“Hyatt does it again and again!” 5 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
Park City, Utah
“Hyatt does it again and again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Hyatt Escala - Thank you for constantly making my stay at your resort so perfect!! My friends, family and I spent the most fabulous New Years Eve/New Years Day there. Your proximity to Main Street is ideal yet we can still get back to the hotel for a little piece of heaven! Love the new restaurant and bar - fantastic way to start our New Years Eve celebrations!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

If you can get a good deal on this hotel it is definitely worth it to stay here. The resort is very lux and the service is top notch. This is a beuautiful resort and had the best gym and pool area I have ever seen outside of a spa. The locker rooms have both a sauna and steam room and the pool area has two large hot tubs. The gym equipment is high quality and there are plenty of units so you will not be waiting to use anything. There was not enough snow when we were there to ski in and out so we were shuttled to the mountain or we walked each day, it is a very short walk. They have a heated parking garage with valet parking included. I did not enjoy the restaurant, I found the food barely palatable and really expensive for the quality. There are better choices in the Canyons and Park City where you can get better meal. A regular room is not big enough for a family of four, I would recommend a suite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building for ease at ski-in/ski-out and ski check. If you want to be clo...
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Just returned from this hotel. It was nice. Very beautifully decorated and nice staff. The restaurant was newly open and yummy. We especially liked the smore cake! The gym and hot tubs were great too. We had a suite on the top floor and it was super spacious and perfect for our family of 7.

There were a few service issues. We often waited more than 30 minutes for requests to be filled (valet retrieval of cars, ice, and robes). The lodge was very convenient to the slopes, but this also meant that our sleep was disturbed by snowmaking machines that ran through the night.

Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have been to this resort on business a few times. My last visit there I shared a 3 bedroom, two story townhouse with two of my business associates. Talk about over the top quality! First, let me start with the fact that all of the bedrooms were ensuite with patios. Beds are very comfortable, and the rest of the furnishings in the entire townhouse were top quality. We entertained here and the open floorplan was great for this. There was a gourmet chef's kitchen with a huge marble center table/countertop. Beyond this was a very large living room and dining room (all open floor plan). Two patios off the living room. Park City has some fantastic conference amenities, and it makes for a great site for a corporate retreat. First class and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
aenoss88
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Hotel was very nice. Everything is up to date and clean.
The hotel restraunt is very nice, but the menu is not the greatest.
The snow conditions were not so good, so this location was not a ski in ski out, do to lack of snow.

sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I spent three nights at the Escala there in Park City. The staff treat you like gold. We were in the hot tub after a long day of skiing with our beers. Instead of barking at us for having glass in the tub, the staff ran over and made sure we had plastic cups so we could enjoy our time. They were so generous and accommodating it was incredible. I cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: We had a suite facing the mountain and it was beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Trenton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

If you are looking for holiday ambience, fire pits outside, warm holiday-esq lobby, concierge, and staff that know your name, DO NOT GO to the Hyatt! Go to the Waldorf. I must admit, the hyatt's suites are gorgeous and hugh but that is about it, I guess to most that is enough and it should be, but having stayed at the Waldorf last year at this same time period, I miss the warm ambience, the professional staff and holiday motif. Hyatt had no concierge, a cold lobby with staff that were nothing special aside from one bellman.No one told us where anything was or if there was anything going on at the hotel, we were left to fend for ourselves. At checkout, I had to wait while the desk person figured out how to shut off her ipod. You would never see that at the Waldorf. We went to the "opening night" at the restaurant and it was bland and I would have thought they would have some special opening night special, but nada. Plain and boring-oh and did I forget to say, they forgot to make up our room? We went to the Waldorf for dinner one night and they remembered us from last year! I guess I need to start saving my money for the Waldorf next year, it ain't cheap, but worth every penny, sorry Hyatt, you have alot to learn.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing if that is all you are looking for.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!