“The Montage Deer Valley Sets a New Standard for Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9100 Marsac Avenue, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Frenchtown
“The Montage Deer Valley Sets a New Standard for Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at the Montage for the first time with my daughters two weeks ago on the way to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, where we picked up my husband at the airport for a trip to Yellowstone National Park. We were so overwhelmingly impressed by the beauty of the resort and the exceptional customer service that we made plans to stay here with my husband on the way home from YNP. My husband was so impressed with the Montage that, despite his grueling work schedule, we tweaked our travel plans so we could stay at the Montage longer than planned. I am writing this review from the Montage as I lament the fact that we are leaving this morning.

Although we have had the privilege of staying at many luxury resorts, we have never before experienced the level of customer service bestowed upon us at the Montage. We gave our name to the valet when we drove up and by the time we walked into the Montage, a staff member was standing near the door, waiting for us. He offered our daughters plush animals and walked us to our room. There was no need to check in at the desk. Cookies and milk were waiting for the girls in the room, along with a handwritten note welcoming us. A few minutes later the bellman arrived with our luggage and a complimentary bottle of sparkling lemonade. He poured the lemonade for us and walked us around the room, showing us all of its amenities. We could not have felt more welcome.

Our first night here we ordered room service. The food arrived promptly and was delicious. We have experienced this other places. What we haven't experienced anywhere else is the care taken in setting up the dinner in our room, so everything was to our liking. This is something the Montage staff specializes in.

Everyone we met, including a kind gentleman from Rwanda who helped us with turn-down service, went so far out of his way to make us comfortable. Turn-down service usually takes a short while, especially when guests are in the room when the staff arrives. The turn-down service at the Montage included delicious chocolates, a thoughtful selection of music, lighting the fireplace, opening the curtains to the balcony, supplying slippers and offering to pour more of the complimentary sparkling lemonade. The gentleman even helped my daughter sew a small tear in one of her plush animals!

While we were here with my husband, I lost a necklace that had been given to me by one of my daughters. The necklace cost $22.95, and my daughter had paid for it with her own money and beamed with happiness as she presented it to me at Yellowstone National Park. It would have been easier for me to have lost diamonds than this necklace. At least five members of the hotel staff stopped what they were doing to help us locate this necklace. Someone left the front desk to walk around the Grand Lawn with us. My daughter was upset in the elevator and Brian Roberts, the housekeeping manager, overheard us talking about the necklace. He introduced himself, asked details about where we may have lost it and said he would help. He was soothing and kind to my daughter, who was very upset. Three hours later he called the room to express his apologies that his staff had not been successful in locating the necklace and advised us they would keep looking. My daughter is seven years old, and she hasn't stop talking about how kind it was for him to approach us, and offer to help.

Thankfully, my husband found the necklace. My daughter asked me to call Brian and thank him (which I would have done anyway), but I mention this is because he made such a strong and wonderful impression on her.

Everyone here treated us as though we were their most important guests, and from what I can see, that is how the staff strives to treat all their guests.

