We have been coming to the Canyons for half a dozen years. Two stays at the Grand Summitt and one at the Sundial, one at the Waldorf (great) and one at they Hyatt Escala plus some condos. The facility is newer and somewhat nicer but the following are a list of things we didn't like:
1. the kitchens in the suite are not stocked well. You get some very basic things like cereal bowls and plates but if you want to actually prepare food there are no mixing bowls ect..so its basically impossible.
2. the maid service didnt come until after 5pm on most days of our stay
3. we called for a replacement humidifier over and over again and it never came despite comments like "it will be right up" or "as soon as people checkout we will have it to your room"..but it never came.
4. if you want a late checkout (just 1 hr more) they will charge you a 1/2 day, even if the hotel has plenty of room (and like I said the maid isnt coming until after 5pm anyway)
5. the room service waiter made a point to tell us the 22% room service charge was not the gratuity and that an extra 20% was customary.
I dont write reviews but this place is just not what the reviews say it is. If you want value stay at the Sundial if you want great service stay at the Waldorf. The Hyatt Escala is poor service at high prices.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Escala Lodge At Park City Hotel Park City
- Hyatt Escala Lodge At Park City Utah