“Very impressed” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

No exaggeration on this one. One of my best hotel stays ever! Checked in and realized we didn't book a balcony room. Called the front desk. They moved us within 15 minutes and then sent a bottle of Caymus Pinot to the room apologizing for taking so long. WOW! That was the beginning of a "flawless stay". This place stands out from all the rest and not just because your another 500 feet above every other hotel, the service was outstanding! I'm critical of hotels (probably because I'm in the travel business) and the only suggestion I can make for improvement is to wash the Escalades that they use to transport guests back and forth to Main Street (or wherever). This is an awesome amenity (complimentary) but a daily cleaning wouldn't hurt. That's it. Highly recommend this hotel....and if you stay, make sure you try their famous 745 Bloody Mary.

Room Tip: Great views from all rooms. Choose a balcony if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

510 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Excellent room with spectacular mountain views all around. The staff was attentive and treated us like royalty. I'm not used to being pampered they way they did.

The food was fantastic. Some items, in fact, were the best I have ever eaten. Great wine selection too. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I just had another great visit at the St Regis Deer Valley! I arrived very late on my arrival night due to flight delays, and the front desk agent actually met me at the door anticipating my arrival. He asked me about my travel and when I mentioned that I was tired and famished he offered a complimentary "picnic" dinner sent to my room since it was after normal room service hours. It was exactly what I needed!
I also wanted to mention Kylie in the J&G Restaurant- she waited on me for breakfast on my first day and when I returned the following day she not only remembered me but remembered my dining preferences. It is the little things like this that make the property stand out- especially in comparison to the local competition.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We sprung for a night at the St. Regis after high recommendation from my boss. Within a half hour of checking in, we booked our second night! The hotel, amenities, service and staff were truly amazing. The champagne sabering is a sight to behold...we even liked riding the funicular from the valet station. You can get some great rates in off-season and I will definitely squeeze this out of my budget the next time I'm in Park City. There's a TV IN the bathroom mirror for goodness sake! Go on, do it. You'll be glad you did.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Beautiful property. Nice end to a week long Utah girls trip. Our room was very nice. Bed was a little hard but otherwise ok. The place was almost empty. We wondered why we did not get a room with a better view. We had requested one. Otherwise we loved the place. We ate many meals here and all were pretty good. The bartenders were very freindly and gave great service. We had breakfast delivered to our room. It was fantastic. Room service was great at all times. Pool area was nice. The spa was great! Massage was wonderful! If you are willing to spend the money this is a nice place to stay with great service!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a one night getaway for my wife and I. We live nearby and have had the chance to stay is several hotels in the area. We stayed here in May -- off season and there were only a few guests. We stayed in a standard room. This hotel was beautiful. The location is great. The staff was friendly. The room was clean and the bathroom was really cool with a large tub, large double sink and beautiful tile. Most rooms seemed to have their own large balcony. There were no negatives. In terms of value for the money, we got a good deal but my wife and I both remarked that it was probably our second choice for the Park City area, and the normal rates for our room would probably only make sense for the ski-in, ski-out convenience (which is fabulous by the way). There may be other benefits during the ski season that we did not see - such as additional personal services, atmosphere, family activities, connecting suites, snowy mountain views, etc. We did self-parking and took the funicular - which for us was actually a plus rather than a negative, but I could see how it could be a problem if you had a lot of trips. So if you like or expect Starwood level services and decor, and are willing to pay for the great ski location and facilities, it would be a great choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I still have nightmares about how awful our stay was at the St. Regis Deer Valley where we stayed in the last week of December 2012 and over New Years 2013 and I am still apologizing to my spouse for booking this stay. Do NOT Confuse this resort with the top to bottom fantastic service of the Montage. To begin with, although our room was over $1800 per night, we couldn't get anyone to clean our room-- no, I'm not kidding. In addition, you should know that the St. Regis has 3 levels of service-- (1) For the residents who own condos ( many private parties in the lobby which " hotel guests" may not attend) (2) Suite/Butler Service (very expensive, more than $1800 per night) and (3) those of us paying $1800 (plus tax and resort fews) who receive awful service such as; (1) Van drivers who take you into town who can't find the restaurants you are attending ON MAIN STREET who tell you "Sorry, can't find it-- you hop out and find it) in freezing weather: (2) Rooms that the staff will NOT CLEAN!! (3) The nastiest and least helpful ski pass people on the planet; (4) DIRTY Plates with SMASHED FOOD on it at the VERY EXPENSivE BREAKFAST BUFFET (I had to track down my own clean plant without smashed food stuck to it); (5) The rudest and least helpful staff management on the planet. It's important to note that the St. Regis is at a very high altitude, and that they do everything to hide that fact, so if you are subject to altitude sickness do not stay there. Having stayed at 3 different St. Regis Hotel's now, I can tell you that the St. Regis model is one in which you pay top dollar and get absolutely nothing for it-- unless you are willing to pay ridiculous additional fees for such things as Water.. In addition, when you are at the St. Regis Deer Valley, you are absolutely captive-- high on a mountain by yourself-- so if you should want something like a cup of coffee or snack item , there is absolutely no place to get it except in their uber uber expensive and terribly staffed store/snack area, which is resentfully run by some foreign students who (1) Barely speak English and (2) Don't want to be there and absolutely (3) Don't wan't to work. BTW, it does appear that the St. Regis Deer Valley has some sort of 'exchange" program taking place with some foreign Hotel management school so a majority of the staff-- who didn't want to work-- were individuals who either (1) could not answer your questions or (2) Did not want to answer your questions or (3) Didn't understand that they had an obligation to answer your questions. This is a problem when you are attempting to make a dinner reservation or attempting to discover when/where they took your ski equipment. Finally, it's important to understand that just because they have named these resort properties with a regal sounding name and made you pay top dollar to be there, the St. Regis has created a financial model for their properties which is one worst valued that I have ever seen for the guest/customer. Yes, you receive the honor of staying in an isolated place with a pretty sounding name and --yes-- you get the honor of paying $1800+ per night. But it is doubtful that you will receive (1) A clean room; (2) The items that you requested to be in your room when you booked the room (too much work for the staff) (3) Clean plates in the restaurant; (4) Any member of the staff/management who cares about your experience of even something simple like clean rooms or clean plates. Lastly, DO NOT EVER BOOK ON-LINE- if you do, you will be stuck and there is no chance EVER that you will receive a refund or anything off of the amount you have pre-paid, even if you receive the worst room/experience/staff that you have ever received in a hotel. That is not the ST. Regis model-- they only care about delivering as little as possible and making you pay top dollar.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!