“Spectacular!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
andover, ma
“Spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel is spectacular. The common areas and rooms are beautiful and the service is beyond amazing. We got a great rate due to it being off season. I wish it was always that price so I could stay there more often.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Went to a conference and loved every minute of it. Favorite: sitting in the bar near the fireplace. Our room was immaculate and large with a balcony facing the slopes and overlooking the pools. My wife and I were impressed by the entire three-day stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is not a typical St. Regis, I could not believe what a mess this hotel is, from the funicular, to the limited menu at the restaurant, to not having turn down service, this hotel misses the mark on almost all counts! The only thing this hotel has right, is their staff that was apologetic for not having turn down service, and enthusiastic to help. The concierge was great, she was very helpful when she was on staff, which was not all the time. The menu was so very limited, they had beef, fish or chicken, that was it! I am not sure if it because it was "off season" but their menu was certainly off. I asked for a plate of sautéed vegetables and I got a plate of pickled vegetables with a giant slab of tofu! Yuck, I had already tried the chicken the night before and was dry, and I did not want to have steak again. This hotel, is not user friendly and if you are handicap I would steer clear of this hotel, you have to go up to go down to go up, it is all very confusing. I would much prefer to stay at the Stein Ericksen Lodge or one of the other hotels.

Room Tip: We were in room 417 which had a limited view and no balcony. The window on the right did not open.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Switzerland, Fla.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Driving up to Park City after a "day visit" in Salt Lake City, we noticed how different the landscape looked from our travels in Colorado the same time last year. Utah has the Wasatch Mt., Range,which is west of the Rockies. Apparently the state does not have alot of evergreen trees. Colorado was layered in green, with beautiful trunks of aspen trees glistening in the reflection of the snow. Utah is layered in brown in October. Nonetheless, we were anxious to arrrive in Deer Valley, after our 10 day road trip "out West", and enjoyed the easy 30 min.drive.
We followed Garmin directions to the address of the St. Regis, and were extremely surprised to find out that we have to park our car at the "foot of the mountain", then take a funicular up the hillside to the hotel. Did not know this! Reminded me of when we were in Venice and had to take a boat to our hotel.
The building adjacent to the parking lot is a mini-replica of the hotel. They have two small lovely sitting areas, and a "front desk". The staff here was helpful and friendly. They helped us unload our suitcases, and directed us to the funicular, informing us that our bags would be brought up in a van. This was a very unique way to enter a hotel!
We walked past the bar, restaurant, and outdoor patio, then down some grand stairs to a gorgeous lobby. Since the hotel was practically empty, the hotel staff was "all over us" with superb service. Our bags were waiting for us after we checked in, and we took an elevator to our 3rd floor room. Should have requested a room on a higher floor, but didn't feel like complaining. We were told that it is a St. Regis Tradition to have a champagne decorking, with a sword, every evening at 6:30 P.M. We bundled up and headed for the outside patio. The bartender was standing on some lava rocks, bottle "in hand", and explained the history of the use of champagne for special ceremonies/events. The sword follows the seam on the label-POP! Then a glass of bubbly for the 6 of us in attendance.
By now it was about 8:00( we lingered outside, then had a cocktail in the bar) and we wanted to go into town for dinner. A van took us to the restaurant of our choice, dropped us off, then prompty picked us up when we called the hotel number. Very nice service.
The hotel lobby is grand, and has a huge fireplace in the center. Enormous glass windows view out to the ski slopes. This hotel looks almost like a replica of the Hyatt in Beaver Creek. There are smaller, more intimate rooms, and a library, adjacent to the lobby , which can be closed off with sliding doors for private parties.
Our room was very nice, but rather small. The view we had was of the front driveway, and two brown hills. Nothing to say "ahhhh" about. The bed was comfy, and the sheets soft. The bathroom had a soaking tub, and louvered shutters separating it from the bedroom. The mirror over the sinks had a television embedded in it. The toilet had a phone on the wall. Everything was clean and nice, but again, nothing extra special for a hotel of this stature.
