“In one word "Amazing"” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Provo, Utah
“In one word "Amazing"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

From the moment we arrived for our stay, to the day we left, the experience was amazing! We have a small baby so instead of riding the funicular up the mountain, they drove us up to the resort. They then took our baggage to our room as we check-in and then told us about hours/times of pool, told us about the room, etc. They usually referred to us by Mr. and our last name which was impressive. The hotel itself was beautiful, clean, quite and so nice. We swam in the heated pool and just relaxed for the weekend. I highly recommend a visit.
This was a free trip for us as my employer sent us there through a work competition so I don't know what the cost was but I was impressed with everything.

Room Tip: As high as possible but any of them are wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've been to many excellent hotels, but the St. Regis Deer Valley is in its own category. If you love to ski (or even if you don't) and are looking for luxury, this is the place to go. Amazing food, views, staff, location on the mountain, spa -- Amazing everything. This hotel is all about the special touches to make guests visits memorable. I can't recommend this hotel enough, it is fabulous.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Fairfax County, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went to the St. Regis for winter break and loved it. Upon entry, the kids received gift bags filled with many interesting items and cupcakes in our room. The ski-in ski-out access is definitely a benefit, and every day there would be an extensive and delicious hot-chocolate bar in the lobby. Although the breakfast was a little pricey, it was still tasty. The many events that the hotel offered were also appealing, like a hotel competition of Nastar racing, and a sugar house building contest (which we won). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went with my husband on a work trip and we were blown away. Gorgeous property, delicious food, and stunning views. The daily hot cocoa bar was a nice touch too. It would be great for a couples trip or a ski vacation. We will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband had a work conference here, so we took the kids along. Amazing hotel. The staff were so helpful and courteous. The hotel is beautiful and the kids loved riding the funicular up and down. At night they brought cookies and milk to our rooms and were always willing to find anything we needed for us. Loved our stay and look forward to staying there again in June.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Frequently pictures speak louder than words. However, in the case of the St. Regis Deer Crest, even pictures are inadequate in describing the intimate luxury that awaits you. I spent three delightful days exploring every nook and cranny of this spacious mountain retreat and cozying up to the fire, even when the temperature outside didn't warrant it. There is something to tempt everyone at the St. Regis Deer Crest. Whether it's a day of pampering in one of the eleven treatment rooms at the 14,000 square foot world-class Reméde Spa, a getaway in the family suite with ski-in ski-out access to Deer Valley Resort, the #1 ski resort in North America four years running, or an unforgettable meal at the J & G Grill, where the food and beverage is "Local in content, global in reach." There truly is something for everyone at the St. Regis.
Throughout my stay one common thread of conversation with other guests was how amazingly delicious (and affordable) the dishes at the J & G Grill were. Every single dish was scrumptious. In fact, I was sorely disappointed that I couldn't try everything on the menu. The food is divine and well worth the stay alone. However, what really sets St. Regis Deer Crest apart from other establishments, and what transformed me from a guest to a raving fan wanting to promote them to everyone I meet, were the stellar people who work there. These are people passionate about what they do and that passion is contagious. They took time with me during my stay to ensure I felt welcome and comfortable. They are people who touch the lives and make a difference for every guest they meet. People like Restaurant General Manager, Scott Cochran, who spent time answering questions and led us around as we explored the indoor and outdoor dining facilities. Difference makers like Drew Congino who walked me through the wine vault with its 4000+ sommelier-chosen bottles of wine and eloquently likened being in the room, with its plush red and black leather seats and dark woods, to "Living in a glass of merlot." He is a well spoken and informed young man who patiently spent time answering my numerous questions regarding the history behind, and various ingredients in, the assorted dishes I was eating, the St. Regis, Deer Valley, and wine pairings.
Chef Chip is the master behind the "World's Best melt-in-your-mouth savor-the-taste-as-long-as-possible steak" I have ever eaten. He knows his clientele and painstakingly chooses the best aged meat cuts from the best steakhouses and fresh garden ingredients from various local vendors.
(I will have to make a return trip to taste the famed dishes of Chef de Cuisine Matthew Harris.)

