“Fun Staycation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Fun Staycation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was our second trip to St. Regis in Park City. We had planned to stay at Stein Erickson but the kids insisted we go back to St. Regis. We can't believe that Thomas, our butler, remembered our kid's names. Food was great, pool time with the kids was a blast! Can't wait to return for the ski season.

Room Tip: Request a room with Thomas as your butler :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My boy friend and I took this trip to escape the heat of las vegas. The hotel is beautiful - we really enjoyed all the amenities. Our suite came with a butler! Thomas! We were so amazed as he made feel at ease and so welcome. We have never had a butler before and were unsure what to expect. Thomas made our stay so much better. We highly recommend the St Regis and can't wait to return!

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

we just spend 3 days, 3 fabulous days at this hotel. the service is so good, you want to tip.
we especially were impressed by Arial when she brought our morning coffee. i mentioned to my husband i should have ordered both newspapers. without a request arial returned with both other newspapers in about 2 minutes. gracious and humble.

St. Regis Deer Valley = now this is a vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisDeerValley, Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Barbara P,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Arial's bespoke service is what definies the St. Regis brand, and we love the great feedback! We hope you'll return to us for another vacation sooner rather than later.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Exceptional property, great views and very nice staff. The hotel shuttles in/out of downtown are nice since you don't have to worry with parking. I wasn't brave enough to try the outdoor heated pool since the temp was well below zero but I plan to next time. Taking the funicular up to the hotel was pretty darn cool. It was pricey but to-be expected from a 5star hotel in the middle of Park City UT.....make sure you visit during the Sundance film festival, surprisingly the slopes are empty while the festival is going on not to mention you can checkout the films at night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I just spent the most fabulous weekend at St. Regis, Deer Valley. A++ service from all the amazing staff especially Thomas. Thank you for making my weekend so special! The St. Regis is my absolute favorite hotel is Park City.

Room Tip: Ask for Thomas the Butler!!!
bpowell235,
Thank you for your review. We're so excited that Thomas was able to welcome you back to the property for such a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again very soon!
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I can only think of two negative things to write about with regards to this hotel: It's over-priced...even for Deer Valley. (not necessarily the room, but everything else.) And the pool could be warmer; It was slightly too cold to enjoy.
That said, the place is really amazing. I stayed there 2 nights, over Labor Day weekend to see a concert. The first night I was by myself. I checked in early to enjoy the spa, read a book, have a drink, etc..By the end of the very first day, it seemed every single employee somehow knew my name. I wondered why...and how? The service at this hotel is unlike any other hotel I've ever stayed at. To stay it was totally outstanding, and over the top would be an understatement. The staff is just amazing. I really couldn't believe it, which is why it felt a little....odd. On one hand, I felt as though they were paid a very nice salary to make all the guests feel as though we were celebrities or something. I'm not too into that. I love great customer service, but I never want to be one of "those" people who feel a sense of entitlement, and demand it. Deer Valley residents are a very conservative "old money" crowd. Not my thing. I do have to say that the other guests I met were wonderful. None of which were from Deer Valley, just guests passing through or on vacation. I did not meet any guests who was pretentious or uptight. It was a friendly atmosphere, INSIDE the hotel grounds.
Next day was the same. Everyone (at the hotel) was wonderful, service was phenomenal, etc...UNTIL the concert: That's when you run into the residents of Deer Valley, which was truly horrifying. Long story short: Don't attend a concert in Deer Valley, especially if it's your favorite performer/band. You will be miserable, being forced to sit down at a rock/pop concert, because Heaven forbid you block the view of some old guy eating a gourmet salad paired with wine and cheese, wearing khakis and a Polo sweater draped over his shoulders, who couldn't name one song by this rock/pop band....his only reason of attending is to impress his fellow old money neighbors he sees daily at the country club they both belong to. It was so sad, and embarrassing as well.
After all is said and done, I would never recommend this hotel to any of my friends. I believe it attracts an older, much different crowd. However, it really is such a beautiful resort, and like I said, the staff is over the top amazing. It's difficult to NOT give this place a 5 star rating, in all honesty....perhaps when I'm 50 I'll find no fault???

Room Tip: My room faced the mountains. I actually saw a moose cruising around. It was cool!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
StRegisDeerValley, Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
stellagirl,

We’re thrilled that you chose our hotel and enjoyed your time here. I will be sure to pass your comments to our staff as they will be happy to hear their service made such an impact. Thank you for your review!
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've stayed in lovely hotels before, but it's the little things that make the St. Regis, DV better than some of the others. It was our wedding anniversary so were looking forward to a romantic weekend. While we were initially given a rather dark room overlooking the carpark on the second floor (not very happy), they gladly moved us to a room with a private balcony and gorgeous view with the minimum of fuss.

From then on, everything went wonderfully and we felt thoroughly spoilt. Champagne and chocolates were sent to our room, and while at dinner at J&G Grill where we had an excellent meal and brilliant service by our waiter, Jeff, our bed had been turned down in our room, a bottle of water and more chocolates left by our bedside, slippers and robes ready for use and the radio tuned to classical music.

After a lovely breakfast again in the J&G Grill, we departed the hotel. Our car was brought to us, and the valet gave us a bottle of water each for our trip home. What a nice touch!

I highly recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway, and I'd say this would be a brilliant hotel to hold a conference.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!