From the moment I arrived, I knew I was in a first class resort hotel. The concierge, valet and bellman did just what you would expect from a top notch establishment. The phone replaced the ice machine and in-room coffee maker. Well drinks were fourteen-fifty at the bar and everyone including the housekeepers refers to you by name. They all tried their best to make you feel special. It was like being in New York only in a much prettier setting.
The only bump was the banquet service at the wedding dinner (a function for which my niece paid $60k just for flowers). Basic rules such as "serve from the left and clear from the right" were ignored. Worse, since butter knives were not provided, our server placed our soiled dinner knives back on the table instead of replacing them. That works in a bowling alley coffee shop, but not in a 5 star resort. I expected a fully trained staff for such an event but in retrospect, since everything else during our weekend stay was so well done, I really can't complain.
Everyone in our party enjoyed their stay and I would say that overall, it was well worth the greatly reduced autumn room rates. The Montage is a great place to "do the colors" in October.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah