“Devil in details I will not come back.” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9100 Marsac Avenue, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #1 of 59 hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“Devil in details I will not come back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I like that hotel it's real 5* and I believe it will get this year 5 diamonds , it's very good hotel, but I will not come back.

Ok Montage vs Ritz Carlton bachelor gulch.
1.montage More expensive 1080$ vs 680$
2. Yes they did for free marshmallows but just one hour in montage 3 hours in RC bg and Ritz have live music outdoor.
3. Montage much more bigger and you need 10 min walk from room (710) to breakfast .
4. Breakfast in RC much better because Spago it's superb restaurant Apex not .
5. It's 3 valley near but you can not by one ticket because it 3 separate company : deer valley, park city valley, canyons valley and its not free transportation from Montage to canyons you need order taxi it's not convenient .
6. Transfer You need to wait for transfer to the city 10-20 min.
7. Spa is ok but in RC treatment specialist have more experience in montage working locals it's ok but not perfect.
8. It's hard to order beverages in pool area because staff is not pay attention you need wait more then 15 min???

401 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having stayed at the Montage property at Laguna Beach, our expectations were high. And we were not disappointed. Many other so-called luxury properties only feign what the Montage resorts do flawlessly.

A professional group I belong to held it's March meeting at the property. The Montage definitely made it feel like it was far more "play" than "work." Check-in was quick and efficient and our bags were delivered to our room promptly. It was a long flight and although the drive from SLC only took about 35 minutes to get to Park City and another 10 to wind up the mountain valley to the Montage, we were tired and wanted to get settled quickly. This was effectively accomplished.

The room was sumptuously appointed, better than our home I think. The gas fireplace that is turned on by the flip of a switch was a welcome comfort in the alpine setting. The bathroom was on the other side of the entry foyer of the room and included a shower and a separate bath. The bed was extremely comfortable but maybe a bit softer than I prefer. The view was not exceptional (looked out over the entrance to the hotel and the ski slope across the way) but I think the best views are reserved for the condos you can buy at the hotel. I believe the least expensive condo starts at $1,350,000 - out of the question for us - so just staying there is a sufficient taste of what the uber-rich enjoy. Plus, the rest of the hotel has views throughout so although not enjoyed from our room, the hotel delivers on breathtaking vistas.

Speaking of vistas, most people go to this resort to ski. And I must say, it is the most pampered ski experience that I have ever enjoyed. You can buy your lift tickets where you rent and put your equipment on in the hotel. (Lift tickets are $104/day/person, $17 less for a half day but you can only buy half day tickets after 12:15.) They keep your boots in a locker and heat them up for you before they assist you in putting them on. Then you walk outside the door and the ski valet lays your skis down for you to step into and off you go about 50 yards to the lifts. The walk from the room to the ski locker room is only a short, two-minute walk. Conveniently, the resort is right at the base of part of the Deer Valley Mountain ski complex with three lifts very close that give you easy access to the rest of Deer Valley's lifts. Cautionary tale: read the trail map before you get on the lifts. We didn't, assuming all of the lifts had "green" trails for my novice wife. Well, the Empire Express has only intimidating blues and blacks. For beginners and intermediates, it's best to ski down to Lady Morgan or over to Ruby Express which is right next to Empire Express.

Upon skiing back to the hotel, yes the valet is there again to take your skis for you and when you go inside, assistance is offered to remove your boots. Then, they bring you hot cider and a cookie. By the way, we rented equipment from the resort and although expensive, it was one of the most comfortable and quick fitting experiences I've ever had.

Speaking of expensive, everything here is expensive - you're going to spend a lot of money here from the rooms, to the food, to the skiing, to the spa. Definitely a "splurge" experience for us. We even did the sleigh ride dinner that starts from the base of Park City.

Other "pampering" includes, at the end of a ski day, complimentary s'mores. Well, one day, we happened to miss the s'mores by a few minutes. One of the staff overheard our conversation and offered to go to the kitchen and get us a couple. She did and we sat outside and toasted our marshmallows and constructed our s'mores over an open flame while looking out over the mountain. Perfect. And it is worth noting that there seemed to be a staff member at every corner of the resort that seemed to be sincerely interested in helping us with anything we wanted. Felt like we were in a mansion with a complete personal staff.

We rented a vehicle to get to Deer Valley but I'm not so sure that taking one of the shuttle services from the airport wouldn't be a better idea. We didn't use the Ford Explorer the entire time we were there. By the way, the strategy for renting at SLC is to reserve something inexpensive. Unless there is a major snow event when you land, they usually will upgrade you for only $10 more per day for a 4X4 vehicle that is usually 3 or 4 times as high as a regular car if you reserve it ahead of time. But if you do have a car, a trip down the mountain, only 10 minutes away to Park City, is good to do for shopping and dining. We felt no need to go outside of the resort except for the sleigh ride and we went by bus with the other people in our group.

We ate breakfast daily in our morning meeting. Very good. "Gained 5 pounds while I was there" good. All of the food at the resort was top-notch and I/we had no complaints whatsoever.

Almost forgot: the spa. Yes, my wife and I did the one hour massage (about $200/person including gratuity) and it was heavenly. I'm not much of a spa guy but the entire spa complex was impressive. And the staff was very professional and efficient. I'm not a patient person: when I relax, I want it done promptly. Which, I guess, is why I need to relax more often.

There is no question my wife and I would like to return to the Montage Deer Valley. Whether we can afford to is another question. I investigated taking our three daughters back for Christmas week this year. After looking at the price for the five of us, I told my wife "well, honey, it looks like if one of our girls can forgo a year of college, we can go to Deer Valley for Christmas!" High season at the resort is beyond our reach.