Two thumbs up for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was our first trip to Park City & we've been to several different ski resorts all over the country. We flew in from East coast & west coast and we all felt welcomed from the minute we were picked up at the airport. We debated over St. Regis and Montage. Huge fan of Montage resorts but so glad that we chose St. Regis. One day we visited Montage and it was too sleepy of an environment. The staff at Montage reciprocated the environment. We ate, left and said "let's go back HOME" to the St. Regis. Both top quality amenities, but the staff at the St. Regis is what made the difference of the experience. They were always engaging with all guests which is refreshing when you visit top level resorts. No stuffiness here, just pure class with a personalized touch. We had a bad experience at Stein Erickson (we were shocked) since it came so highly recommended, and we said "time to go HOME" again. We wanted the "full" Park City experience so we definitely ventured out. EACH time we came back to the St. Regis, we felt like we were "home". Don't know why we left so much... because every minute we were at the St. Regis it was top notch!

We had to wait for our room, and can't complain when you had thee most spectacular view by the Grill. The bar manager, Johnathon noticed we were there for a couple of hours and checked on our room for us. Honestly, we didn't mind, we knew we were early and a bottle of champagne & great food with a view was worth the wait! He offered us a round of drinks as a courtesy even though we told he didn't need to. Johnathon's knowledge of the area and wine was so refreshing to hear. I could tell he truly wanted our group to have a great first Park City experience. Sten waited on us for a long time (he probably wanted us to leave) but he never let our flutes run dry and never made us feel rushed to leave.

Checking in... THOMAS... what can I say, that constant smile and beaming personable demeanor made us feel welcomed EVERY time we stepped back onto the St. Regis property. He offered assistance when I didn't know I needed assistance!

Transportation - you do not need a rental car! The shuttle service at the St. Regis was excellent. Way beyond what I expected! Joon - thank you and your staff for always arranging our shuttle for us even when we were in town and needed to get back! I could hear him over the radio asking the driver if we were picked up, how does he remember where everyone is? We left our phone at a lounge in town and Rob went back to retrieve it for us after hours. Beyond the call of duty, just a nice guy!

Accommodations - impeccable details & prompt service for every thing we could ask for and beyond. Adam was our butler and his un-waivering desire to offer his services was prompt. Very detail oriented and prompt to follow-up with our requests. Never flinched with our requests or what he walked into our room with :-) Our friend was sick & stayed in our room for most of the trip unfortunately. Adam took great care of her and let her rest a bit later with a late check out. Even after we checked out of our room and enjoying our last sunset he came down to say a warm good-bye! We truly enjoyed his company and respected his dedication to his service. He took care of our ski rental needs & answered our million questions about Park City. When we come back (we will for sure) we're requesting him!

I like to check out top level resorts before I suggest/book for my high profile clients. They need top level service with privacy. A famous actor was staying at the St. Regis when we were there and I loved the fact that it was difficult to determine what he was doing when. He blended in with everyone and the guests made it easy for him to enjoy his family. That type of comfort level starts from the leadership of the mgmt down to the service providers on site. Will definitely put it on my list for my clients.

Ski in/out - I board so we took a shuttle over to Canyons where the craziness was. Fun runs but was jealous I couldn't get some runs in the St. Regis back yard! My friend skiis and she thought the in/out was top notch. You could literally sit in the jacuzzi / pool area and see people ski by! The pool is warm, 84! Bathwater! Even in winter!

St. Regis sets up the environment for families / couples / singles to enjoy the property and each other. From their nightly hot chocolate bar in the library, the champagne charging demonstration at sunset, to smores fireside! Honestly, the adults enjoyed the smores more than the kids. What a nice ice-breaker to meet new people. You can be as private and quiet or as social as you want at the St. Regis. Our group was 4 singles and we definitely found our own fun. Guests were very nice and friendly and not stuffy. I believe that all starts from the time you set into the St. Regis with the friendly precedence of the staff.

I think this is the best St. Regis I've visited. We'll be back St. Regis! My Montage days are questionable now.

Room Tip: the suites with walk out balconys are amazing and quiet. I think there should be a "family...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!