“Great luxury, but cannot give a 5” 4 of 5 stars

3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lafayette, CA
“Great luxury, but cannot give a 5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The St. Regis Deer Valley will eventually be a legend. I experienced great staff and service 100% of the time. The rooms were very, very nice. My only "but," would be the view out of my window..I got news for you: If you happen to get a room on the entrance side, the views are less than spectacular. I looked at the driveway and the 75 foot retaining wall (which is impressive from an engineer's point of view, but not that, ummm, "scenic"). And JG's restaurant is solid, but for the price, you may be expecting something a little more creative, memorable. Lunch at the St. Regis Bar is as good as everyone says, which is "excellent." Will I return? Yes, of course, but I would book a room on the other side of the hotel and most likely head down into town and explore some other dining options.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Winchester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our visit to the St Regis, Deer Valley began with a fun and scenic ride up their private funicular and greeting by their warm and welcoming staff. We four female family members ranging from 72 to 5 came during spring vacation week at the recommendation of my husband who had very favorable experiences at several business conferences. The hotel exceeded my very high expectations. The pool and hot tubs were out of this world. The ski in/ski out convenience was great for the skiers, the varied and comfortable hang out spots were great for the non-skiers, and the children's programming was phenomenal. Apres ski, the wave of children's activities (hot chocolate, yoga, craft activities, board games at the front desk, s'mores by the fire and more) brought children together so they are able to make friends. There was childcare and we were able to enjoy a meal at the delicious bar with lovely views over the slopes. The restaurant is run by Jean George, so you can imagine how fantastic it is. I am looking forward to coming back on a girls weekend to try out the amazing looking spa, watch the ceremony in which they open champagne with a saber, and attend the luscious looking reception for Starwood Preferred Guests. Or maybe I should come for a romantic tryst with my husband, since he did introduce me to this heavenly place after all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

What can I say, they help you put on your ski boots and then they help take them off. I never wanted to leave! The St Regis service is amazing. They rooms are luxurious and comfortable. There is enough room to relax. All of the extras you expect from a 5 star hotel are in the room. My shower had some problems, I called, and it was fixed. I wanted to fed ex a box that was untaped and semi falling apart, I called, and they picked it up, taped it, addressed it and sent it. I ordered a car, it was there. Room service was quick and the food was good. The lobby area, the library, the grill, everything, was first class.

Room Tip: My room faced the front driveway and was on a low level so it wasn't perfect in that respect, bu...
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the St. Regis over the Christmas holiday. Upon arriving in the lobby from the very unique finicular entrance, the staff was warm, helpful & friendly. The property is stunning with a mammoth fireplace sitting-reading are off the lobby area. The massive floor to ceiling windows give a fantastic view of the slopes. At dusk there is a champagne ritual on the patio where a gentleman, standing up on a large boulder, pops out the cork from the bottle of chamagne with his sabre then pours champagne for everyone. The rooms are beautiful with all the amenities and comfort you would expect.This is a wonderful, relaxing hotel with superior services.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I do an all guys ski trip to Park City every year. Usually when we go to Deer Valley, we go to, Stein's for Après, but I have been trying to convince the guys to go to the Regis. This was our first year.

Après: seven of us in this years group. I arrived with 3 others and secured a table and the rest followed about 15 minutes later. We skied to the resort which was easier than I expected from Mt Baldy. Since is was for Après, we took the funicular down, which was very convenient. I ordered the mussels and they were so good, we ordered multiple orders. They are fantastic. We also ordered additional bread for the mussels since the sauce was amazing. I highly recommend the Bloody Mary and the Ginger Margarita. They were both great! We had Après on the deck (which you ski up to) and the setting was awesome. The sun was out. I have convinced the group that this will be our yearly Après when skiing Deer Valley.

Lunch: We came back to Deer Vally one other day and our group separated due to various ski levels. I was with a couple of kids (lol 20 somethings) and convinced them to go to the Regis for lunch.....twisted their arms. ha.....I had the cod sandwich and it was crispy and tasty. My friends had the Burger and Grilled Chicken sandwich. I got good reviews for the burger, but the Grilled Chicken sandwich was dry. Of Course, we started out with Mussels!!!

One last thing. Bradley was our server for Après and he was fantastic. He made great food and drink recommendations and had a great attitude. Thanks Bradley for taking such great care of our group of lecherous guys.....The scenery is amazing there and I am not just talking about the mountains!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was here for one night on business. As soon as I arrived with a large group of individuals, there was a line to check in. Seamlessly, more staff arrived, offering water and helping speed up the check in. I drank my water in 30 seconds due to altitude and the flight. Right on cue, a staff member asked to switch my empty bottle around. My key didn't work, so I was angry and told them my key didn't work. The gentlemen was very helpful and had a new key made and came up with me to my room. Turns out my key did work and I'm an idiot, but he didn't belabor the point just kept aplogizing. Went to the bar and grill and ate outside right on the slopes. It was beautiful. The waitress was slammed but was so sweet and attentive. The mussels were great as was the skirt steak. The room was immaculate and well-laid out. I stayed on the second floor with a view of the parking lot. Not great, but not bad. My shower light didn't work, but I didn't realize it until I was butt naked and ready to get in. So when I called down they were going to send an engineer. I was like, better not, but fix it for the next guy. The food at my business meetings was fantastic. If you are a business hosting a conference, it doesn't get better. My only regret is that I didn't sign up for the 02 therapy at the spa or at least go to the shop and by oxygen as I got a nasty case of altitude sickness. I guess that's why the kept giving me water to drink around every corner. I will definitley stay here again and will try to bring my wife back with me.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We spent part of trip at the Montage and part at the St Regis. Both are great but no question if you have kids in ski school the st Regis is easier. If your kids are able to ski greens and blues you can easily ski out and not have to deal with shuttles.

The resort itself is very nice. We had a 1 bedroom suite and our two kids slept on a pull out. This was perfect. Didnt have a chance to check out the spa but will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!