“Excellent Value and Overall Experience...keeps us coming back” 5 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #12 of 59 hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
Winter Park, Florida
“Excellent Value and Overall Experience...keeps us coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We highly recommend the Hyatt Escala Lodge. The rooms, service levels, and amenities were all great. This was our return trip as we enjoyed it so much last year. The addition of Escala Provisions and the restaurant made it even better. We have skiied in many places and this is by far one of the most convenient with its proximity to the airport, ski valet, ski-in-ski-out location, and transportation options for getting around Park City and The Canyons.

There are two hot tubs with one having a capacity of 38 and never crowded. The ski valet and hot tub are centrally located and easy to access from any of the buildings. Front desk (especially Whitney), auto valet and ski valet staff were all very helpful and courteous.

We are planning to return next year as it only seems to get better each year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Lawrence, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

This hotel is located at the Canyons Resort near Park Lake City and a great place to ski and also relax and pamper yourself. We had a 1st floor room looking out to the plaza and the pool area, which is outside, but heated. You have access through the fitness area and they provide bathrobe and towels.
The rooms are equipped with a fire place and when the pilot light went off one night they sent somebody to the room immediately to fix it. The bathroom is big and it has a tub and shower.
The only bad thing I can say about the whole stay is that the rooms (at least ours) have thin walls and we could hear people on the above floor shower and and in the morning we could hear people trampling down the hallway in their ski boots.
There is a nice restaurant for breakfast and the price for the buffet was reasonable since I found it was good quality food and a good choice and drinks were included: $20.
The most convenient part was the ski-in/ski-out with a ski valet and an hotel-owned lift that allows you to ski to the bottom of the gondola to buy your tickets.
We also liked the underground parking, either valet or self-parking.
The staff and service were outstanding. One morning our server at breakfast seemed a little crazy and confused but we didn't complain to anybody, but she waived the cost and apologized.

St. Charles, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

The best part of this hotel is the staff. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I was impressed how they remembered my name if I came to the front desk and were very willing to help with any request. We had arrived before check-in but had no problem having the bell-hop store our bags and get stuff out of them to go change in the locker rooms for our activities.

We had a king room on the fifth floor of the Wasatch building with a view of the valley. I thought it was a very nice room. I had received the two nights free from my hyatt membership so I can’t comment on the value. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a fireplace, microwave and refrigerator. The only things I did not like about the room was the lack of counter space in the bathroom, no full length mirror and you could hear stuff going on in the hall and outside the window five floors below.

The Escala has a shuttle that will drive you to the base of the Canyons if you ask, but we always walked the very short distance. The Canyons offers a free shuttle to Park City Main Street and the grocery store which was nice. During our stay it picked up hourly in front of the main entrance to the Escala.

I did not eat at the restaurant, but I did have the breakfast wrap from the café two days. It was really good and I thought fairly priced.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Escala with my girlfriend and was very impressed with the service, room, food & close proximity to the Canyons Ski Resort. We stayed in the Uinta Building and were literally 50 feet from the lift in the morning. We skied a foot of fresh pow and got to watch a skier/bordercross competition that was taking place.

They provided complimentary shuttle service to and from PC Main Street so we had all the benefits of a PC vacation but were able to get away from the crowds and enjoy some quiet time together back at the Hyatt Escala.

I highly recommend it as a family vacation spot or just a romantic get away. Definitely will be back next year!

Blue Bell, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed for one night while skiing the first day at Park City Mountain and the second day at the Canyons. My friend and I shared a room (not a BR with kitchen, but just a room that would be the 2nd BR when connecting with the 1BR suite next-door). It had a nice Bathroom, but small shower, two queen beds, flat screen tv, and gas fireplace. The room was nicely appointed, but I would expect that for over $400/night weekday. Everyone was very nice, especially the bell-hops who stored our bags while we were skiing the day we checked out. Resort fee includes underground self-parking or valet (I think also internet, but did not try to connect). It is a one block walk to theCanyons' village, so it is super convenient, and you won't be bothered by any village noise. On the other hand, it seemed to be missing some of the aura of a village location. The hot tub and swimming pool were great, but the changing area and showers (which we used after skiing), which also had a sauna and steam room, adjacent to the pool, were surprisingly tight quarters. The skiing was great, so we had a great time. The Canyons is my new favorites ski location. I would certainly like to stay at the Hyatt again, but certainly would NOT call it a "Must Stay" location. I will probably try the Waldorf Astoria at the Canyons, or the St Regis at Deer Valley on my next trip to Park City.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was my first time to Park City and it's a lovely town. We decided to stay at Hyatt Escala because the reviews weren't too bad and it seemed to be in a good spot.

The hotel is located on the Canyons side, so you are far from Main Street, but it is a short drive (10 min?). It advertises itself as ski-in-out but it's nearly impossible to easily get to or find that part of the run from Canyons...instead, we almost always ended up at the base of Canyons and had to walk a bit to get back to the front of the hotel.

The rooms were "eh". Nothing special at all. The furniture all was very Costco-ish (read: brown and with boring art) and impersonal. Our first room had a loud, humming noise and we had to be switched to another room. The second room was better, but nothing spectacular. Nice big tubs, no jets, basic toiletries (Hyatt brand). Everything was clean. The beds were the best part of the room...very nice, however, the top comforter wasn't soft and made a scratchy noise when you moved in bed. We just took it off nightly and used only the duvet.

Hyatt's staff was fine. The only ones who stood out to me were the valet guys -- all awesome and helpful. The front desk was filled with mediocre staff, who were sort of pleasant but not over-the-top. The restaurant was NEVER filled with people, which was odd and uninviting. Utah has some weird liquor laws, that's for sure. Get ready to always eat something if you want just one drink! There was a small deli type store in the lobby with sandwiches, bagels & coffee, but everything was overpriced. I did appreciate they had slightly healthy snacks (granola bars, fruit) if you are concerned about that kind of thing.

The pool -- nice, but the hot tubs were warm, not hot, and far away from the room if you're staying in the building near the ski valet. Take your pick, be near the ski valet or hot tub, but not both. There was no ambiance outside, no light music, nothing. There is a sauna and steam room near the pools in the restrooms, with lockers but no keys?!

It was overall fine, but just boring and not a retreat at all. I would definitely stay somewhere closer to Main St if I had to do it over again. If I was staying near Canyons, I'd splurge for the Waldorf since it has that awesome gondola that goes right to the base, and seems worth the cost. I'd also recommend to Hyatt they try and pump up the luxury a bit...add some mood music, teach the front desk to work a little harder at being ambassadors, maybe consider a nightly apres ski happy hour?? Something to make it special.

I wouldn't come back with so many other options....sorry, Hyatt.

Room Tip: Pick if you want to be near the ski valet, or hot tub. You can't have both.
Scottsdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

Beware of the pull out beds. We came for a long weekend and booked a 1 bedroom suite. My teenage boys have slept on many sofa beds. The pull out beds were shameful. When I complained they brought us an air mattress. The guys that set it up told me that people always complain about the pullout beds. At $900 a night this is not right.

In addition, we could hear the people in the next room having a normal conversation. The walls are that thin. Thank goodness for ear plugs.

Lastly, I was told we could have a 1 pm check out and possibly 2 pm. When I called the front desk our last morning it was back to 12 noon. They said that they had people coming inn. The Monday after a holiday weekend? Then they switched it back to 1 pm. I thought check in was 4 pm. I was suppose to receive a call back from the manager. I'm still waiting.

By the way, I can't remember the last time I complained about a hotel.

Just to say someting positive, the location is great and the service staff is wonderful

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!