“Unbelievable stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
habbenb
“Unbelievable stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My girlfriend booked this for what had to be the best birthday gift for me last year.

We were lucky enough to have a light snowfall greet us as we pulled up to the Hyatt Escala. The inside makes you feel like you are in an amazing log cabin, you do not get the feel of a hotel and the front desk was extremely pleasant.

The room we stayed in was more than we could possibly expect. We walked into a complete kitchen, dining table, fireplace, couch, Plasma tv and a Washer/Dryer room. It also had a separate bedroom and bathroom.

Our day consisted of waking up, going down to their in house restaurant and having one of the freshest breakfasts we have had in a long time. Then hitting the slopes, this was accomplished by simply walking out the back door and onto a ski lift that takes you to the main entrance of Canyons.

The mountain was amazing, we enjoyed every aspect of it. If you are a beginner or semi beginner there is an unknown secret to Canyons. Don't get a lift ticket or ski equipment! Instead sign up for Canyons Ski School. For $99.00 you get: Ski Lessons, a lift ticket and equipment rental. The cost of the lift ticket alone is $99.00. If you are not an experienced skier/snowboarder take the lessons. They were invaluable!

When we were done for the day we came back to our amazing room, changed into our bathing suits and headed to the hot tub with some drinks to finish off the day.

If you happen to need anything while you are staying there, they have a house car that will take you to a near by 7-11 or to the Canyons Ski Resort main entrance that has many restaurants, bars and shops.

5* Stay all the way around.

Room Tip: This is a condo hotel so you may find a better deal on c.list...than by calling front desk.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed there with my family and it was amazing, the atmosphere was just wonderful. My kids loved it and the staff was super friendly and helpful. The restaurant must be new it had not been there a few years back and the food was fantastic, my wife loved the salmon salad. Rooms are very new and are great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I meet the manager and she even let us check out late because our flight was in the evening... customer service at it's finest... Memorials.com highly recommends this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had simply booked the least inexpensive hotel for my last day/night in Park City as my business trip only covered my conference portion of my stay. Upon entering my room, I immediately regretted not paying to stay here for my entire stay..and willingly from my own pocket, too! The service was fabulous and the rooms breathtakingly amazing!! I can't even put into words how incredible this place was! Truly the best place I've ever stayed and I've traveled to many different locations around the globe! The saddest part was that I was only there for one night and I didn't have my better half with me to share the experience with.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New Hope, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recently stayed at this wonderful Hyatt property within the Canyons resort area. The people are friendly, service oriented, and very helpful. The accommodations in the 2 bedroom suite are absolutely phenomenal. The bedrooms are very comfortable, the bathrooms are giant, and the living and kitchen areas are very well appointed with leather and top notch appliances. It was so nice that my wife and son recently stayed there and loved the place. The place to stay is in room 201B. A great view with a huge balcony. Love this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at a different hotel this weekend and were really disappointed. So we called up the Hyatt Escala Lodge and we were in for the next night! It totally saved us! Beautiful hotel, huge rooms, nice fireplace in our room, pool is gorgeous. We will definitely stay here again!

The concierge was SO nice and helpful and even recommended a restaurant which we fell in love with! Thanks for an incredible stay! We stayed in a king suite. The only complaint is that the mini fridge was kind of loud, but totally not worth crying over. And the beds are huge and so comfy!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here in Oct 2012 and it was obviously their off season - i'm not convinced there was anyone else there, haha. Bueatiful hotel, i bet the area is crazy when its skiing season. Hot tubs are large.

G

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in October 2012 for a conference. We got lost getting to the hotel. Best way to explain where it is, if you do not have a GPS, is from the main road, look for the Canyons sign. Turn onto that street, which will lead you up towards the mountains. Canyons is an area where a bunch of the lodges are located. Once you turn onto that road, the Hyatt is the last hotel at the end of the road. Other than finding the hotel, our stay was great. I usually don't stay at Hyatt hotels because they are usually too expensive for me, but since my company paid for the cost, since it was a business trip, it was a plus. Once you arrive, you are greeted by the valet. You have the option to valet your car or self park (both of which are included in your resort fee, which is not an optional cost). Checking in was very easy, and after getting our room key, made our way to the underground parking garage (you will need your room key to access the parking garage). The hotel is divided up into four buildings. The parking garage has an elevator labeled for each building, so make sure you know which building your room is in.

We had a one-bedroom suite in the Uinta building. It was probably the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed at. It had a Sub-Zero refrig/freezer, Wolf oven, washer/dryer, dishwasher and a jetted tub, with separate shower. All of the cookware that you need to cook a delicious meal is provided. I've stayed at other hotels with kitchens, and no where have I've seen so many cookware provided. We usually discover that something is missing, and either have to improvise or go out and buy it. But we had no problem cooking all of our meals with the provided cookware. There was a dining table with four chairs and a sofa couch to watch TV. The bedroom had a queen size bed, with a TV and a safe big enough to fit my laptop. Should you have additional people in your room, the couch does convert into a bed, although we didn't use it. A gas fireplace is located in the living room, although we didn't use it. For those of you whose nose does not like the dry air in Utah (such as myself), you can request a humidifier from the front desk. Wifi is included in your resort fee, available throughout the property and was sufficient for my needs.

If you want to go to Main Street or the outlets in town, you don't need a car. The hotel provides a free ride to the bus terminal, about a five minute drive. From there catch the bus to Main Street or to the outlet. The best part of it is that it's all free. The public transportation in Park City is free, although tips are appreciated. When you are finished exploring, make your way back to the bus terminal that you were dropped of at, and call the hotel for a ride.

Besides going into town, the ski lifts are within walking distance. Behind the hotel is one ski lift and if you walk to the adjacent lodge (about 5-10 minute walk) more ski lifts are available. Because we were there in October, only a few of the lifts were operational. We did go on the gondala lift, which costs $15 for an all day pass. Once at the top of the mountain, there is a cafe, zip lining and trails for mountain biking. The total travel time one way was about 10-15 minutes.

The staff was very accommodating and helpful. The valet were the ones who were shuttling you back and forth from the the hotel to the bus terminal, and was always welcoming us with a smile. As we were checking out, the front desk staff knew we were heading back to Salt Lake City and provided us with directions of a alternative, scenic trip back to Salt Lake City.

The hotel restaurant is only open seasonally, and we were fortunate that the restaurant had just opened prior to us arriving. The food is pricey, although I wasn't surprised. The food was not spectacular and average. My recommendation would be to either buy food from the grocery store and cook it in your room (if you have a room with a kitchen), or eat at the restaurants in town.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting Park City.

Room Tip: For smokers, request a low floor because smoking is not allowed in the room or on the balcony, and t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!