“Great ski vacation getaway” 5 of 5 stars

3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great ski vacation getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Fantastic location for ski in and ski out with ski valet services around the corner from the elevator. A special shout out for our always smiling and attentive Stevie at the ski valet desk.

The entire staff from the J&G grill to the front desk, concierge, drivers an housekeeping made you feel welcome and that you were their most important guest in the Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Mercer Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The St. Regis Deer Valley is an incredibly beautiful and luxurious hotel, but it was the people who work here that made our trip so special. This is our third year skiing and staying here, and a few friendly faces have been consistent over the years. Thomas Crawford, a butler at the hotel, greeted us by name and remembered funny stories about us from two years ago. He went out of his way countless times over our stay to make us feel comfortable, always knowing what we needed before we knew! If Thomas says he's going to do something, it gets done, and he has a great sense of humor along with his incredible sense of service.
This happened to be the busiest week of the year (Pres. week) we were there, and of course this puts a lot of pressure on the staff. After an extremely busy morning in the boot room, the hotel sent out a formal apology to every guest (I never noticed problem). The next morning they had a second complimentary cocoa and coffee station in the boot room for guests, and had clearly figured out how to solve whatever problem had existed the day before. Justin Beers, Dir. of Guest Services, went out of his way to make us feel comfortable. He always had time for a chat with us, our friends, and our kids. He worked around the clock. He hosted a complimentary apres ski wine evening in the lobby of the hotel on Friday night of our stay. What could have been an extremely formal grand lobby turned into a family friendly, cozy, spontaneous party for all the guests. The next night, there was a complimentary champagne sabering party for all the guests in the lobby. (which is also done every night in the bar upstairs.)
The grand lobby was so cozy, in fact, that we managed to have dinner by the fire with our group of friends two nights we were there. (NOTE: for planning purposes, make sure you allot enough time in the hotel, you won't want to leave!) Both Tyler and Val went out of their way to bring us food and drinks, rather than send us up to the the formal restaurant. Needless to stay, we never got out of our ski clothes on both of those nights!
I'll quickly mention the beautiful pool, breakfast lobby bar in the morning with complimentary coffee and cocoa, comfortable beds, nice bathroom products, free shuttle into town, the FONDUE, nice people to put your heated ski boots on for you, and crazy beautiful mountain location.
Finally, we did not leave until we made our reservations for next year!!! Can't wait to come back. If you want to stay in a beautiful, convenient and luxurious hotel with the highest quality of service by wonderful, down-to-earth employees, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Slopeside views are incredible!! We could even see the nightly champagne sabering from our deck.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Rowe5,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Thomas, Justin, Tyler, and Val are so thrilled that they could make your stay so memorable. We hope to see you again very soon!
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a great hotel but avoid school half term as it was just too busy and the excellent staff were stretched. Public places like the lobby and terrace were competitive and frankly not relaxing.
Arrived with much anticipaton but the room was not ready, disappointing given room rate which is expensive. Staff at front desk were young and not capable when we checked in which added to the annoyance and when we returned from dinner, no turndown service. There is clearly no com cation between different departments, ie one evening I called the butler to complain about no turndown but said with children it was too late but still Housekeeping knocked on the door ten minutes later while kids were sleeping. Food excellent however both in room dining and the main restaurant . Service also good and the Butlers were responsive. However when one pays "Aman like" prices, one expects amazing service, they were just too busy to deliver even great service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear patrick_hogan,

First off I would like to thank you for your feedback. President’s Week is our busiest time of year and I am so sorry you did not feel relaxed while you were here. Second, you are absolutely right. Our busy time is not an excuse for the problems you experienced and we strive to create a stay above and beyond expectations. I hope you’ll return again to feel a flawless and relaxing stay, improved from your most recent. Thank you again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The St. Regis Deer Valley is simply the best ski resort in Deer Valley. First the location - it is on the Deer Hollow run, ski-in/ski out. You take the elevator from your floor to the lower lobby, and you will find ski valet on your right, and Jans ski rental shop on your left. There is also a Deer Valley resort desk where you can buy lift tickets and arrange for ski lessons. It can't get any easier than this.

There are multiple nice resorts that are ski-in, ski-out. What sets St Regis apart is that the hotel's funicular on the other side takes you directly down to Snow Park lodge within minutes, where the kids ski school / child care facility is located. Our daughter loved the ski school. Every morning, we just dropped her off, then we were off on our own. If you stay at Montage or Waldorf, it won't be this convenient if you have kids going to ski school.

Service is top notch. Every staff member is friendly and helpful, and they start to remember you names after a couple of days. The ski valet service is excellent. If you rent skis, the Jans rental shop will take all your rentals to ski valet, who keeps all the equipment overnight. They offer to help to put on and take off boots. When you are ready to go out, the skis are outside waiting for you on the snow. When you come back in, you can just leave the skis on the snow and walk back you.

The room is beautiful. We stayed in a huge suite, with a separating living room, bedroom, 1.5 bath, and a full kitchen. It was so comfortable.

The restaurant J&G Grill is one of the hottest tickets in town. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner never disappoints.

The Remede spa is relaxing and beautiful. The heated outdoor pool is a nice touch with the views of the mountain.