Perched at the highest point in the valley surrounded by homes "from $5.6 million to $44 million with heated driveways," the Montage is definitely suspended in rarefied air, but worth the splurge of an occasional visit. For those like us who would rather spend 4 days at a resort like this rather than a week at a lesser psuedo-luxury location, the Montage makes our case. A visit to a Montage property should be on everyone's bucket list.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at Montage in Deer Valley over President's Weekend and the hotel more than lived up to our expectations. Being from Southern California, we stay at their incredible Laguna Beach property several times a year, and we were hopeful that the Deer Valley Montage would be just as wonderful and we were not disappointed. As a family with two young children, we are always impressed with the level of service at Montage hotels. In Deer Valley, this included an incredibly helpful ski staff who arranged for rental equipment and greeted you and took care of everything from the moment you arrived in the morning ready to ski to the moment you returned from the slopes. And the shuttle service was always available to take you into town or anywhere else you needed to go. One other note: The bowling alley and game room next to the pub downstairs is sheer brilliance for families. Overall: Without question the best place to stay in all of the Deer Valley/Park City area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I have traveled all over the world and The Montage Deer Valley provided the ideal vacation destination. I truly believe its the nicest place we have ever been and that says a lot! I have no method or madness or for that matter the time to do this, but for anybody even considering The Montage, you have made the right choice. Plain and simple....it dont get any better than this. The hotel was amazing for the children and very kid friendly. Every staff member was trained profesionally to make sure every detail was over and above our expectations. The physical location is by far the best at Deer Valley with respect to skiing, and the location also was close to Main street in Park City and provided excellent free shuttle to and from and was done in minutes with really no waiting. Impressive operation and we will recommend this destination specifically The Montage to all our friends and family. We are "customers for life".

Lake Lotawana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

After spending our Spring Break at the Montage on Deer Valley, I can't imagine taking another ski vacation anywhere else. The Montage staff went above our expectations to make sure our vacation was perfect. My kids were excited each morning as Carlota helped them put on their warm boots in the ski shop, and then we walked right out the door to our skis and the lifts. Kristin knew just the right drink to recommend to this mom as I relaxed by the fire after a long day. (Be sure to try the Kentucky Buck, it did wonders for my followed-the-kids-through-the-tree-trails-all-day-legs). My kids were busy building the perfect s'mores at the daily s'mores buffet, and then we enjoyed an evening of fun at Daly's pub including bowling. After our second day of skiing, I was worried that my cranky kids might not make it through dinner. Instead we called room service. Paul was especially helpful modifying a meal to their liking. Luckily it came before their tired bodies melted into their bed for the night. Once the kids were taken care of, the adults enjoyed the mountain views and delicious sushi rolls at Yama. Day three on the mountain ended a little early which gave us time to fully enjoy both the indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs. There is nothing better than looking at snow covered mountains from the hot tub. The goal of my trip was to spend time with my family, so I wasn't planning on sending my kids to PaintBox (the childcare), but they happened upon the room while we were downstairs. As soon as they walked in, the Paintbox girls included them in the activity. My children begged me to stay. We ended up signing them up for the next afternoon with Hannah, and they haven't stopped talking about her since. My children loved the fancy robes, wearing slippers to the pool, having every game on the wii in the game room, eating chocolate truffles before bed, and skiing through each and every tree on Deer Valley Mountain; but the one thing they loved the most was playing "dragons" with Hannah in Paintbox. They made me promise when we go back they get to go to Paintbox for a whole day. If you are looking for the perfect place for a family vacation, I highly recommend the Montage.

Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This review is specific to family vacations. This was our third stay and each time was amazing but we brought our four children for the third visit and were blown away by how kid-friendly the hotel is. It seemed expensive at first, but our kids were treated to a first class experience in the Paintbox...the childcare was great and planned activities, tubing, photos, lunch...the list goes on. I personally think the rest of the staff will jump through hoops to make our stay more comfortable. We stayed in a suite and comfortably fit everyone with a roll-away bed. The hotel has s'mores and hot chocolate (with professional photographer for special memories) every afternoon and the pool area is terrific. Daly's has good food and an arcade, bowling and more...
If you are looking for a first-class ski/spa hotel with excellent child amenities, the Montage is where you should go.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ft Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is truly a remarkable place, probably the nicest hotel I've been in, and surely the best ski vacation ever. The experience starts weeks before your trip, when you are contacted by a concierge who helps you plan your trip, arrange for lessons, and makes sure you have transportation from SLC airport. We were greeted by a driver in a luxury SUV who had us at the Montage in 45 minutes.

When you enter, you'll be impressed by every little detail in the resort. A full service spa with indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, steam rooms and sauna, which you can enjoy for no charge. A beautiful game room and bar, with pool tables and a full size bowling alley, to keep your family occupied when not on the slopes. The ski shop located in the hotel has brand new, spec equipment, and they heat your boots overnight and help you put them on and take them off each day. Being greeted with warm cider and a fresh baked cookie when getting off the slopes is a nice touch.

The rooms themselves are immaculate, with luxury bed linens, beautiful artwork, and every little detail taken care of. During turn-down service we were left small boxes of amazing truffles, a different flavor each day, made by one of the country's most celebrated pastry chefs. Dining in Apex is superb, but if you want to hit Park City's amazing restaurants the Montage staff will happily drive you the 15 minutes to Main Street Park City, and pick you up whenever you call them. Every person we met at the resort was cheerful, helpful, and obviously enjoyed their job. I hated to leave the place, and am going to have a tough time skiing anywhere but Deer Valley from now on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Montage Deer Valley? Share your experiences!