“My first ski trip! Escala Hyatt” 4 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
Merritt Island, Florida
“My first ski trip! Escala Hyatt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My 14 year old son and I stayed at the Hyatt Escala just after New Years--and it was like a ghost town the first few days. The rooms are very nice, beds are very comfortable...we had a few issues there during our stay. Room was very dark, not enough lighting (even my 14 year old pointed this out, so it's not due to MY eyes!) Shower--water was never hot enough, and in order to turn shower on, you had to stand in upper right corner and wait for several minutes for water to become lukewarm--if you just turned the water on, the spray would come out of shower all over floor. Poor design!! Our built in DVD player was broken (A piece of black electrical tape covered opening) the staff was willing to provide us with a portable player, but after 30 minutes I called to tell them to cancel (at least they offered!)

We ate in the dining room once, for breakfast. For the two of us, it came close to $50 . We ordered two coffees, my son had 2 scrambled eggs and pancakes, I had a spanish omelet...It wasn't anything special... even for being at a resort, I found these prices absolutely absurd. So, the rest of our stay, we ate at the Westgate Deli for breakfast for under $10. There was also a Pizza Hut at the Deli, but one day they ran out of cheese so we ordered one from the Hyatt-- a medium, cheese with 2 drinks was $27 (again, nothing special)
Apparently they have evening 'smores by a fire, however, it was never advertised and I never saw anyone partake in this activity.
Upon arrival, I asked where I could sign up for lessons/ski rentals/lift tickets, and the girl at the front desk gave me a number to call. No one answered the phone when I called, so I wandered down to the Canyons and purchased everything there. I felt like I was on a scavenger hunt and had to discover everything on my own. Again, this was my first ski trip, so I was a little naive to how things work.
Overall, the resort was very nice...but in the future, I would look into staying at any one of the resorts affiliated with the Canyons. ;-)

Room Tip: I would have preferred to stay in the main lodge, but we were situated in a building adjacent to the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Escala for New Years and found the accommodations nicely appointed, conveniently located and if you are a skier, right on the Canyons Ski Run.

But most of all the staff made us feel like we special and were always there when we needed them. The restaurant was inviting, cozy and the food good... don't miss the S'more Dessert, you won't be able to eat just one!

The Hyatt Family staff at the Escala goes above and beyond to make you feel at home. If you are coming to Park City don't miss the chance to stay at this great properrty!

Happy New Year.

Dale Nelson

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

Hyatt Escala lodge was spectacular. From the valet to the housekeepers, the front desk to the restaurant everywhere I was greeted with smile and given great service. The suites were nicely decorated and well equipped. The gym had nice treadmills and lockers. Had many great meals in the EPC restaurant. Overall a fantastic trip. I hope to return soon !!

• Stayed December 2011
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Hyatt Escala - Thank you for constantly making my stay at your resort so perfect!! My friends, family and I spent the most fabulous New Years Eve/New Years Day there. Your proximity to Main Street is ideal yet we can still get back to the hotel for a little piece of heaven! Love the new restaurant and bar - fantastic way to start our New Years Eve celebrations!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

If you can get a good deal on this hotel it is definitely worth it to stay here. The resort is very lux and the service is top notch. This is a beuautiful resort and had the best gym and pool area I have ever seen outside of a spa. The locker rooms have both a sauna and steam room and the pool area has two large hot tubs. The gym equipment is high quality and there are plenty of units so you will not be waiting to use anything. There was not enough snow when we were there to ski in and out so we were shuttled to the mountain or we walked each day, it is a very short walk. They have a heated parking garage with valet parking included. I did not enjoy the restaurant, I found the food barely palatable and really expensive for the quality. There are better choices in the Canyons and Park City where you can get better meal. A regular room is not big enough for a family of four, I would recommend a suite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building for ease at ski-in/ski-out and ski check. If you want to be clo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Just returned from this hotel. It was nice. Very beautifully decorated and nice staff. The restaurant was newly open and yummy. We especially liked the smore cake! The gym and hot tubs were great too. We had a suite on the top floor and it was super spacious and perfect for our family of 7.

There were a few service issues. We often waited more than 30 minutes for requests to be filled (valet retrieval of cars, ice, and robes). The lodge was very convenient to the slopes, but this also meant that our sleep was disturbed by snowmaking machines that ran through the night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have been to this resort on business a few times. My last visit there I shared a 3 bedroom, two story townhouse with two of my business associates. Talk about over the top quality! First, let me start with the fact that all of the bedrooms were ensuite with patios. Beds are very comfortable, and the rest of the furnishings in the entire townhouse were top quality. We entertained here and the open floorplan was great for this. There was a gourmet chef's kitchen with a huge marble center table/countertop. Beyond this was a very large living room and dining room (all open floor plan). Two patios off the living room. Park City has some fantastic conference amenities, and it makes for a great site for a corporate retreat. First class and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!