Family of four (couple, 11 year old and 7 year old) stayed at the St. Regis for five nights. Here’s a summary of our experience.
• Location – you can’t beat the gorgeous location, beautiful slope views, ski in/out amenity, Jans equipment rental on premise
• Ski valet – over-the-top service that includes help with putting on/taking off your boots, quick pick-up/delivery, and permanent smiles on the entire staff. Kudos to Vanessa and her team.
• St. Regis Traditions – champagne saboring, hot chocolate bar, and smores were fun events and a hit with the entire family
• Room Service – wide variety, beautiful presentation, and excellent service. The $5.00 delivery charge, 23% service charge, and fill-in-the blank gratuity are steep, but the entirety of the product is excellent.
• Concierge – came through as expected with necessary reservations, but also provided very good suggestions (Lofty Peaks for Snowmobiling and Tubing) and helpful tips (no corkage fee at the Seafood Buffet on the first bottle)
• Platinum Breakfast Amenity – a very welcomed and appreciated $40 breakfast credit
There were very surprising pockets of chinty-ness which disappointed:
• (Cliché Alert) “Never look a gift horse in the mouth” BUT “If you’re going to do it, do it right.” Such is the case with the three aforementioned Traditions. On two separate occasions, the 2-hour hot chocolate bar ran out of hot chocolate and there was a 15-minute wait for the new batch. I never saw any employees visiting the smores area during this two-hour event, thus resulting in an absence of napkins and a generally unkempt area. During the champagne saboring, about 75% of the heater lamps were not turned on because the hotel had run out of propane.
• The breakfast oatmeal bar which provided a quick alternative to the restaurant was temporarily closed so “that the guests would dine at the restaurant” according to one employee. Yeah, I bet!
• Low-end toilet paper. Rough! No more need be said.
• Non-plush towels. Pretty standard towels, and a far cry from the decadent Ritz quality.
• “Not a problem.” Call me old school, but when I say thank you, I expect to hear, “you’re welcome” or “it’s my pleasure.” When staying at the St. Regis, I don’t believe that I’m ever creating a potential problem.
All-in-all, it was an extremely enjoyable stay with a few minor disappointments. The kids (and their parents) will forever be spoiled during future ski vacations elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Amex, Orbitz, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah