“Beautiful Property” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our first visit to Utah for a friend's 50th birthday party. The St Regis is a beautiful property perched high on a mountain all by itself.

We took a cab from the airport, and the driver didn't know the correct entrance to the hotel. We had to take the funicular up to the 2nd level, then an elevator down to the 1st floor with our luggage. Our suite wasn't ready, so we put our bags in storage and headed to the bar. We shared one of the best hamburgers I've ever had, and I enjoyed a cucumber martini. Great waiter named Gene took care of us. Manager Jonathan McCauley checked in on us several times while we waited for our room. Jonathan made a very special effort to call us by our names, check in with us frequently - he was great!!

Our biggest glitch was waiting for our luggage. Robbie at the front desk said our bags would arrive in "about 5 minutes." 3 calls and 35 minutes later, bags arrived. This is summertime - I don't how they handle the bags and gear in the winter.

We had an Astor Suite, which has 2 fireplaces, a wonderful bathroom, 2 sets of sliding glass doors, and one roomy balcony. It also has a full kitchen! The Astor comes with butler service, of which we did not partake, but it includes packing and unpacking services, and French pressed coffee service in the morning. I didn't quite get the value added by the butler service...

Room service provided fast, delicious meals and drinks. Excellent room service. The other things I really liked were 1) outstandingly comfortable bed, 2) very quiet. I never heard one door or anyone walking and talking in the hallways. The walls and doors must be made of steel because it is very quiet! 3) Very fast elevators. Never waited more than a few seconds for an elevator.

The staff at the St Regis is outstanding - special shout outs to Stacy in the bar, Ariel with room service, and Dawn, a banquet server. My favorite person was Dominick - one of the nice drivers who will take you anywhere you wish to go.

The views are stunning, the air is crisp and clean. We will return to this property in the snow season because the staff and the hotel are fantastic. I do hope, however, St Regis will get with the program and not charge a daily wifi fee. When spending $650+ a night, to add on a daily wifi charge fee is pathetic.

I recommend this hotel highly, just be sure to take your bags to your room yourself so you avoid waiting and waiting and waiting......

Room Tip: We stayed on the mountain and pool side. If you want more of a view of the area, ask for the other...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friends and I went to have a late afternoon drink on the patio of the St. Regis Hotel in Deer Valley because we heard the view was fantastic. While the view was great, the service was even better. Jennie W was our server. My friends weren't sure if they would like a certain wine. Jennie brought the bottle out and let them taste it first. We enjoyed pleasant but not intrusive conversation with Jennie. She was so informative about the hotel and restaurant there. She shared the restaurant menu with us and even took care of making a dinner reservation for us at our request! Such a nice experience and it was all because of Jennie W. If you go, you must request her so you can experience what we did. Really fantastic!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Outstanding hotel that surpasses every level of what you expect from a 5 star lodging. Magnificent room views of majestic mountains with crystal clear air and bluest skies. True comfort in all aspects of furnishings especially the great beds , sofa and club chairs. Perfect understated décor in all the fabrics , carpeting, and artwork. Beautiful lobby and pool area that is kept spotless and inviting day and night. The level of service from the dedicated employees who are always ready to take care of all your needs is something which in the reminiscent of the finest Oriental resorts. Special mentions and thanx to Amy, Jordan, Amanda and Sean . Every where we walked around this grand edifice, there was this feeling of warmth and serenity , which is hard to describe. Kudos to the architects and interior designers for a job well done!!. Looking forward to coming back soon, and keep up the great work!!.
One small gripe, for the guests arriving after midnight (like we did from the east coast) , please have a clear sign indicating where to contact the hotel manager to arrange your checking in process with your luggage needs .

Room Tip: any room or suite will satisfy here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SLC Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have been here a couple of times and always very good. This past weekend we went up and rented a deluxe suite for a special occasion. The staff was superb in all aspects of every request. On top of that, they sent up a bottle of wine and a card signed by the staff. The rooms are the best. The maid service and turndown services are an "11". Same with the front desk staff. The suite was beautiful with all the amenities you could ask for. The hotel also will take you to local restaurants and pick you up. This is probably the best hotel I have every stayed in and we have traveled pretty extensively in Europe as well. The spa is the best spa in Deer Valley with a great fitness center. You just cannot find a better property.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view. Spend the money for a larger suite, well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

No exaggeration on this one. One of my best hotel stays ever! Checked in and realized we didn't book a balcony room. Called the front desk. They moved us within 15 minutes and then sent a bottle of Caymus Pinot to the room apologizing for taking so long. WOW! That was the beginning of a "flawless stay". This place stands out from all the rest and not just because your another 500 feet above every other hotel, the service was outstanding! I'm critical of hotels (probably because I'm in the travel business) and the only suggestion I can make for improvement is to wash the Escalades that they use to transport guests back and forth to Main Street (or wherever). This is an awesome amenity (complimentary) but a daily cleaning wouldn't hurt. That's it. Highly recommend this hotel....and if you stay, make sure you try their famous 745 Bloody Mary.

Room Tip: Great views from all rooms. Choose a balcony if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Excellent room with spectacular mountain views all around. The staff was attentive and treated us like royalty. I'm not used to being pampered they way they did.

The food was fantastic. Some items, in fact, were the best I have ever eaten. Great wine selection too. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I just had another great visit at the St Regis Deer Valley! I arrived very late on my arrival night due to flight delays, and the front desk agent actually met me at the door anticipating my arrival. He asked me about my travel and when I mentioned that I was tired and famished he offered a complimentary "picnic" dinner sent to my room since it was after normal room service hours. It was exactly what I needed!
I also wanted to mention Kylie in the J&G Restaurant- she waited on me for breakfast on my first day and when I returned the following day she not only remembered me but remembered my dining preferences. It is the little things like this that make the property stand out- especially in comparison to the local competition.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business