“Simply Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Simply Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

As you pull up to the resort, you are immediately met by the valet and bell hop who assist with you luggage and escort you into the resort. We are briefly at the check in counter and was then escorted to our "room" 2 bedroom residence to complete the check in process. Everything about the room is top notch, no detail has been overlooked.

As we were there celebrating my birthday it was a nice touch to be greeted in the room with chocolate covered strawberries and a happy birthday message in chocolate. It is small touches like these that make a resort truly a 5 star experience and will drive repeat business.

My main criteria in judging a hotel room always falls to the bed and shower. The bed was uber comfy with a super plush pillowtop mattress and super high thread count linens. The shower in the master suite was amazing you had the choice of a rain shower or standard shower head as well as the option of using the steam shower functionality.

The staff at this hotel are a special asset of the resort, there was a not single person we passed who did not stop and say hi. This can make or break a hotel stay and the staff delivered on this point spot on!

The resort runs a complimentary shuttle into park city, which is quick and efficient. This is nice as finding parking in Park City can be problematic at times.

My only complaint was that a couple of times we wanted to go down to the pub, but it was closed to private events from several conventions the resort had on site. The pub already runs on limited hours, which does not afford the non convention guests an opportunity to make use of the amenities in the pub "Bowling" It would be nice if the resort also offered a small shop which sold sundries like cookies and chips.

The resort offers valet parking which I felt was a bit over priced at $ 28.00 per day. The resort is also home to a couple of Bernese mountain dogs who serve as canine ambassadors. They were super cute!

We would definitely stay here again, the next we come to Utah!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Wow wow wow! Gorgeous resort. Wonderfully attentive staff. Little touches push it over the top!
When we pulled up, the same gentleman that greeted us also checked us in, walked us to and showed us around our upgraded valley view room. This made us feel special and the process seamless. As soon as he walked out the door, my daughter and I started squealing with delight as we ran around the room examining all that we had just been shown. A huge shower with rainbow head, a deeeeep soaking tub with bath salts, pillow, bathroom speakers for music, robes, and a loufa on a stick. Large bottles of toiletries (1 weeks worth, not a nights!). The auto light fireplace with comfy tub chairs in front. A big walk-in closet with safe. A large sliding door that lead to a stunning view down to the valley. Directly below us a well manicured lawn with paths & flowers. There is a switch next to the bed for "day lighting", "evening lighting" and "all lights off". A doorbell that you can turn red & green as desired. My husband mentioned when our luggage was delivered that it was my birthday. After dinner, when we came back to our turned down room with soft music & lighting there was a beautiful plate of chocolate covered strawberries and Happy Birthday written on it. We received at least four welcome & birthday cards from the staff. We had a fun dinner at Daly's playing games and watching the big screen tv's. We picked up breakfast from Buzz each morning. Great bagels & pastries. For my birthday dinner we dined at Apex. Much more relaxed atmosphere than expected and a delicious meal. We hiked, swam in the pool, played corn hole, took the archery class and used their car service to get to town for the arts festival. Amazing, elegant and relaxed hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was born and raised in Utah, and have just recently relocated to the midwest. It may be the best thing that ever happened to me because now I get to stay at the Montage when I visit my friends and family!
From the moment you pull up, Montage delivers. Your nestled between stunning mountain views, and in the snowy temperature you're greeted with the warmth of the staff, who seem to swoop in, check you in and get you into your room in perfect, seamless routine. Rooms feel like your own tucked away cozy cabin with fully equipped kitchen, top of the line appliances, a fireplace, heated floors in the bathrooms.
From there until we left, our feet never touched the ground, we were in mountain heaven! I had my friends come in for a wonderful dinner after a day of skiing. Bottles of wine, delicious sushi, and our friend suggested a dish which consisted of kobe tenderloin, thinly sliced, that we cooked over a hot stone that was placed in the middle of our table...unbelievable.
I had a spa day, and chose the elevation massage, which was a relaxing bath with massage. The room has big open windows and the view is breathtaking, nothing but mountains and blue sky. Incredible.
I could keep going, I have not one con to report. Montage turned me into a hotel snob, i have never stayed anywhere like it, luxury and comfort perfectly blended. Will be back every year for christmas!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Company retreats at the Montage is a MUST! As the Marketing Director for my company, we get to plan retreats a few times a year. Working with the staff at the Montage Deer Valley was like having my personal travel planner. They took care of everything and made our event spectacular! Once I was there knowing all the details were taken care of, I could focus on our customers and flow of our event. Our customers were raving about how wonderful the venue, food, spa, room and staff were to each guest. Thank you Montage Deer Valley for a top notch execution!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

There are plenty of reviews already about the Montage in Deer Valley which highlight the amenities of the resort. I have to agree with each of them. Outstanding location, decor, cleanliness etc. However, from a customer service point of few, the staff is the epitome of excellence. Professional, dignified and personalized, the staff at the Montage Deer Valley are the best I have ever experienced. Multiple times I was simply shocked at the level of efficiency they performed with.

When I die, forget heaven, I want to go to the Montage Deer Valley!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I travel 250 days a year and this is one of the nicer places I've ever stayed.

The staff is exceptional (almost over the top), the rooms are impeccably decorated, and the views are stunning. Sitting at 8,600 feet you're at the top of the world here. We (my wife and I) stayed in a "mid-tier" view room (#362), with incredible views of the valley, and our room included perhaps the most comfortable king bed we've slept in - with about a 3" thick pillow-top mattress, first-rate bedding, and exceptional pillows. The room included a very cozy fireplace, dimmable lamps everywhere, a walk-in closet (really), a bath to die for with two shower heads (rain shower or pressure head), two sinks with plenty of room for two, a soaking tub, a balcony with table and chairs and an entry area coming into the unit with fridge and snacks.

It's not a cheap place to stay, but well worth the price. If you want to impress someone or have the romantic weekend of a lifetime, this is the place to come and stay.

Things to take note of:
- When you arrive you are greeted at your car, then the bellman will help with luggage, then once inside you're greeted by a concierge who tells you about the resort, then will take you to your room after getting keys at the front desk. Have lots of tip money handy! But service is worth it. Bottled waters are free for the asking - another nice perk.

- Parking is valet only. The hotel does offer a free shuttle to Park City's downtown (Main Street) village area, which is nice since parking there can be a real hassle.

- You're at 8,600 feet so if you do any hiking around the area, drink lots of water! It takes a while to get used to the elevation.

- There is no coffee maker or teapot in the room.

- Internet service is free (wireless or wired) and they have thought of the little things: Like having an outlet available bedside to plug in a phone or iPad, two outlets at the desk, and having a normal-sized bar of soap (what a treat) in the shower.

- They do have a shoe shine and laundry service as well.

- When you come into the hotel you come in on the 5th floor. We went down to our room on the third floor, which still had exceptional views.

Bottom line: Absolutely a five-star place to stay. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: You want a room overlooking the valley. A "straight on" view really isn't necessary.