Montage provided an exceptional luxury resort experience and would have been 5 out of 5 if it had not been for a few lapses in services. However, there are many advantages (and a few disadvantages) to choosing Montage over other Park City resorts (e.g., Waldorf, St. Regis) that I will highlight here.
1. Breakfast at Apex restaurant (e.g., huevos rancheros is fresh and clean) - spring for breakfast package!
2. Pools (outdoor and indoor) - better loungers and pools than Waldorf)
3. Housekeeping (superior to Waldorf, Park City)
4. Proximity to Deer Valley ski resort and hiking trails (also a plus of St. Regis)
5. Game room
6. Smores and fire pits
7. Relaxing lounge areas
8. Fireplace in guest room (situated centrally and usefully compared to Waldorf)
9. Balcony for guest rooms (each room has a balcony including lower room categories compared to Waldorf and St. Regis - must upgrade)
10. Turn-down service (chocolate caramels were heavenly)
11. Bathroom (huge tub and shower)
12. Robes and slippers
What the other resorts offer over the Montage:
1. Champagne sabering (St. Regis) nightly
2. Location to Main Street (Sky Lodge right in the heart of the action) and Waldorf is quite convenient - at Montage you can take a shuttle but plan to wait on both ends
3. Repose room (i.e., Golden Door Spa @ Waldorf, Park City)
4. Views (every room at the St. Regis offers an unobstructed mt. view); Montage has rooms that have obstructed views - the roof blocked our view of the valley and we were directly over the valet on frontage drive
5. Montage is cooler than other Park City Resorts (~ 8,300 ft)
6. Parking (valet is required) is $28/day which is more expensive than other PC resorts
Other highlights of the trip included friendly service from Amber at the front desk, meeting the "mascot" and playing Ms. Pac-man, shuffleboard, and other games at the pub. Although some of the staff may have been newer to their positions and thus were still a bit awkward, Montage is a comfortable resort.
A few constructive comments for mgt.:
1. It seems like some guests are smoking on patios and leaving behind cigarette butts. I'm pretty sure this is discouraged, but I did find several on the patio off of my guestroom.
2. There were a few yellow jackets and flies by the pool despite the lack of food on the deck
3. Please warn guests who are booking packages that they may end up with obstructed views. When we placed our reservations by phone we would have been glad to pay more for a better room. It did not seem possible to get a more preferred view despite the fact that the hotel was very low capacity (shoulder season Sunday & Monday night). We were not sure how to handle this once we arrived at the resort despite placing the request.
Overall we enjoyed our stay tremendously and can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah