I travel 250 days a year and this is one of the nicer places I've ever stayed.
The staff is exceptional (almost over the top), the rooms are impeccably decorated, and the views are stunning. Sitting at 8,600 feet you're at the top of the world here. We (my wife and I) stayed in a "mid-tier" view room (#362), with incredible views of the valley, and our room included perhaps the most comfortable king bed we've slept in - with about a 3" thick pillow-top mattress, first-rate bedding, and exceptional pillows. The room included a very cozy fireplace, dimmable lamps everywhere, a walk-in closet (really), a bath to die for with two shower heads (rain shower or pressure head), two sinks with plenty of room for two, a soaking tub, a balcony with table and chairs and an entry area coming into the unit with fridge and snacks.
It's not a cheap place to stay, but well worth the price. If you want to impress someone or have the romantic weekend of a lifetime, this is the place to come and stay.
Things to take note of:
- When you arrive you are greeted at your car, then the bellman will help with luggage, then once inside you're greeted by a concierge who tells you about the resort, then will take you to your room after getting keys at the front desk. Have lots of tip money handy! But service is worth it. Bottled waters are free for the asking - another nice perk.
- Parking is valet only. The hotel does offer a free shuttle to Park City's downtown (Main Street) village area, which is nice since parking there can be a real hassle.
- You're at 8,600 feet so if you do any hiking around the area, drink lots of water! It takes a while to get used to the elevation.
- There is no coffee maker or teapot in the room.
- Internet service is free (wireless or wired) and they have thought of the little things: Like having an outlet available bedside to plug in a phone or iPad, two outlets at the desk, and having a normal-sized bar of soap (what a treat) in the shower.
- They do have a shoe shine and laundry service as well.
- When you come into the hotel you come in on the 5th floor. We went down to our room on the third floor, which still had exceptional views.
Bottom line: Absolutely a five-star place to stay. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah