“Amazing Suite and Stay at Escala Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Ketchum, Idaho
“Amazing Suite and Stay at Escala Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

A group of girls decided to meet in Park City for a girls trip as we all live in different places across the country. Escala lodge couldn't have been more perfect for what we were looking for. Suite was beautiful with full kitchen, living room with fire place, 3 bathrooms with showers and plenty of room for a getaway with friends or families!!! The outdoor hot tub and pool was a amazing place to rest after a day of hiking and shopping with the ladies. We all can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed at the Hayatt Escala Lodge while on business in Salt Lake City. Previously we have stayed in SLC for convenience but fancied a changed and an escape from the heat. We couldn't be happier with the decision.
The whole experience was outstanding from the moment we arrived in the impressive courtyard/set down area. The staff are exceptionally attentive and friendly.
Our room was massive with plenty of space to accommodate a family if required. The bathroom was impressive to say the least and beautifully appointed.
The outdoor pool is most welcome after a hot day's work and the hot tub eases muscles if you manage an evening bike ride on the excellent trails.
We rented bikes and rode trails morning and evening before and after working. In terms of convenience, The commute into the city is no worse than I face at home on a daily basis. If you are on holiday you can't go wrong with all there is to do in Park City.
Food options are limited in the immediate vicinity (The Barn is outstanding if a little pricey)but with lively Park City a bus ride or short drive away there is everything you need within 15 minutes.
We got a 3 nights for 2 offer which made the stay excellent value. Would love to ski from there but doubt I could afford it.
I'd definitely put it top of the list for a trip back and rate it as one of the nicest places I've stayed.

• Stayed August 2011
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Great value for a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are amazing and the hotel deems brand new!!

• Stayed September 2011
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed in a two-bedroom suite (#141 Uinta Bldg) during the off-season in September 2011. It was a mother-daughter trip and we had a wonderful time. While the some of the grounds are still under construction (they are adding a restaurant to the property-opening Thanksgiving 2011), we did not notice it at all. There was absolutely no noise during our stay. We liked staying a few miles outside of Park City center and this was the perfect location. The Suite was incredible with top quality features (full kitchen, dining room, open concept living room and two masters each with their own en-suite bath). The service was top notch at check-in, bell service and valet. We will definitely be back for the ski season.

Room Tip: The suites are definitely worth their value
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

So, did we really need ten pillows on each bed? And no place to put them or the giant thick bedspread? The room had a kitchenette (microwave, fridge, dishes) but no place at all to sit and eat. One tiny desk with chair. Tiny. So if you cook something for two people, you can sit on the bed with the shiny pillows and eat it.

I stayed here in September when the place was almost empty. The front desk staff was young, and urged me to leave my keys in the car with my luggage while I checked in (this is Park City, what could happen, they said). I stayed using Hyatt loyalty points, and no upgrade was offered. The outdoor hot tub and swimming pool were full of dead and dying bees. The pool had many dead bees on the bottom-- I am allergic and luckily my daughter stopped me just before I got into the pool.

Fun stay, but the standard room design is odd. And there was construction going on. Early morning hammer pounding right below us. Still getting their act together.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Why should my review make a difference? I stay in Utah about 15 times a year for business, 2 times for pleasure. It is the BEST Hyatt out there. Soup to nuts... I have the most wonderful guest experience there. I work in the hotel/resort industry and know what the industry standards should be. This particular Hyatt Escala has all it's ducks in a row and surpasses any hotel/resort standards I've come across. From service to the finest accommodations, it's seriously bar-none! Thank you to the staff.. Valet, and to front desk manager-Jussi Santa (who always makes my stay a pleasure). I would drive to work for an hour each way just to stay there...

Room Tip: They have many different floor plans, ask about which one will suit you best.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here during the second week of December 2010. I have been meaning to write this review but have been so busy; out of site out of mind I suppose. Anyway, on to the review...

We arrived late night around midnight because our flight was delayed and the hotel had everything ready to go when we got there. The staff was very welcoming and very friendly. We were treated with our room key to an absolute massive apartment style complex. We had a massive kitchen with two full bathrooms, two fire places, wrap around balcony, king size bed, washer/dryer. I really fell in love with this place and with Utah during my stay! Although we spent most of our time out of the hotel during the day there was still plenty to do at night. They have a shuttle bus service that goes around the complex and into Park City all for free. There is a 7/11 down the road also if you need anything. The pool/hottub is open late so if you want to go for a late night dip go right ahead. This trip was mostly for relaxation and some skiiing. If you are looking for both then look no further because this is the hotel to go to. We will 100% be going back this winter!

Protip: This hotel favors those who have skiied before, if you are new I would NOT suggest going on any of the trails that this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City? Share your experiences!