Being a Phoenician an occasional trip to Park City in mid-summer tends to renew my will to live. This trip I decided to spend a night in the St. Regis in Deer Valley. The hotel is located mid-mountain and is accessible by a ride in one of two smooth operating leather upholstered funiculars.
The hotel offers a variety of room types and is a pricey splurge year round.
There is a spa, a full fitness center, a formal restaurant and a lively bar. The grounds include a two level 3.6' deep pool and two outdoor spas. Both are equipped with wheelchair lifts. The grounds offer a variety of spots to enjoy breathtaking mountaintop views. At night they put out everything you need to make smores at the fire pits.
The rooms offer huge bathrooms with soaking tubs and big separate showers with rain shower heads. There is even a TV concealed in the bathroom mirror.
Beds are perfect with great big comforters and crisp sheets. The nightly turndown service was exceptional.
The restaurant was a pricey disappointment. Dinner began with a great appetizer of steamed mussels, but then fell apart when the tiny entrees arrived. The beef was undercooked and the halibut overcooked to a point that was as dry as leather.
Also, when hotels charge as much as the St. Regis there should be no extra charge for internet. Especially when it turns out to be only marginal (forget playing a you tube).
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Amex, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.