A friend of mine and I met up in Park City to ski and see a part of the country we had never been to before. We absolutely loved the St. Regis and Deer Valley. Park City is a great town as well. The skiing was amazing! So much great snow. The hotel was beautiful. It can be a bit expensive, but I used a reward stay, points, and paid for one night. I found it to be as nice as the St. Regis Monarch Beach and St. Regis Atlanta. We had a Deluxe Suite, which made our experience even better because of the extra space and ability to cook. They rooms were amazingly appointed with great amenities. Loved the bathroom (huge shower and wonderful vanity). The funicular was very cool with amazing views of Deer Valley. The pool and hot tubs were wonderful, especially as it was snowing while in them. The garden of fire is really neat. The shuttle service to and from town in the Escalades was amazing and very helpful. We also greatly enjoyed the Remede Spa (very professional staff and luxurious atmosphere). Jans Sports shop made getting ski gear so easy. The ski valets were very nice and willing to help. Overall, the butlers were very nice. I do feel that much is made of the butler service by the St. Regis company, but felt very little was delivered in this area at the St. Regis Deer Valley. A suite includes complimentary morning coffee, pressing of two garments per person per day, and packing/unpacking. But, I only know this because of past St. Regis experiences (not b/c I was told by the front desk or a butler). I felt the front desk staff was cordial but not truly concerned with me as a guest. Our names were only remembered by one butler and the spa staff. The bed was not as comfortable as many high end hotels I've stayed in (especially the Waldorf Astoria Park City, where I stayed two nights prior to arriving at the St. Regis). Finally, the J & G Grill was beautiful with some great fish dishes and some of the best short ribs I've ever had. However, they cannot grill steaks very well. One night my friend had a steak that he ordered Medium Rare but came out very overcooked and dry. I ordered a Medium Filet Mignon another night that came out completely charred, dry, and overdone.
My overall impression is that this is an amazing hotel that is at the top of my ski resort list. I absolutley loved stepping out of the hotel into my skis and onto the slopes. But, improvements need to be made in front desk staff service and caring, explanation of butlers and their service, bed comfort, and steak grilling. I plan to return when able.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah