit. Great friendly staff and great location, right at the chairlift. Nice restaurant and small marketplace shop and cafe for takeaway. Also has ski rental and a nice place to put your ski boots on and chill out, and to top that off, hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies free after skiing, and yes hot and freshly baked.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!