“Hospitality and Super Conveneient” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Hospitality and Super Conveneient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I loved the Hyatt Esacala! Easily one of my favorite places in the area. The staff is amazing. Valet and Front desk are always super helpful ready to help you out with anything you may need. The rooms speak for themselves. They are very clean and comfortable. Exactly what you want to come home to after a long day of work or skiing! I usually stay in a 1 bdrm with a kitchen and it is amazing you dont feel like you are in a hotel at all. The whole experience is wonderful. I would highly reccommend this place and I know I will be coming back for years! If you are going skiing in the canyons resort this place is awesome. You can leave the resort on your ski's / snowboard, take a lift up and at the end of the day ski all the way back to the hotel and go relax in front of your fireplace.

Room Tip: 4th floor has high ceilings so make the rooms feel bigger but 1st floor you could literally ski out...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I can't find a single negative thing to say about this hotel; the property is beautiful, the service impeccable and the staff is friendly and attententive.

Located outside of downtown Park City in an area called the Canyons, it's right on the slopes for ski-in/ski-out convenience and just up the hill from a bus stop where you can take a free bus into town. The staff will happily drop you off and pick you up at the stop upon request.

My 2 bedroom suite was HUGE; equipped with everything one could need: a full sized kitchen, large master bath, washer/dryer and family room with a fireplace. Each bedrooms also had a fireplace as well as a balcony and the secondary bedroom also came equipped with a microwave and mini-fridge. If you don't want to cook, there is a great restaurant in addition to a small market where you can get snacks/sandiches.

This property had everything I could need or desire; I will definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Wasatch building with slope views are awesome.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We just spent 4 nights at the Escala lodge. the room was gorgeous, clean and very comfortable. It has a gourmet kitchen, washer dryer, balcony, fireplace, views of the mountains, and spacious bathroom.
The staff was wonderful- very helpful and friendly.
we had a great time enjoying winter sports in the area and then coming 'home' to Escala.
Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My family a stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. It was very large and very nice. The fact that It had three full bathrooms was very convenient. The shuttle was very convenient. It was always ready to pick us up and drive is to anywhere in The Canyons. It was ski in and ski out which made it very easy to get out on the mountain and ski right back to the ski valet. Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

This property is a gem. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are exquisite. My wife and I had a long weekend here without kids. We stayed in the 1 Bedroom Deluxe Suite. The kitchen was beautiful with marble countertops and a fireplace in the living room that will dry your ski gloves in no time. Our room had a washer/dryer also. I could call this place home very easily.

With the ski valet on the second floor it made it so easy for ski in/ski out. Get the morning breakfast package as the food is very good and the atmosphere is "all windows" out to the ski slopes. The chefs will make you a great omelette or bagel sandwich. The head chef here is very friendly and will make sure you have the food you want your way.

The workout room was very nice and the outdoor pool and hot tubs were great too. We did think that the hot tubs could be warmer and that they should keep them open until 12:00.

My only other complaint is that the adjoining room that was rented to other guests could have been a little more sound proof. We could hear all the conversations as if they were in the room with us. Loud talkers.

We will be back!

• Stayed January 2013
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

First I want to say that this hotel is beautiful, in a great location, and convenient for skiing. A true luxury experience. The Hot tub and pool are great for the post mountain relaxation. The staff in the restaurant and front desk are nice and helpful. The food for meetings was delicious (try the homemade hot chocolate!). The guys in the ski valet are first rate and know what they are doing. The mountain is fantastic and the slopes are some of the best in country.

So why did I give this hotel a 3? Well if you are driving to this resort, pay close attention.

This hotel needs to reexamine their standard operating procedures for valeting cars. I was with a group who came in different vehicles. Over the course of our 3 day visit there were 2 occasions where the hotel could not find the keys and one occasion where they couldn't even find the car (a member of my group had to go down into the garage to find the car with the valet). The absolute icing on the cake took place at 3:30am on the last day. As I had an early morning flight out of SLC I called for my car. When I arrived at the valet stand I was told that my keys were missing. I went with the valet to the garage and found my car, but no keys. To make a long story short, after 45 mins of calling my rental car company who were in the process of sending over a tow truck, the valet finally emerged with the keys. It turns out they were left in the jacket pocket of the valet who took the keys several days before and I assume the jacket was hanging up in some locker.

After this experience, all I wanted to do was discuss the incident with the manager. Since it was 3:30am, there was no manager on duty. After leaving my business card, the front desk staff assured me that they would let the manager know and he would call me. That call never came. I think after the experience I had that last day at this hotel ... at least have the respect and decency to call me back.

All in all .. I would recommend the hotel. It is a very nice property. However, consider yourself warned about the valet...

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the hot tub.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Winter Garden, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Lucked out on getting a great rate at last moment. From the point of check in three days ago, I have nothing but good things to say about the staff, service and facility. Room is gorgeous. People have been so helpful. I travel 50 percent of time for work and actually extended to stay in this hotel and drove the extra time since it was such a great room. Convenience to slopes is great. Ski down from ski valet to a quick lift. Coming home is a little more tricky. The snow blowers covered sign leading back to Ski in area. I ended up with a hike up the mountain with skis.

Highly recommend this resort. Great Skiing, beautiful rooms and great service. Much better than some of the other options in the Canyons .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!