The hotel has a lot of nice traditions, that are complementary to the guests - coffee/tea in the morning; hot chocolate bar with various toppings (chocolate chips, marshmallows, M&M's, whipped cream) in the afternoon; making smores by the outdoor fire pit in the evening. Various kids activities such as making gingerbread house or 'kids night out' (basically let parents to have a nice dinner on their own) were offered during our stay.

With such a great hotel as the St. Regis, and the terrific terrain and conditions at Deer Valley, we eagerly look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a large family, you will enjoy the suite. Don't miss the hot chocolat...
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

St. Regis Deer Valley exceeds the St. Regis reputation. Beautiful location, private & isolated from town (comp. car service will take you too and from the village until 11pm daily), ski in/ski out is amazing, impeccable service, to-die-for hot chocolate bar in the afternoons, smores by the fire nightly, peaceful and serene. They did an amazing job isolating the busy bar & restaurant from the hotel lobby & library by creating a separate entrance for non-hotel guests. Most importantly, they treated us as if were were the only guests in the hotel, always receiving 100% of their attention. No hold times, no waits, just like flying first class. We love you St. Regis Deer Valley and will be back for next year's ski season!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We went to the St Regis Deer Valley to ski and celebrate my 45th birthday in February. The staff could not have been nicer! 5 stars all the way around.

The room:

This first thing I want to note is how quiet this place is at night or in the morning. If you want to sleep in you will not be disturbed. You will not hear doors slamming or people in rooms next to you at all. This was a welcome change for a hotel! I had originally booked a deluxe room but was offered a great rate a week or two before my arrival to upgrade to a Deluxe suite, and I am so glad I did. It was more like a home away from home rather than just a hotel room. I was escorted to my room by my butler and found Champagne and chocolate waiting for me with a birthday card. This was a very nice touch. My special occasion was remembered by several staff members during my stay. The suite was huge at 900 Sq ft and had 2 fireplaces, 2 balconies, a full kitchen and master bath plus a powder room bathroom. There was a full sized dining table and a great den area complete with full sized couch and a coffee table that had some nice books which I was able to take some time to go through while relaxing.

Location

I love this location. A true ski in ski out property. It is right on the ski trails but close enough to town to make it an easy trip there for shopping or dinner.

Everyone here is so nice! My wife and I both remarked how this was not the nice one gets just because you a paying quite a bit to stay here, but rather that this staff is genuinely friendly and happy in what they are doing.We had a number of very pleasant conversations with the staff about Deer Valley and Park City in general. I had a few special requests that they happily accommodated me on, and quickly. They make it so easy with the ski valets I am so spoiled now. They have your skis waiting for you every morning right outside once they help you put your books on. I never once had to carry my skis in or out. 5 stars for the ski valet and convenience factor.

Extras

The best hot chocolate I have ever had was served everyday along with in whipped cream, marshmallows, and chocolate shavings from 3-5 in the lobby and was something we looked forward to everyday. If you have not had your chocolate fill after that, then from 7-9pm every night they offered the guest complimentary smores out by the fire pit. It is a good thing I was burning lots of calories skiing! Lastly, and this a big one for the convenience factor.... the St Regis has a fleet of Cadillac Escalades to run you into Park City to dine or shop and would also take you to PCMR to ski as well if you wanted. This was exceedingly helpful and the drivers were are super friendly.

The Spa

This is a gorgeous facility. I booked a 90 minute massage and was very pleased with it. I forget the therapist name but but she was great. I was so sore after skiing for many days and this really helped me be able to get back to feeling better. They also have steam room, sauna, and hot tub as well which is great after a massage.

J&G Grill

We had a lovely meal here and I had arranged to be seated at the chef's counter which was really fun and we got to interact a bit with the chef's. They even let us sample a few things. I would put this meal up in the top ten best for us. The special that night was a Sea Bass which was to die for.

My only disappointment was in the boutique. I really wanted a shirt, fleece, jacket or some piece of clothing with the St Regis Deer valley logo on it. They did have a number of really nice items we both liked but everything in both our sizes was sold out. I had this exact same problem when I was at the St Regis in Princeville so I hope they take notice and start ordering more as apparently this problem and not just here. The manger did say she would try to order the shirt I wanted, but my wife was out of luck as all the winter women's stuff was sold out from their manufacture.

I would love to return one day to the St Regis Deer Valley and I would highly recommend it. My wife does not even ski and she was able to use the time to just take in the beautiful mountain scenery and relax. She even wants to return and said she may take a lesson next time. We both just loved the look and feel of the place. This is by far the best ski resort hotel we have stayed at. I think the location is better than the Montage as that puts you so far away from town making one too isolated. I did go in one day for a drink there and while it is nice it just served to firm up my opinion that I would rather be at the Regis.

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite!
Dear Kelly_TPM,

Thank you for your detailed review! We are so happy you enjoyed the property. We have already taken steps to improve the boutique and I know our spa has coordinated with Princeville to send you your desired items. We hope to see you again soon. Enjoy!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, with great service. Access to the mountain and the ski services are fantastic. The food in the restaurant and bar are really good - you can be casual at the bar or a little dressy at the restaurant and either hits the mark. But there is a certain charm lacking - the entrance and lobby area are immaculate but feel a big sterile and corporate.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!