“Incredible Service and Beautiful Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Cabot, Arkansas
“Incredible Service and Beautiful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I took a delayed honeymoon in Park City, a place neither of us had ever been. After a lot of research on line I chose the Escala. We were not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and very helpful for someone who didn't know the area. Neil put us in an incredible room. He and Jackie gave us great recommendations on restaurants and a spa for my wife. We were there for the early ski season before the crowds. It was wonderful. We will be going back!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the forth to sixth floor. A lot better views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Chesterfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Let me begin by saying that I know this resort will absolutely be a 5 star resort very soon. I visited at the beginning of ski season and the staff didn't quite have their act together, but they are trying hard and I know they will get there. For instance, there were a couple incidences where I had to "go looking" for a valet and front desk attendant. The staff wasn't as knowledgeable on amenities as I would have expected for this caliber of resort, like I said though - they'll get there.

The resort is absolutely gorgeous. I stayed in a king suite that included a full kitchen with brand new, high end appliances, full living and dining room, two bathrooms and two fireplaces. The incredible accommodations coupled with the view I wanted to live there!

The location couldn't be better especially if you are visiting during ski season. The Canyon's Sunrise lift is right out your door. I also rented my ski equipment right at the resort at Aloha Rentals. What a phenomenal experience, very high level of service here.

One suggestion I would have for the resort would be to add pay per view movies. After an exhausting day on the slopes it would be great to settle in for a great movie!

Will definitely be back to Hyatt Escala!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was here for almost a week on a business trip. We completely commandeered the whole place. What really stuck out for me was the complete willingness of Jennifer and her team to undertake whatever was needed by us ( often outside the normal services expected). Great breakfast and lunch ( fresh and healthy). I was lucky enough to share a 3 bedroom suite, it was amazing. Very comfortable beds with fire place in bed room, whioch was nice. Top end with everything you would expected from Hyatt ( but in this case so much more). Personally not a skier but if I was to ever think about such a vacation I would most certainly be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I always know I'm going to have a great time staying at a Hyatt. Helps that I have a Hyatt card that gives me lots of free nights. The staff was very very helpful, the area nice, and literally 10 min to park city.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I am spending Thanksgiving week at the resort and I am enjoying the lavish amenities & great service from the Escala staff. I travel a great deal and it takes a lot to impress me.

We are enjoying a beautiful suite and close proximity to everything Park City had to offer.

The kids even got in some impromptu sledding on the hill adjacent to the hotel. Great fun!

Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The 1 bedroom suite was beautiful. It was quiet and had 3 fireplaces. The gym was okay. The pool is heated. Starbucks coffee to wake up with. Valet was always helpful. Hopefully your lucky enough to get Scott at the front desk as he will take care of you!

• Stayed November 2013
Spanish Fork, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here with my husband for our anniversary this year. It was beautiful. I loved it. Our room was spacious and the bathroom was big and beautiful as well. However, the shower head was hard to get at the right angle - might have just been the person trying to use it though. :-)

We didn't swim in the pool, even though it looked nice. We opted to stay in the hot tub - which was quite large.

We tried out their "romance package" which provided wine/sparkling cider and strawberries, breakfast in bed and late check-out. The execution of which wasn't great. Knowing that we would be leaving for dinner, we told the front desk to call before bringing up the cider and strawberries - they didn't call - just brought it up as we were heading out the door to go to dinner. Not the end of the world, just annoying as we asked them to call first. Then on to the morning... the room we had = you used your card to get into a common area where there were two doors - two rooms. Well, I'm guessing the room next to us didn't order the romance package with late check out because housekeeping knocked on their door bright and early - and LOUDLY. And then - they knocked on our door. I guess the message didn't trickle down to housekeeping that we were checking out late. And then before my husband could get to the door to tell them so, they opened it and started walking in. I was in bed and my husband was trying to throw some clothes on. Akward. Okay, whatever. We couldn't go back to sleep so we opted to order breakfast. My husband ordered a breakfast burrito which he loved, I tried and loved as well. I ordered oatmeal - not great. And then.... housekeeping knocked again. So much for the "romance package". My husband called the front desk annoyed to tell them what was going on. They were great about it. When checking out the manager took the cost of the "romance package" off of our bill. Really, it sounds terrible, but overall we had a great time. We just won't bother booking the "romance package" again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!