I stayed at the Montage for the first time with my daughters two weeks ago on the way to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, where we picked up my husband at the airport for a trip to Yellowstone National Park. We were so overwhelmingly impressed by the beauty of the resort and the exceptional customer service that we made plans to stay here with my husband on the way home from YNP. My husband was so impressed with the Montage that, despite his grueling work schedule, we tweaked our travel plans so we could stay at the Montage longer than planned. I am writing this review from the Montage as I lament the fact that we are leaving this morning.
Although we have had the privilege of staying at many luxury resorts, we have never before experienced the level of customer service bestowed upon us at the Montage. We gave our name to the valet when we drove up and by the time we walked into the Montage, a staff member was standing near the door, waiting for us. He offered our daughters plush animals and walked us to our room. There was no need to check in at the desk. Cookies and milk were waiting for the girls in the room, along with a handwritten note welcoming us. A few minutes later the bellman arrived with our luggage and a complimentary bottle of sparkling lemonade. He poured the lemonade for us and walked us around the room, showing us all of its amenities. We could not have felt more welcome.
Our first night here we ordered room service. The food arrived promptly and was delicious. We have experienced this other places. What we haven't experienced anywhere else is the care taken in setting up the dinner in our room, so everything was to our liking. This is something the Montage staff specializes in.
Everyone we met, including a kind gentleman from Rwanda who helped us with turn-down service, went so far out of his way to make us comfortable. Turn-down service usually takes a short while, especially when guests are in the room when the staff arrives. The turn-down service at the Montage included delicious chocolates, a thoughtful selection of music, lighting the fireplace, opening the curtains to the balcony, supplying slippers and offering to pour more of the complimentary sparkling lemonade. The gentleman even helped my daughter sew a small tear in one of her plush animals!
While we were here with my husband, I lost a necklace that had been given to me by one of my daughters. The necklace cost $22.95, and my daughter had paid for it with her own money and beamed with happiness as she presented it to me at Yellowstone National Park. It would have been easier for me to have lost diamonds than this necklace. At least five members of the hotel staff stopped what they were doing to help us locate this necklace. Someone left the front desk to walk around the Grand Lawn with us. My daughter was upset in the elevator and Brian Roberts, the housekeeping manager, overheard us talking about the necklace. He introduced himself, asked details about where we may have lost it and said he would help. He was soothing and kind to my daughter, who was very upset. Three hours later he called the room to express his apologies that his staff had not been successful in locating the necklace and advised us they would keep looking. My daughter is seven years old, and she hasn't stop talking about how kind it was for him to approach us, and offer to help.
Thankfully, my husband found the necklace. My daughter asked me to call Brian and thank him (which I would have done anyway), but I mention this is because he made such a strong and wonderful impression on her.
Everyone here treated us as though we were their most important guests, and from what I can see, that is how the staff strives to treat all their guests.
The beauty of the Montage speaks for itself. The pools are luxurious, the indoor fireplaces and outdoor fire pits are soothing, and the recreation room is fun for all ages. We spent hours playing games and laughing together in the recreation room. We enjoyed the Mountain Room, the gorgeous library and the mining memorabilia. This is a fabulous resort for so many reasons. What will make our Montage experience most memorable is the kind and uber-attentive staff and over-the-top customer service. That is what the Montage offers that we have not found, to this degree, anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah