“Great Room, Great for Skiing” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great Room, Great for Skiing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family a stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. It was very large and very nice. The fact that It had three full bathrooms was very convenient. The shuttle was very convenient. It was always ready to pick us up and drive is to anywhere in The Canyons. It was ski in and ski out which made it very easy to get out on the mountain and ski right back to the ski valet. Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

This property is a gem. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are exquisite. My wife and I had a long weekend here without kids. We stayed in the 1 Bedroom Deluxe Suite. The kitchen was beautiful with marble countertops and a fireplace in the living room that will dry your ski gloves in no time. Our room had a washer/dryer also. I could call this place home very easily.

With the ski valet on the second floor it made it so easy for ski in/ski out. Get the morning breakfast package as the food is very good and the atmosphere is "all windows" out to the ski slopes. The chefs will make you a great omelette or bagel sandwich. The head chef here is very friendly and will make sure you have the food you want your way.

The workout room was very nice and the outdoor pool and hot tubs were great too. We did think that the hot tubs could be warmer and that they should keep them open until 12:00.

My only other complaint is that the adjoining room that was rented to other guests could have been a little more sound proof. We could hear all the conversations as if they were in the room with us. Loud talkers.

We will be back!

• Stayed January 2013
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

First I want to say that this hotel is beautiful, in a great location, and convenient for skiing. A true luxury experience. The Hot tub and pool are great for the post mountain relaxation. The staff in the restaurant and front desk are nice and helpful. The food for meetings was delicious (try the homemade hot chocolate!). The guys in the ski valet are first rate and know what they are doing. The mountain is fantastic and the slopes are some of the best in country.

So why did I give this hotel a 3? Well if you are driving to this resort, pay close attention.

This hotel needs to reexamine their standard operating procedures for valeting cars. I was with a group who came in different vehicles. Over the course of our 3 day visit there were 2 occasions where the hotel could not find the keys and one occasion where they couldn't even find the car (a member of my group had to go down into the garage to find the car with the valet). The absolute icing on the cake took place at 3:30am on the last day. As I had an early morning flight out of SLC I called for my car. When I arrived at the valet stand I was told that my keys were missing. I went with the valet to the garage and found my car, but no keys. To make a long story short, after 45 mins of calling my rental car company who were in the process of sending over a tow truck, the valet finally emerged with the keys. It turns out they were left in the jacket pocket of the valet who took the keys several days before and I assume the jacket was hanging up in some locker.

After this experience, all I wanted to do was discuss the incident with the manager. Since it was 3:30am, there was no manager on duty. After leaving my business card, the front desk staff assured me that they would let the manager know and he would call me. That call never came. I think after the experience I had that last day at this hotel ... at least have the respect and decency to call me back.

All in all .. I would recommend the hotel. It is a very nice property. However, consider yourself warned about the valet...

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the hot tub.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Winter Garden, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Lucked out on getting a great rate at last moment. From the point of check in three days ago, I have nothing but good things to say about the staff, service and facility. Room is gorgeous. People have been so helpful. I travel 50 percent of time for work and actually extended to stay in this hotel and drove the extra time since it was such a great room. Convenience to slopes is great. Ski down from ski valet to a quick lift. Coming home is a little more tricky. The snow blowers covered sign leading back to Ski in area. I ended up with a hike up the mountain with skis.

Highly recommend this resort. Great Skiing, beautiful rooms and great service. Much better than some of the other options in the Canyons .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited during the off season, in May. The property is in a beautiful mountainous setting, near terrific Park City.
The staff was friendly, almost too friendly. The room was just amazing! It has a gourmet kitchen, washer and dryer, 2 balconies, a bedroom, living room with a fireplace and a gorgeous bathroom. The entire suite was spacious and comfortable. We entertained guests, with plenty of room for everyone.
The pool area was great with steam rooms and saunas. It also had a nice fitness center.
Fantastic Hyatt, loved it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend during the busy Christmas to New Year's period and loved it. The service started immediately when our airport shuttle mistakenly dropped us off at the Canyon's Grand Summit instead of the Escala. We called the front desk at 11pm and they sent the private hotel SUV to pick us up within 10 minutes - complimentary.

All the facilities at this hotel are immaculate and very modern. Starting with the fire pits outside the entrance to the modern lobby and bathrooms. Even though we were here during a busy period, the elevators were never crowded and we rarely saw other people in the elevators. Definitely a nice secluded feel with staff always there when you need them.

The ski valet is located on the second floor of the main building and even has a ski rental shop built in. All we had to do was take the elevator down one floor to change into our ski boots and we walked right out to the slopes where our skis were waiting. It's a short ski down a semi-private hill to the Sunrise lift and you're at Canyons! Truly ski-in, ski-out. Lift passes for Canyons could also be purchased right in the lobby.

Throughout our stay the ski valet was on point, bringing skis out to the car on the day we went to Alta. Rooms were very well appointed and spotless. Service was generally excellent all around and the restaurant served great food with excellent service. We had one issue with our food one day and it was very professionally resolved by the waitress -- again, the kind of service we would expect from the Hyatt brand.

This resort is also close to all the bars and restaurants located at the Canyons resort. Just a 5-minute walk across the parking lot. There is also a free shuttle leaving every hour to Main Street for those who want to visit downtown park city.

Overall an excellent and relaxing experience. We're definitely coming back next year.

Room Tip: Privately owned units may be more reasonable than rooms booked through the hotel itself, especially...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have been coming to the Canyons for half a dozen years. Two stays at the Grand Summitt and one at the Sundial, one at the Waldorf (great) and one at they Hyatt Escala plus some condos. The facility is newer and somewhat nicer but the following are a list of things we didn't like:
1. the kitchens in the suite are not stocked well. You get some very basic things like cereal bowls and plates but if you want to actually prepare food there are no mixing bowls ect..so its basically impossible.
2. the maid service didnt come until after 5pm on most days of our stay
3. we called for a replacement humidifier over and over again and it never came despite comments like "it will be right up" or "as soon as people checkout we will have it to your room"..but it never came.
4. if you want a late checkout (just 1 hr more) they will charge you a 1/2 day, even if the hotel has plenty of room (and like I said the maid isnt coming until after 5pm anyway)
5. the room service waiter made a point to tell us the 22% room service charge was not the gratuity and that an extra 20% was customary.

I dont write reviews but this place is just not what the reviews say it is. If you want value stay at the Sundial if you want great service stay at the Waldorf. The Hyatt Escala is poor service at high prices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!