Our second day was spent driving around the Park city area, in our rental car. We took the very fun, funicular down the hill to our car, and drove out to the Olympic Park Museum, after stopping for espressos and bread pudding at a small deli down the street. The museum was extremely interesting and we learned alot about the winter olympics.
Then we drove to the downtown Main St. area, and had a superb lunch at The Eating Establishment, found one liquor store(all gov't owned in Utah) to buy a bottle of wine, and headed back to our lovely St. Regis Hotel. We chose to have our car self-parked, so we were not charged for that. 'Back up" the hill to the hotel, with a fun view of some condos and ski slopes below. By now it was almost time for the champagne decorking, so we took our glasses of wine down to the ceremony, which we enjoyed again, and then sat and watched a beautiful sunset. The outdoor area has a "rock garden", and gas flames over an extended area, surrounded by a transparent fence-it was a magical evening. Clear skies, full moon, flickering flames, cozy bench seats, Romance galore!!
Our plan was to go back into town for dinner, but since we had a late lunch, and were very mellow, we decided to eat at the St. Regis, even though I did not want to. The menu was very limited, and I only saw two things I would eat-Gazpacho soup, and Feta/spinach pizza, and the prices were sky high. We were leaving the next day to fly to Florida, and still needed to pack, so we opted to stay at the St. Regis and eat there afterall.
The restaurant was beautiful, and the service impeccable. When I didn't see the Feta/Spainach pizza on the menu, the server stated that the chef had just changed the menu. All new choices were very heavy on meat, and fusion food. When I inquired about the pizza, the chef said he woud make it for me. It was very good, as was my salad, and our wine. The atmosphere there is stunning, and I felt like we had the entire place to ourselves. The service was great, and the food good. The menu needs to be expanded and tweeked to include more "veggie" dishes.
The only negative thing I can say about our stay here is that the morning we were to leave for the Salt Lake City airport, which was our last day at the St. Regis, we went downstairs to the business room to print our boarding passes and check our emails. The room key allowed us access to this room, but we had to pay $7.50 for 15 minues on the computer. The same "scam" as the JW Marriott in Vegas. Charging customers to use the internet is a real "low blow", and not professional.
We enjoyed our first stay at a St. Regis, and reveled in the luxury and great service.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room on a high floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, NYf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm a NYer who left lack of power and water following Hurricane Sandy to come to previously planned weekend in Park City. The hotel is lovely, albeit rather vacant during this off season period, and as I booked through Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts, I got a sensational room upgrade. Big thumbs up for comfy tub and mirror that doubles as a TV in the bathroom, as well as for the complimentary chocolate truffles (part of the Amex deal, I suppose). The room service was impeccable, the staff on point, and the bed very comfy. When I was irked about a snafu with my car in the morning, I found sparking wine, more chocolate, and a thoughtful handwritten note awaiting me that night. VERY impressed! My only criticism is that I was surprised to see the $25/day charge for valet service on my bill. I wasn't aware of anywhere else to park and I didn't see any posting indicating there was an alternative. I don't mind spending money, but I do mind surprise additional charges.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Quite honestly the best experience I have ever had at a hotel! Everyone, I mean everyone, went above and beyond to ensure our stay was exceptional. From Joye and Lauren in sales to Robbie and the entire front desk staff, Bravo! Honestly, I wish I had everyone's names to point out how much I appreciated their attention to detail and customer service. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous and well maintained but the service was the real winner. I hope everyone will have the chance to experience the St Regis in Deer Valley

• Stayed August 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Lovely hotel and staff who simply couldn't do enough for us.
Just the sheer quality of everything- linen, furniture, floors etc. blew me away.
Guy in the bar on Minday evening was great. Re-opened the bar for us and was just generally very pleasant and friendly.
And the view from my room was stellar.
Liked Park City too- it seemed to have some soul.
Just want to go back when the ski season is on now !!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!