The beauty of the Montage speaks for itself. The pools are luxurious, the indoor fireplaces and outdoor fire pits are soothing, and the recreation room is fun for all ages. We spent hours playing games and laughing together in the recreation room. We enjoyed the Mountain Room, the gorgeous library and the mining memorabilia. This is a fabulous resort for so many reasons. What will make our Montage experience most memorable is the kind and uber-attentive staff and over-the-top customer service. That is what the Montage offers that we have not found, to this degree, anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We were at the fabulous Montage for 5 nights. The experience was wonderful from start to finish. The staff could not have been more accommodating from the minute we arrived. Everyone, without exception, was friendly, and extremely helpful. I don't know that I even opened one door for myself! We were very pampered by every member of the staff -- including valet, housekeeping, bar staff, wait staff, concierge, and on and on! I would recommend this great resort without reservation.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at The Montage for our 20th anniversary. Since it is the off season for this ski resort hotel, the rates are very reasonable. The amenities are extraordinary. The spa is the most relaxing place I have ever been. We came for a couples get away, but want to bring the kids back since there is so much to do- complimentary to guests. Some of the fun includes: a bowling alley, pool tables, arcade (coins required here) and ping pong. There is a fun and cometely complimentary s'mores making activity every night with the best hot chocolate I've ever tasted. Free archery classes, frisbee golf, beautiful hikes. The staff is soooooo attentive and every detail is considered to keep things clean satisfying my OCD needs- fresh duvet covers on beds special towels that fit over the pool chairs which are changed between guests. This place is my new favorite place in the world to stay!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Montage is the BEST luxury family resort on the planet. It is the only place I have traveled with my family (3 young children) and felt like we have ALL been on vacation. Pampered without being pretentious, attention to details (eg. get well notes with care packages for altitude sickness; Red Sox game schedule waiting for us upon our arrival), greetings from Monty the adorable mascot are sure to make everyone feel welcome. But when it comes to getting ready to hit the slopes, Andy, the director of Compass, the on-property outdoor shop, is top of the hill! Matching skier ability with the right skis and terrain, Andy is brilliantly accurate. The entire staffs' focus on being ready to ease your transition from ready-to-ski to on the slopes and apres-ski is like being Dorothy in Oz. It's as if you just click your heels, and you are on your way. And being the Montage, I bet they would even dye your eyes to match your gown (or parka as the case may be)...! Which brings me to the spa. An experience I will never forget...ethereal and life altering. From pre-ski stretching to core-strengthening to a massage of a lifetime...I literally wept with joy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We've been fortunate enough to stay several times at the Montage properties, this past weekend was our first visit to beautiful Deer Valley.

At first glance this hotel is simply stunning, set against a mountain surrounded by beautiful aspen trees.

We were warmly greated and promptly checked in by the hotel staff. We agreed to take a quick tour of the property which was very informative: We visited the spa, workout gym (state of the art), sports center, and pub.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the pub! It was truly a game players heaven...there's bowling, darts, foosball, pool and several retro arcade games that brought back some fond childhood memories.

The food was fantastic throughout the property, the sushi bar served up some of the finest rolls we've ever tasted. The main dining offered the quality and service you'd expect from a 5 star restaurant. We really enjoyed the bar and live music on the main floor as well, it was a perfect way to end the evening.

The outdoor activities are endless, we rented bikes the first day then moved on to archery the following day. The trail riding is amazing, you're literally only 50 yards from the lift!

Let me qualify this statement by saying this, I've stayed at some of the nicest hotels around the world and Montage Deer Valley is a little slice of heaven.

I'm looking forward to visiting again in the winter. Thanks Montage for a wonderful 3-day weekend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Livingston, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is absolutely over the top! Every detail is thought of and attended to. I cannot think of a more relaxing and beautiful place for a vacation. We have stayed for 5 nights and even if you just stay at the resort and don't venture in town, it is impossible to get bored. You can enjoy their beautiful outdoor Olympic sized pool where they cater to your every whim, have smores and hot chocolate out by their fire pit, get spa treatments, workout, play shuffleboard or vintage video games down in their pub, take an archery lesson, hike, bike or even enjoy the great music they bring in nightly and take in the original art around the hotel. It is the most luxurious place imaginable to relax and unwind. And the little added details like a new chocolate every night in your room at the turn down service and the most comfortable beds and showers I have ever experienced will make me a fan for life. Top notch!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed one night. Wished I could have stayed longer. Very comfortable rooms - best bed. Spa and work out facilities are one of the best I have utilized. Valet services are outstanding including Trixie who was very helpful and sincere with friendliness. Only negative - no full length mirrors in the rooms ( was told by Front Desk that Suites have them). Front desk needs a little more training on gonig the extra mile for service - i.e. offering to have my car brought up during the check out procedure.
Love this hotel and look forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Montage Deer Valley? Share your experiences!