New, well-managed luxury property with extremely attentive service. First impressions were wonderful due to speedy valet service and a smooth check-in. Concierge led us to our vista room overlooking Park City while our bags were unpacked for us and bottle service began as we sat on the balcony. There is a new evolution in luxury travel to focus more on services than amenities if you will. Montage has a perfect balance between the two.
Room size is above average, with an expansive entry and bar, walk in closet, midsize balcony and a very large bathroom. Extra touches to note are Control4 integrations into all lighting and sound systems, luxurious fireplaces in every room and radiant-heated marble floors throughout. Rooms were thoroughly sound-proofed and the security of the facilities was extremely high - indoors as well as outdoors facilities.
The onsite gym is fantastic. New equipment, a large selection and a full-time staff to provide training, personal and/or group classes (e.g. yoga, pilates, cycling). Montage also sets itself apart by having a gorgeous indoor mosaic pool and spa as well as a heated outdoor pool and multiple hot tubs open year round. Montage also boasts an onsite bowling alley, pub and rec space, a full-service restaurant, bakery, cafe, shopping boutiques (including a jeweler) and multiple bars. In essence, this property does not require you to leave for anything and if you choose to, they'll provide the complimentary transportation to Main Street, Park City. Can I also say - THANK YOU for not having a resort fee.
Areas for improvement could include:
1. More attentive wait staff in Apex. Ordering breakfast took nearly 20 minutes and over 90 minutes to dine after signing the check.
2. Towels need to be consistently re-stocked on the pool decks. Usually found myself dripping all the way back to the room...
3. Only the residences have kitchen options. For those who wish to stay longer time periods, eating out can become quite obnoxious. Competing properties (e.g. St. Regis and The Waldorf Astoria) have kitchen options in the regular hotel which is a win for the extended traveler - and I may mention, the upgrade is quite affordable.
4. Valet opted to shove my luggage into my back seat vs. my trunk upon checkout and damaged my leather. The valet is not responsible for collision, fire, earthquake, storm, theft, mechanical failure BUT is responsible for inflicted damage. I'll take this up with the hotel directly.
Montage is definitely worth a second visit. Not quite worth the high-season rates but most definitely worth the moderate season pricing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah