“Pretty Amazing Ski Property” 5 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Pretty Amazing Ski Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed in the 3 bedroom end unit. The huge wrap around deck was pretty amazing. The main lift for the mountain was just below us. It was a beautiful hotel both inside and out. The rooms and kitchens and bathrooms were nice. Probably one of the nicest hotel rooms our family has ever stayed in. My only complaint was that the pool was a bit on the small side.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
habbenb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My girlfriend booked this for what had to be the best birthday gift for me last year.

We were lucky enough to have a light snowfall greet us as we pulled up to the Hyatt Escala. The inside makes you feel like you are in an amazing log cabin, you do not get the feel of a hotel and the front desk was extremely pleasant.

The room we stayed in was more than we could possibly expect. We walked into a complete kitchen, dining table, fireplace, couch, Plasma tv and a Washer/Dryer room. It also had a separate bedroom and bathroom.

Our day consisted of waking up, going down to their in house restaurant and having one of the freshest breakfasts we have had in a long time. Then hitting the slopes, this was accomplished by simply walking out the back door and onto a ski lift that takes you to the main entrance of Canyons.

The mountain was amazing, we enjoyed every aspect of it. If you are a beginner or semi beginner there is an unknown secret to Canyons. Don't get a lift ticket or ski equipment! Instead sign up for Canyons Ski School. For $99.00 you get: Ski Lessons, a lift ticket and equipment rental. The cost of the lift ticket alone is $99.00. If you are not an experienced skier/snowboarder take the lessons. They were invaluable!

When we were done for the day we came back to our amazing room, changed into our bathing suits and headed to the hot tub with some drinks to finish off the day.

If you happen to need anything while you are staying there, they have a house car that will take you to a near by 7-11 or to the Canyons Ski Resort main entrance that has many restaurants, bars and shops.

5* Stay all the way around.

Room Tip: This is a condo hotel so you may find a better deal on c.list...than by calling front desk.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed there with my family and it was amazing, the atmosphere was just wonderful. My kids loved it and the staff was super friendly and helpful. The restaurant must be new it had not been there a few years back and the food was fantastic, my wife loved the salmon salad. Rooms are very new and are great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I meet the manager and she even let us check out late because our flight was in the evening... customer service at it's finest... Memorials.com highly recommends this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had simply booked the least inexpensive hotel for my last day/night in Park City as my business trip only covered my conference portion of my stay. Upon entering my room, I immediately regretted not paying to stay here for my entire stay..and willingly from my own pocket, too! The service was fabulous and the rooms breathtakingly amazing!! I can't even put into words how incredible this place was! Truly the best place I've ever stayed and I've traveled to many different locations around the globe! The saddest part was that I was only there for one night and I didn't have my better half with me to share the experience with.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New Hope, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recently stayed at this wonderful Hyatt property within the Canyons resort area. The people are friendly, service oriented, and very helpful. The accommodations in the 2 bedroom suite are absolutely phenomenal. The bedrooms are very comfortable, the bathrooms are giant, and the living and kitchen areas are very well appointed with leather and top notch appliances. It was so nice that my wife and son recently stayed there and loved the place. The place to stay is in room 201B. A great view with a huge balcony. Love this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at a different hotel this weekend and were really disappointed. So we called up the Hyatt Escala Lodge and we were in for the next night! It totally saved us! Beautiful hotel, huge rooms, nice fireplace in our room, pool is gorgeous. We will definitely stay here again!

The concierge was SO nice and helpful and even recommended a restaurant which we fell in love with! Thanks for an incredible stay! We stayed in a king suite. The only complaint is that the mini fridge was kind of loud, but totally not worth crying over. And the beds are huge and so comfy!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here in Oct 2012 and it was obviously their off season - i'm not convinced there was anyone else there, haha. Bueatiful hotel, i bet the area is crazy when its skiing season. Hot tubs are large.

G

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!