“Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Spanish Fork, Utah, United States
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here with my husband for our anniversary this year. It was beautiful. I loved it. Our room was spacious and the bathroom was big and beautiful as well. However, the shower head was hard to get at the right angle - might have just been the person trying to use it though. :-)

We didn't swim in the pool, even though it looked nice. We opted to stay in the hot tub - which was quite large.

We tried out their "romance package" which provided wine/sparkling cider and strawberries, breakfast in bed and late check-out. The execution of which wasn't great. Knowing that we would be leaving for dinner, we told the front desk to call before bringing up the cider and strawberries - they didn't call - just brought it up as we were heading out the door to go to dinner. Not the end of the world, just annoying as we asked them to call first. Then on to the morning... the room we had = you used your card to get into a common area where there were two doors - two rooms. Well, I'm guessing the room next to us didn't order the romance package with late check out because housekeeping knocked on their door bright and early - and LOUDLY. And then - they knocked on our door. I guess the message didn't trickle down to housekeeping that we were checking out late. And then before my husband could get to the door to tell them so, they opened it and started walking in. I was in bed and my husband was trying to throw some clothes on. Akward. Okay, whatever. We couldn't go back to sleep so we opted to order breakfast. My husband ordered a breakfast burrito which he loved, I tried and loved as well. I ordered oatmeal - not great. And then.... housekeeping knocked again. So much for the "romance package". My husband called the front desk annoyed to tell them what was going on. They were great about it. When checking out the manager took the cost of the "romance package" off of our bill. Really, it sounds terrible, but overall we had a great time. We just won't bother booking the "romance package" again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our family recently stayed at the Escala, even though is was off-season, but we wanted a relaxing and pampering experience while we were there from 1/2 way across the country for medical reasons.
The hotel was pretty empty but that wasn't a problem. Rooms were nice enough and but rather small for the usual $600 a night during ski season. There wasn't even a chair or sofa to sit on besides the one straight chair at the writing desk which was extra extra tiny. Bathroom was nice but had zero counter space. We were looking for the lobby to register when we first arrived. As a matter of fact, we went in, back out, then in again before we realized we were in the lobby. The check-in desk was small and not always manned. One of the biggest deal's was the single restaurant Menu was very limited and both nights we ate there, they were out of Cheesecake and Fruit Tarts on the Dessert Menu. Food was average. Staff was very helpfull and cheerful all over hotel. Would not stay there during snow season as it is too much money for the amenities available. I would have at least expectd a big huge "real" fireplace int he lobby but instead, it was a gas fireplace putting off minimum heat. It was beautiful because of the outside of the hotel and the surrondings. Inside wasn't anything spectaclular.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's a suite if you want a little more room to stretch out.... if they are even...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

When the national parks closed last week, we ended up in Park City, and thanks to this amazing resort,it was the best Plan B ever! We had the most spacious and finely adorned suite I've ever stayed in. The staff was wonderful and the entire property is top-notch. It was a great deal in the off season, but worth whatever the regular price is. We'll definitely be back.

Stayed October 2013
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel was new, clean, and conveniently located to both downtown Park City and Interstate 80. While the "living space" area was a bit small and the desk was not well suited for business travelers, all other aspects of the room were great. I loved the gas fire place, being able to sit out on the balcony to soak in the afternoon sun, and the foyer (very roomy) bathroom (clean, modern shower and tub) kitchenette area (fridge, microwave, dishes and silverware) were all very well appointed. Both the gym and pool area were great as well. The pool area has cushioned lounge chairs and two large hot tubs. The gym contained all of the equipment you would hope for and the cool rags and steam room and sauna in the locker room are above and beyond what can be found and most other hotels. The only small criticism I have of the property is the noise from the pool area. While the noise from the kids during the day is to be expected in a room that overlooks the pool, it was a bit annoying after dark. Additionally the noise from what I guessed to be a filter right outside my open window, either kept me up or woke me up a few times during my visit. If you want complete relaxation/quiet you may want to ask for a room that does not overlook the pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here a few times for business meetings during the off-season. The hotel suites are absolutely spectacular - the nicest rooms I have stayed in, and that includes business travel all over the country. Beautifully furnished - nicer than my own house. Some rooms have balconies and full service kitchen, and washer/dryer. The multi-bedroom suites are even more amazing. The staff have always been helpful and attentive. The food at the restaurant is highly recommended. I have stayed at a number of different Park City area hotels and this is my favorite.The staff are very accessible here and aren't snobby like some Park City hotels - you feel like you actually belong here.I can't say enough nice things about Hyatt Escala Lodge.

Room Tip: consider requesting a room on top floor - the views are something you'll never forget.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed at this property last weekend. WOW, what an awesome place!! All the staff were super friendly and highly professional. The room was spectacular. I would highly recommend this place to anyone that wants to stay at a great hotel/resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rockville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We just got back from our stay at the Escala. I have to say it was one of the nicest places that we have ever stayed. First class service and accommodations. We would stay there again. It's a short trip to downtown Park City.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!