“What an amazing experience we had at the Montage Deer Valley” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9100 Marsac Avenue, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Newton, Massachusetts
“What an amazing experience we had at the Montage Deer Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Can a slopeside resort get any better?! We just returned from this property and could not believe how fantastic the rooms, service, food & beverage, location, accessabilty.....and everything was. I travel quite frequently to high end resorts on business and pleasure, and am not easily impresssed but I have to say, The Montage Deer Valley is among the finest resort hotels anywhere in North America hands down. There is no question that I will be back next season. Having been my first visit to Montage, I am looking forward to visiting the California properties as well.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
MontageDeerValley, Director of Sales at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Hello and greetings from Montage Deer Valley. On behalf of all of our Associates, please accept our gratitude for your kind remarks. We truly look forward to welcoming you back… and hope you enjoy our two California destinations as well.

Best Wishes,

Christopher Hamaway – Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Let me first say that I spend over 200 days a year traveling for work and it takes a lot to impress me. Montage (as usual (be sure to check out their beverly hills property as well as laguna beach)) is just incredible. While I love staying at a Four Seasons or Ritz property, there is just something about how the entire staff at a montage make you feel.

From the moment they great you by name at the door to the bartender or wait staff that remember all the nuances of what you like (gin and tonic with extra limes, or that I like my bacon extra crispy).

And let's not forget about the location. My goodness, you pretty much have an entire mountain to yourself. so nice not to be squeezed in amongst countless other resorts.

FIVE STARS all the way. will be returning with the wife in the summer

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Everyday, a gathering of whomever, around the outdoor firepit, roasting s'mores from 4-5pm....what fun. What a nice social aspect of The Montage....meeting other guests. And the outdoor pool - so warm and relaxing after skiing all day. This place is just full of awesome staff who just can't do enough for you...and I mean everyone. The room service was by far, the best I've ever had. The skiing - phenomenal. The folks at the Compass ski shop are fantastic. All the waitstaff ,spa staff, reception desk, valet staff, s'mores staff, bartenders, fitness staff, housekeeping, concierege - where do they find these nice people??? They're happier than Disneyworld! I would recommend this hotel to everyone - We loved The Montage!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the montage for a some quality time together. I had booked the trip and my husband was not happy we were leaving snow in nj to go to more snow. I have to say he can not wait to return.
We stayed in a peak view one bedroom. The view was fabulous. The room was beautiful. The ski in and ski out was better then I ever imagined. We decided to rent our equipment at the hotel and what service. The Man who helped us really new his stuff. When we put on our skis they actually pulled us over to the lift. What service. Deer valley was amazing. No lift lines always someone there to help you.
The concierge service was great always there to help. We went snowmobiling one day and dog sledding another. Snow moiling was ok. We went for the views which were breathtaking. Dog sledding was so much fun. You got to meet the dogs and then go for an hour ride. Beautiful views and the owner the dogs who took you out made you feel like family. We van not wait to bring our daughter
The people that worked at the bee store where top notch. I had wanted to buy honey. You get to sample it. She wrapped it all up for me so I could pack it. She delivered it to my room and left me a personalized note. Things like that make you want to go back.
We also visit the spa. We did the signature treatment. A 3 hour spa. We had arianna and Ashley. They were fabulous. The treatment was amazing. We travel all over the world and visit many spas and this was the best. We will definitely
visit the spa again.
We ate breakfast every morning at apex and dinner once while we were there. We wish we would have eaten there every night. It was the best we had during our stay. We tried zoom and the fireside and there is no comparison.
The only complaint is the girls that work in the gift shop. I felt they thought they were better then us. We had asked them for a Christmas ornament. We like to collect from all our trips and she looked at us like we were crazy and said it's not Christmas. We stay in all 5 star resorts and we can usually get an ornament all times of the year. So would love to see a variety of things to buy at the hotel.
But overall the service and the hotel was exceptional and i highly recommend this hotel to everyone.
We can not wait to go back next march.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

First of all, I'm not a skier. I'm a snowboarder. But, before I left the Montage Deer Valley, I had strapped on a pair of skiis for the first time in 22 years. The all inclusive experience that Montage has created can litterally change a persons life. That's exactly what it did for me. My wife and I never left the property due to the numerous restaurants that are their and the active night life that occurs at a pub located on the bottom level called Daily's. This place had everything a kid (or an adult wanting to be a kid again) could imagine. Pool tables, darts, shuffleboard, vintage video games, Nintendo Wii, foosball and a 2-lane bowling alley. Unbelievable!! The rooms were amazing too. Huge beds, gorgeous bathrooms and his/her walk-in closets. Make sure you check out the smores set up everyday from 4-6 for something extra special. The Montage is an epic place to relax and should be considered a must-go for anyone looking for a great time. It will spoil you rotten.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
chamaway, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Greetings from Montage Deer Valley....

We wanted to take time to express our sincere appreciation for such kind words. We shared your comments with all of our Associates here at the resort and everyone was thrilled to know you and your wife had such a good time. The comments on Daly's Pub & Rec were particulary impactful as we work daily to make this a truly special location inside the resort. We look forward to hopefully having the chance to welcome you back to Montage Deer Valley in the near future.

Warmest regards,

David Mars - Resort Manager
ladera ranch, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

We just returned from a ski trip to Montage Deer Valley. I have stayed at all three properties (Deer Valley, Beverly Hills and Laguna Beach) and this one surely lives up to the Montage name. The rooms, the view.....Everything! Daly’s was amazing..so fun for my child..he loved all the video games. And, skier services couldn’t have been easier. I can't wait to return in the summer to see what they have to offer in the warmer months.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite at this new Montage, even though friends who stayed there in December said to wait until next year - - when the inevitable opening snafus would be worked out. We are very glad we did not wait.
The hotel is stunning, as is its setting. Very good ski in/ski out (three lifts at your command) and outstanding finihes and amenities. The staff is youthful but eager to please. OK, maybe everyone is trying just a bit too hard -- they are not yet "comfortable" -- but we will take that instead of arrogant and stuffy any day.
We had one problem with the TV in our sitting room that defied fixing despite three tries. Frustration gave way to even greater comfort when they moved us to a much larger suite as recompense for our troubles.
No doubt the service will get even more finely tuned in the coming months, but we would go back tomorrow if we could.
The food is outstanding as well, with good variety - - high end dining as well as comfort food (pretzels + cheese fondue!) in the bar - - a well appointed wine list that does not inflict "sticker shock" upon opening. Hotel prices, yes -- but no gouging here. We felt it was a real value.
Yes, we did try out the spa, which is suitably spacious and luxurious. Our 90 minute massages were among the best we had at a US resort.
Go and enjoy. We'll be back.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Montage Deer Valley? Share your experiences!