“Peaceful, beautiful, heaven on earth.” 4 of 5 stars

3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney
“Peaceful, beautiful, heaven on earth.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

The service was great from checking in to the butler. What let them down was the breakfast at the grill bar. The greeter lady looked like she didn't want to be there. No smile, did not chat, no greeting and abrupt. I saw her on two occasions and both occasions she was like that.

• Stayed April 2014
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear WinWarrior,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, are we are so sorry for the interaction you experienced. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our annual pilgrimage to the St. Regis DV for apres ski cocktails, apps and champagne sabering was yet again phenomenal, thanks to the special treatment provided by our very favorite butler, Thomas! year after year, he takes special care of our large group of ladies - and we're always blown away by his personal attention. His assistant butlers and the bar servers also were tremendously helpful - getting us a blanket for those seated furthest from the fire, bringing a tast of N/A bubbly for the non-drinkers to partake in the celebratory toasts, etc - following Thomas' excellent example of top notch service, it's no surprise!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Every year, my friends and I do a Deer Valley trip, and the best part of it is the St. Regis. The champagne sabering ceremony is not to be missed, and we get truly spoiled by Thomas (the butler) and it keeps us coming back every year. The drink menu is amazing - I've never seen a kumquat mojito anywhere else and they are delicious! And the truffle pizzas are really incredible. We have such a great time every year - it's such a great place and I'm looking forward to our next trip already!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Thank you for making our annual Girls Deer Valley Day amazing and very memorable. Every year we request Thomas to take care of us and every year he keeps raising the bar....what will he think of next year? Best cocktails in Park City and an amazing atmosphere. Seeing Thomas and visiting the St. Regis Deer Valley is the highlight of my ski day!!!

Room Tip: Request Thomas the Butler
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed here for a short get away from just an hour north. It was absolutely amazing! We were greeted by a friendly staff, the room was clean and neat and the J&G far surpassed our expectations. We had a great dinner there the day we checked in, and had an amazing ski-up lunch the second day. We are loyal to the St. Regis--we love it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We're so sorry..." was the theme of our 3 night stay at the St. Regis Deer Valley.

Let me start of with the positives:
My hot stone massage at the Remede Spa was fabulous. Tracy is an excellent masseuse and it was 90 minutes of pure relaxation!
Our dinner at the J&G restaurant was delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere.
Aleka in the accounting department helped resolve some accounting issues and did an excellent job of keeping me informed about the status of our bill.

Now for the negatives:

The valet service was in constant chaos. They did not appear aloof...just completely overwhelmed. (Yes, it was Spring break but we visited the Montage a couple of times and they seemed to have it under control) We would call for our car 15 minutes prior to needing it and it wouldn't be at the entrance as promised. Not once! When we dropped off our car upon returning to then hotel, the valet wouldn't check in the cars on a first come first serve basis. It could be the last person in the line keeping people waiting in the front of the line for an extended period of time. We reserved a spot on the hotel shuttle to take us into town and when the shuttle arrived guests stormed the shuttle. The shuttle filled up very quickly and we knew that many of the passengers did not have reservations. We had to wait ten minutes for the next shuttle. "We're so sorry..." The whole shuttle service system was "survival of the fittest." Forget a nice relaxing night out....

Coffee in the morning was promised 10 minutes after requesting it. On two of the mornings, we received phone calls saying they were "So sorry" that the coffee took 30 minutes to get to our room. (Those phone calls woke my husband who was sleeping in the bedroom)

We had a lovely one bedroom slope side suite that we knew had the potential for noise issues when we checked in. We asked the butler about snow cat noise, he did say that at 4:30 am there would be minimal noise when the snow cat was plowing the snow. He failed to mention the back up beeping noise that the snow cat would give for what seemed an ETERNITY at 4:30 AM. (If your room is on the slopes, you might wasn't to download a white noise app on your cell phone. It won't completely mask out the sound, but it can help. Or stay on the other side of the hotel if sleep is important to you)

Our suite was missing a TV remote, 2 kitchen lights were burned out and one of the phones was broken. "We're so sorry...."

The Men's restroom near the J&G restaurant was in unacceptable shape. Both soap dispensers were broken and there was a pile of paper towels on the floor next to the door, where people obviously used a paper towel to open the door and then tossed the towel on the floor because there was no trash receptacle available. This is a St. Regis bathroom?

I had a wonderful massage and finally thought that finally something seemed to be fitting of the St. Regis reputation! And then reality set in again...The Remede spa was lovely but was missing some important details. After showering there wasn't a place to put used towels or washcloths. If you used one of their hairbrushes, there wasn't a place to place the used brush. How about a basket or a drawer that stated "used brushes?" It seemed tacky to leave the used item sitting out on the counter. My shower took a minimum of 4 minutes to warm up! The attendants might turn on the water when they first arrive to the spa in the morning so the first client of the day doesn't have to freeze while waiting for the water to warm up. When departing the spa, I walked around looking for an attendant to gave my wet towel, washcloth, bathrobe and slippers to. When I finally found an attendant, I explained that I couldn't find a place to put my soiled items and she told me there is a basket behind the attendants desk for dirty items. I guess it's expected that the guests hunt down this hidden spot? When I mentioned my concerns when checking out with the Spa receptionists, they appeared disinterested in what I had to say. One of the receptionists handed me a comment card and told me to just write down what I thought. Why I spent the time filling is out, I don't know. I definitely won't be back.

This may be difficult to believe, however the above is only a partial list of events that collectively defined our exceptionally poor experience at this property. This is not a company wide St. Regis problem. The last St. Regis review I wrote for the Florence, Italy property was glowing! We have also stayed in the New York City and Dana Point properties recently and have been very happy. There was absolutely no attention to detail anywhere in the hotel. One more humorous anecdote: At the end of the day when we were waiting (again) for our car to be pulled up to load our luggage, someone started banging on the keys of the piano located on the open second floor. I peaked my head up to see a young teenage young man who had obviously recently learned a new song, which he played at a very remedial level, over and over and over again, LOUD enough to be heard by all. It was our swan song and fitting end to a miserable stay at the St Regis, Deer Valley, Utah.
We're so sorry...we will stay at the Stein or the Montage on our next visit to Deer Valley.

Room Tip: If you value your sleep, do not get a room on the slopes. While the view is beautiful, the snow cat...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear susiegio,

We are happy you enjoyed your time at the spa and J&G, and we truly appreciate you taking the time to describe your full experience on our property. We take your feedback very seriously and will be using your comments to improve our service in all areas, especially during our peak times like Spring Break. We hope that when you return to Deer Valley you will visit us again. Thank you.
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Went snowing at St. Regis Deer Valey in Utah with my parents about 3 weeks ago and I just want to say that those Ski Valet guys on the snow were great. The person that stood out for me and my family was this Turkish guy named Cumhur. He was a very pleasant fellow with a smıley face and keen knowledge of the area. He helped us out with our equipment and recomended the J and G grill which to top it all off was an amazing experience. The food was great and the Hotel beats all the other ski hotels me and my family have been to in Europe. Praise for St. Regis and thank you Mr. Cumhur for making a short visit a memorable one. I recomend this hotel to all . Cheers

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Jerry K,
Thank you for the wonderful review and recommendation! I will pass your wonderful comments on to Cumhur. We hope to see you next year!

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!