“THE funnest thing we did in park city!” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Henderson, Nevada
147 attraction reviews
“THE funnest thing we did in park city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

we arranged a half day fly fishing trip for the whole family to kind of break up a ski vacation to park city, and it ended up taking the cake. my wife was pregnant in the 2nd trimester and the kids are 8 and 9--so pretty much anyone can go on this trip and have fun! justin, the owner and guide, could not have been more friendly, professional, or enthusiastic. he really got everyone excited and really taught you how to catch fish. he brought along a second guide, clarence, to help us out because we had young kids and he was great as well.

they picked us up from our hotel and a quick 15 minute drive had us out by the provo river in the mountains. they supplied all the fishing equipment, waders, and boots. after an absolutely beautiful 10 minute hike (including a fun river crossing) we settled in at a gorgeous spot and started fly fishing. this is something that takes a few minutes to learn and a lifetime to master. they were great about teaching and went into detail answering all the questions we had. i was fascinated with the different baits they used--and i was sure glad they were there to set it all up and detangle our lines whenever that happened. it just took out all the frustrating parts of fishing and allowed us to just enjoy the experience 100%. all of us got in the river--even my wife for a little while! it was so fun--it was zen-like tranquility and beauty punctuated by moments of excitement and delight when the fish hooked. we caught 3 brown trout and my 9 year old snagged a big rainbow trout by herself. everyone was totally stoked.

time flies when you're having fun because our day went by in the blink of an eye. we would've stayed out there until bedtime. cast, mend, set! awesome!

at this point we pretty much rate attractions according to what the kids like best. we went skiing, boarding, sleigh riding, dog sledding, etc. when i asked them what the funnest thing we did was on the trip, they yell "FLY FISHING!!" i couldn't agree more. SIX stars.

Visited March 2011

Adelaide
13 attraction reviews
“Great day out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We had a great day out with these guys. Friendly, helpful, good gear provided, and they know the good fishing spots. We had never fly-fished before but they are great teachers and we were casting and drifting really well in about 20mins. We fished for about 5hrs and caught 8 Trout! We released them all but if you want to take 1 or 2 for eating, have a chat with the guys first to work out those details as mainly fishing in this river seems to be for sport purposes.
Justin who organises the days couldn't make it (and was genuinely disappointed, these guys LOVE to fish) so Gilbert and Clarence were our guides and they were the nicest most helpful guys you could possibly meet.
We went in late winter/early spring, the water was about 2-3 degrees celcius. Wear warm pants (i wore 2 pairs) and wear maybe 3-4 pairs of thick socks so your toes don't go too numb (i wore 2 thick warm socks and my feet were very cold). Their waders keep your body quite warm and perfectly dry but the feet are less protected.

It really was a great fun day if you like fishing!

Visited March 2011
Bloomington, IN
“Awesome Day Fishing with Justin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I had a wonderful day fly fishing with Justin on the Logan River. He took me to 4 different spots to be sure I had the best opportunity to catch fish--which I did! Even though I lost lots of his flies, he never complained but simply handed me the spare rod while he tied on another fly. Justin is a competent, energetic and pleasant young gentlemen. I highly recommend fishing with him.

Mokena, Illinois
“Get busy living or get busy .....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Tired of being a corporate tool? Working 60 hour weeks with no idea what the rest of the world is doing? Lost the meaning to life? Brother do I have the solution for you. Justin and his gang at Utah Pro Fly Fishing not only have one of the greatest day jobs you could ever wish for, they LOVE to share that passion with their clients. Every time I have been on the water with them has been an absolute blast and as unique as the seasons on the year in Utah. Where else can you find so much unspoiled beauty to surround yourself with as you completely forget about all the trivial baggage you normally busy yourself with. Justin is truly the best guide and person you are going to find. He will set you up with everything you need and no matter your skill level you are going to learn some new things and have a great and successful adventure, He can read people even better than he can read the water and will motivate, educate, and "guide" you along your way in a patient and friendly manner. I highly recommend that you look them up for a guaranteed good time. Can't wait till my next trip bros. Fish on.

Osceola, Indiana
28 attraction reviews
“Great fishing. Fun time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

This was the second of two guided fishing trips I took while visiting Park City and this was by far the better fishing experience. Once I got a hang of what I was supposed to be doing, with Justin's patient tutoring, I had several fish on and actually landed a majority of them including a beautiful 17-inch Brownie. But the one that got away...oh my! But what's a fishing trip without a story about the one that got away?
I enjoyed getting off the beaten path to a stretch of beautiful water that wasn't fished heavily and held some nice fish. Want to learn about stream entomology and nymph selection? Want to get put onto some nice fish? Justin is your guy.