“Enjoyable weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Enjoyable weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I've never stayed at a Hyatt before, but I have stayed at the Waldorf in Park City.
The Hyatt definitely is a more 'relaxed' hotel and not as pretentious as the Waldorf.
The Hyatt seems family friendly, although it was just myself and my partner staying here, there were many families with children around the hotel and pool.
The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome.
Our room was on the small side and poorly lit. All amenities that one expects were provided including bath robes. Most importantly the bed was comfortable and room clean.
The onsite facilities included a pool, hot tub, gym, sauna and steam room.
The breakfast (either buffet or a la carte) was to a high quality although service was slow or non existent.
All in all I feel this hotel can improve but I would still recommend it as the location is great, facilities are many and rooms comfortable.

Room Tip: Top floors provide a good view of mountains or valley.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Aurora, Illinos
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This time share masquerading as a Hyatt should be avoided at all costs

Arrived on a Sunday bar and restaurant closed, confusion at check in.

Darkest room I have ever stayed in. the desk lamp was 15 watts, one very uncomfortable chair set amongst the over sized, gaudy furniture.

Breakfast was served cafeteria style, the restaurant was still closed, egss, cold bacon even colder potatos served in a cardboard box with plastic utensils.

If you are coming to this area for a short stay go elsewhere.

I am a Hyatt Diamond member so know what Hyatt standards are, this place doesn't qualify.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have stayed there a couple of times, and every time our expectations have been vastly exceeded! The Escala restaurant is delicious. We had breakfast (an all you can eat buffet style) and dinner there, and all of it was so so good. The employees all treated us like royalty, and made sure we had everything to make us happy. The scenery is beautiful, and there is plenty to do. We hope to be able to go back many more times!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Since December 2011 I've spent several weeks at the Hyatt Escala. I received such wonderful service from all of the staff, so much so, that I felt compelled to write a review about this hotel and share my experience.

The location is great. It is a ski in/out property at the Canyons ski resort (which also features concerts, hiking, mountain biking, etc. in the summer). Simply take the lift immediately outside the hotel and hop over to the orange bubble lift or gondola (or just a couple minute walk when the hotel lift isn't operating). During the winter months they provide a shuttle to and from main street in Park City.

While all of the rooms are clean and comfortable, many of the them are very large featuring a fully equipped and full size kitchen complete with brand new appliances (e.g., Sub Zero type refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, etc.) and everything you need to cook (e.g., cooking utensils, dishes, plates, silverware, food storage containers, etc.). Many also have a dining table (which I used as a desk office during my stays), comfortable couch, fireplace, separate bedroom, huge bathroom, washer and dryer (super convenient), big closets, dresser and a balcony. The mattress is very comfortable, good sheets (I now compare all sheets in hotels to the biblically comfortable bedding at the Avia in Napa), big pillows and a duvet (I always toss the heavy bed spread aside).

There is a market in the lobby which offers coffee, latte's, beverages, snacks, etc. along with fresh made sandwiches and flat breads from the kitchen. I must have eaten 20 of the Sunrise bagel egg sandwiches during my stays, but substituted cibatta bread for the bagel and added arugula and cheddar (I wish they would just add this to the menu so I wouldn't have to make this special order each and every morning - it's so good).

I didn't realize there was a restaurant in hotel until I saw a brilliant advertisement in the elevator. The breakfast buffet is very good (e.g., omelet station, fresh fruits and breads, oatmeal, french toasts, fresh made granola cereals, etc.) and everything I've tried on the dinner menu has been excellent. I especially enjoyed the burgers, fondue and the trout (perfect!). After trying many of the restaurants on Main Street (quite expensive) and in the junction, I decided to just stay at the hotel for dinners.

Some of my other favorite things about the hotel include free underground parking, the huge jacuzzi and a clean and well equipped fitness center.

The property is pet friendly, but there wasn't a hint of it anywhere. No barking dogs and the rooms were impeccable.

But the staff is what prompted me to write this review. During each my of my stays they have been extraordinarily friendly, helpful and accommodating. I arrived very late in the evening for my third stay and was welcomed with a delicious cheese plate in the room - a welcome snack after a long day of travel - what an extraordinary and thoughtful thing to do for a guest. I'll be staying here each and every time I visit Park City.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've stayed in quite a few Hyatts througout the country and this one tops all the ones I've been in. From the very friendly welcome to the super clean and comfortable room, definetly top notch here. You will have no worries booking with these guys.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cottonwood Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I can't say enough of this Hotel, not to mention the restaurant. The best service ever! Great food I just love the atmosphere.They had a siger that plyed the piano, it made our night even better. You have to try it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Mount Shasta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Spent one night at the Hyatt and had a great time. The hotel is beautiful on the outside and inside. Spacious room and bathroom, cozy fireplace and a nice pool area. The one downside to the pool was the inability to use the smaller of the two hottubs because of the children jumping from it to the pool and throwing the pool water at their family in the hottub. All the staff we interacted with were friendly, and for the most part, helpful. Had a good, but pricy, breakfast in the resturant.
We walked to the Zip Tour and had an incredible experience. Well worth the $85/each price tag. There was also a Friday night concert and BBQ less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family