I arrived here with my husband and 2 children for a 3-night ski vacation. This is a lovely hotel that attracts well-traveled families during the peak season. To sum it up:
- Extremely friendly and unusually attentive staff
- Fantastic ski valet service
- Beautiful spa and fitness
- Nicely appointed lobby, comfy rooms with lovely views, large bathrooms
- Very family-friendly feel...kids were very happy
- Heated outdoor pool; indoor pool also available for kids at certain times
- Healthy options available at breakfast buffet
- Easy check-in and check-out
Things to know:
- Rather poor information systems (I’ll describe later)
- Staff not well coordinated on information (will also describe later)
- Limited onsite dining options (only two primary restaurants and tiny coffee shop)
- Room windows do not open; not all rooms have balconies
As stated earlier, the IS for this hotel may have some coding errors that need to be remedied. We had booked our stay on the Montage website and were quoted a rate of roughly $600 a night for a room with two queens. I received a confirmation email a few days later from a hotel staff member which confirmed our visit, but did not publish the rate. Upon arriving, we were told that our rate was now $900 per night! I tried to double-check my confirmation and realized that the rate was not published in the email and, therefore, had no real way of verifying. We accepted the higher rate because my husband and I are generally non-complainers. But, I will certainly make a screenshot of the web confirmation page in the future.
We had a made a dinner reservation that night through the concierge with the hotel at Apex (their onsite restaurant). The hotel staff had our dinner reservation for our arrival night, but Apex staff had it for the day after…a little strange that the hotel and restaurant would not have the same info.
In addition, we experienced a similar lack of information consistency between the hotel staff and the staff at the onsite ski equipment shop regarding shuttle timings and other ski-related info.
We also booked dinner at nearby Fireside restaurant through the hotel concierge. The hotel staff member suggested that we book the sleigh ride at Fireside, and that the sleigh would pick us up at the hotel and take us to the restaurant. My family does not usually have much of an interest in sleigh rides, but since we viewed it as a means of transportation and we were in the midst of the Christmas holidays, we booked the sleigh ride. When we checked with the concierge desk to confirm the reservation and sleigh ride pick-up, we were told that the sleigh does not pick up guests from the hotel and that we would have to trudge through the snow to get to the restaurant. Luckily, another staff member overheard and told us the hotel offered a driver service for quick trips around the area and gave us the ride. As for the actual sleigh ride, I would not recommend this. We thought it would be a charming holiday ride through a forest, but it was more the equivalent of doing wheelies in a parking lot...a little monotonous and waste of time.
Despite the frequent slips of information handling, we had a great time at the Montage and will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah