“great guides” 4 of 5 stars

ct
6 attraction reviews
“great guides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

lots of good experience and scenery................pretty rivers,streams and mountain views

Visited April 2011

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
“Great time with my 9 year old”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

It was so cold, but Aaron, our guide, was prepared with hot soup for little Sean. We froze our butts off, but we had an excellent time and caught tons of trout. I disagree with a previous poster about the attitude of the staff. We are newbies at fly fishing, and the staff made us feel more than comfortable. The trip wasn't cheap, but it's a day I and my son will remember for a long time.

Visited February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“very good guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Big group with 3 guides this summer. We caught a ton of trout and had a perfect day. First rate operation!

Visited July 2011
Chicago/LA
3 attraction reviews
“Everything you need, and need to know is here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I moved to Park City, UT this May. I decided I would become a fly fisherman and called around to a few shops. The first shop I called told me the cheapest outfit (That is, a Rod, Reel and Line) would be around $650!!! OUCH! The second shop tried to sell me a $400 day trip, even though I had never wet a line before!

The third shop, Trout Bum II, was just right. They got me into a good starter combo that didn't break the bank, but was much better than something I expected for the price. They spent around 2 hours showing me everything in the shop and placing it into categories: Nice to have, Must have, Only if you are rich. They then spent time showing me knots, teaching me technique, pointing out a good spot on Google Maps and picking out some flies.

I can't stress enough the level of personal service I have received from these guys over the last few months. They have basically taught me almost everything I know about fishing.

There are usually no more than two people working the shop, and they are ALL GUIDES. This isn't a place where you could walk in and get a job selling gear. If it is busy in the shop, you may not get an immediate hello if they are helping a customer, but if you wait a moment they will spend as much time as you need helping you. I have been there for an hour and bough 2 TWO flies! :)

Can't say enough!

Visited August 2011
Park City, Utah, United States
3 attraction reviews
“wanna catch a trout on a fly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

they have it all, from guides to all the gear ready to go any time of the year. very cool shop!

Visited December 2011