This was our first visit to Utah for a friend's 50th birthday party. The St Regis is a beautiful property perched high on a mountain all by itself.
We took a cab from the airport, and the driver didn't know the correct entrance to the hotel. We had to take the funicular up to the 2nd level, then an elevator down to the 1st floor with our luggage. Our suite wasn't ready, so we put our bags in storage and headed to the bar. We shared one of the best hamburgers I've ever had, and I enjoyed a cucumber martini. Great waiter named Gene took care of us. Manager Jonathan McCauley checked in on us several times while we waited for our room. Jonathan made a very special effort to call us by our names, check in with us frequently - he was great!!
Our biggest glitch was waiting for our luggage. Robbie at the front desk said our bags would arrive in "about 5 minutes." 3 calls and 35 minutes later, bags arrived. This is summertime - I don't how they handle the bags and gear in the winter.
We had an Astor Suite, which has 2 fireplaces, a wonderful bathroom, 2 sets of sliding glass doors, and one roomy balcony. It also has a full kitchen! The Astor comes with butler service, of which we did not partake, but it includes packing and unpacking services, and French pressed coffee service in the morning. I didn't quite get the value added by the butler service...
Room service provided fast, delicious meals and drinks. Excellent room service. The other things I really liked were 1) outstandingly comfortable bed, 2) very quiet. I never heard one door or anyone walking and talking in the hallways. The walls and doors must be made of steel because it is very quiet! 3) Very fast elevators. Never waited more than a few seconds for an elevator.
The staff at the St Regis is outstanding - special shout outs to Stacy in the bar, Ariel with room service, and Dawn, a banquet server. My favorite person was Dominick - one of the nice drivers who will take you anywhere you wish to go.
The views are stunning, the air is crisp and clean. We will return to this property in the snow season because the staff and the hotel are fantastic. I do hope, however, St Regis will get with the program and not charge a daily wifi fee. When spending $650+ a night, to add on a daily wifi charge fee is pathetic.
I recommend this hotel highly, just be sure to take your bags to your room yourself so you avoid waiting and waiting and waiting......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah