“I rated it a 5 because you don't have a 6” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9100 Marsac Avenue, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #1 of 59 hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“I rated it a 5 because you don't have a 6”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I am a 20 year hospitality professional, This resort is as close to perfect as I have ever encountered in a mountain resort. From the facility to the food to the service, I have not found a single thing that is less than perfect. Great job by this brand and the leadership of this fine hotel.

• Stayed November 2012

407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel just before Thanksgiving for 3 days, and it was truly a special place. Just when you start to take good service for granted, this place makes you truly feel appreciated and understand what REAL service is about. The resort is impressive upon arrival. It’s beautiful, but you could tell that from the photos. What you don’t see in the photos is exactly how clean and organized everything is. The driveway, the lobby, the hallway, the rooms, everything is perfectly set. From the moment they open the front doors and greet you by name to the front desk awaiting your arrival, you feel as though you are their prize guest.
The rooms: In one word, immaculate. Unless you have a presidential suite, they are small enough to be considered cozy, but that’s good considering how cold it gets. That said, you never feel cramped with walk in closets, showers, and big bathroom. Did I mention there is a gas fireplace in the room? The bathroom and fixtures are straight out of a Kohler design catalogue, and the little things are provided. Q-tips, makeup cleansers, mouthwash, and bar of soap so luxurious and bubbly I actually brought it home for my wife. I could care less about bars of soap, I use tons of them as I travel, but this was memorable. Speaking of memorable, the chocolates they leave bedside every night are delish. These aren’t Andes mints, they are gourmet delicatessens on a level with Ghirardelli or Lindt’s best. The linens are clearly a high thread count and the room is made up discreetly twice a day. See a trend here? It’s top notch.
The resort and spa: Therapeutic. The indoor spa and pool are fantastic, large and comforting. The outdoor spas and pool are heated, so the snowstorm that was going on while I was there was not an issue, and made the outdoor Jacuzzi and pool that much more enjoyable as the snowflake fell.
Service: Excellent. No request you have is too much. To illustrate, they carry Coke products at this resort, but a colleague wanted a Pepsi. The answer was not I’m sorry, but rather, it will take a minute and we can get it. Sure enough after a trip to the local 7-11 (or wherever), they had it. I asked for a Fiji water despite their being generic water in the gym area, sure enough they made it happen a minute or two later. 5 star service.
Overall: It may be pricy during ski season, but it’s truly a top notch resort that ski side. That’s hard to beat. In off season, you can enjoy a beautiful room and resort for much less. Final word, I am trying to find excuses to come back. Enough said.

Room Tip: A humidifier helps if your sensitive to dry mountain air. They will get you one.
salt lake city, ut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I don't normally complain about hotels, but there was one big "Ewww!" that really colored my stay. After wearing the bathrobe, I slipped my hand into the pocket and found a key card for the room. It wasn't mine and it wasn't my husband's, because we both had them. Obviously, it was left over from a previous guest. It was still in the cardboard sleeve with our room number on it, so it hadn't accidentally been through the wash. The only conclusion I could reach was that I had been wearing an unlaundered robe that a previous guest had worn! This really shocked me, since the housekeeping otherwise was very good.

The staff were okay, but not as accommodating as at other 5-star resorts (notably Stein Ericksen at its best). The accommodations were fine, but the all-beige color scheme was extremely boring and some of the materials (such as the fake-wood composite siding) looked like they would be more at home in a high-end trailer park.

The layout of the hotel is very confusing, and when we asked for a map, the staff said they used to give them out, but they only confused the guests, so they stopped. What?!? They must have been very poorly designed maps to be even more confusing than the beige-beige-beige halls that offered no landmarks. It would have been extremely helpful to have a "You Are Here" sign at the elevators and elsewhere in the labyrinthine halls where it was so easy to get lost.

My husband's company has an annual retreat to Deer Valley, and next year I'm lobbying for a return to Stein Ericksen.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MontageDeerValleyUT, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Barbizondamazon,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your most recent visit to Montage Deer Valley. While we are pleased that you enjoyed the accommodations and the food in Apex, our apologies for the experiences you had that necessitated such a review.

Rest assured that all of our laundry including bathrobes are removed and cleaned after each guest departs. We do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to Montage Deer Valley in the near future.

Please feel free to call me personally at your convenience so that we can assure all of your concerns have been addressed. My direct phone number (435) 604-1321.

David Mars
Resort Manager
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our 2nd trip to the Montage Deer Valley, Utah with our pups and we loved it! Our spacious suite had mountain views and we were comforted with plush robes, slippers, bedding, towels and a turndown service to include the finest of chocolates. A must is the 'smores' offering where you can roast your marshmallows at fireside and dogs are welcome to join you. Sumptuous bedding is provided for your dogs along with food and water dishes and a copy of FIDO Friendly magazine. A beautiful orchid adorned the workstation as well as the mantle in the living room and if you tune the TV to music in the bedroom, with a flip of a switch, the music is in your bathroom, which was fabulous while taking a bath in the deep soaker tub. Our suite included two fireplaces and the heat they gave off was incredible. There are many areas of the property where Fido is allowed, just stay clear of restaurant areas and meander out back to the hiking trails. You can dine al fresco and dogs are welcome to join you. Our first trip was in June and the November trip was special as snow was fresh from the previous weekend. Don't miss meeting the resident Bernese Mountain Dogs, Monty and Jonas. If I only had one choice for a fabulous destination, the Montage at Deer Valley would be it.

Room Tip: Ask about pet policy and fees.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I went to Montage Deer Valley to celebrate his birthday in October (shoulder season). We got a great deal that was offered through their website and when we got to the property we were blown away by the beauty of the surroundings and the property itself, the spaciousness of the room, the uber comfy bed, the quality of the amenities (both in the room and on property (the Spa rocks!!!)) and the service. From valet to housekeeping and all positions in between, the staff was very friendly, professional and upbeat, and best of all, genuine about it! The vibe of Montage Deer Valley is laidback luxury which balanced well with the rustic chic, somewhat but not too pretentious vibe of Park City.

We will definitely, definitely be back.

Room Tip: room with a view away from the driveway on the 4th floor would be a good choice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

i can't say enough good things about this hotel. from service, to setting, to the facilities and amenities, it was all amazing. upon checking in, i was greeted very well, room was amazing (there was a live fireplace), massive bathroom with separate showers and bathtub. check out was painless, airport transfer was smooth. during the stay you can hang out at the bar, play darts or pool for free. there's an archery field, horseback riding, areas around to hike.. i didn't want to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bradford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I attended a conference here a month ago. What a beautiful area! Never having been to Utah - I had no idea what to expect. The fall foliage was at its peak so it was absolutely lovely and the weather was perfect while we were there. Aside from all that - let's discuss this spectacular resort. We took full advantage of everything it had to offer . We had wonderful meals there during the conference. The buffets were delicious. The spa was great - I had a delightful mani/pedi and spent some relaxing time in the pool and steam/ sauna rooms - not to mention the jacuzzis. The terraces were all great places to take pictures of the mountains and relax in the evening with the s'mores buffet and good drinks. We spent some time exploring Park City as well which is just a quick shuttle ride into town. I shopped many adorable boutiques and had one of the best meals at Riverhorse. I would go there again in a heartbeat. The resort would be wonderful in the winter as well - I just wish I knew how to ski!

Room Tip: We were on a bottom floor so we did not have a balcony or much of a view (just a hillside) so when c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Montage Deer Valley? Share your experiences!