“Shelter from the Storm....” 5 of 5 stars

3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York, NYf
“Shelter from the Storm....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm a NYer who left lack of power and water following Hurricane Sandy to come to previously planned weekend in Park City. The hotel is lovely, albeit rather vacant during this off season period, and as I booked through Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts, I got a sensational room upgrade. Big thumbs up for comfy tub and mirror that doubles as a TV in the bathroom, as well as for the complimentary chocolate truffles (part of the Amex deal, I suppose). The room service was impeccable, the staff on point, and the bed very comfy. When I was irked about a snafu with my car in the morning, I found sparking wine, more chocolate, and a thoughtful handwritten note awaiting me that night. VERY impressed! My only criticism is that I was surprised to see the $25/day charge for valet service on my bill. I wasn't aware of anywhere else to park and I didn't see any posting indicating there was an alternative. I don't mind spending money, but I do mind surprise additional charges.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Quite honestly the best experience I have ever had at a hotel! Everyone, I mean everyone, went above and beyond to ensure our stay was exceptional. From Joye and Lauren in sales to Robbie and the entire front desk staff, Bravo! Honestly, I wish I had everyone's names to point out how much I appreciated their attention to detail and customer service. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous and well maintained but the service was the real winner. I hope everyone will have the chance to experience the St Regis in Deer Valley

• Stayed August 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Lovely hotel and staff who simply couldn't do enough for us.
Just the sheer quality of everything- linen, furniture, floors etc. blew me away.
Guy in the bar on Minday evening was great. Re-opened the bar for us and was just generally very pleasant and friendly.
And the view from my room was stellar.
Liked Park City too- it seemed to have some soul.
Just want to go back when the ski season is on now !!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband & I visited the St. Regis for 3 nights this week. We rode the one of a kind funicular to the top to be greeted by Mike. He treated us like we were the only guests in the place. This hotel is pure luxury with amazing views and accomodations. What makes it even more special is the amazing staff. If you need anything they are there to help. It is first choice for accomodations in Park City. Give them a try you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room on the 6th floor with a fireplace, terrace and great view. There was no room no...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary in August and we were pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed riding up the funicular it makes it feel like you are going to an exclusive location. We didn't leave the resort but they do have a shuttle service if you need to get into town and don't want to get your car in and out of the valet service. The hotel layout is a bit hard to get used to and hard to find things but once you walk through it once you should be able to find everything. They do charge $25 for the valet service but it is worth it. They have some really fun traditions at the St. Regis. Every night before sunset they do the "fire sabering" I think that is what they called it. This is an old tradition dating back to Napoleon's time, it is a way of welcoming the guests. They take a sword and cut the top of the Champaign bottle clean off and even though we don't drink they do pass around glasses of champaign for everyone present. They also do smores at around 8:30 by one of the fire pits. That was really fun, there may be more kids doing that but we didn't mind. The rooms were very clean and the turndown service was appreciated. I can't report on the restaurant as we didn't eat there. It is worth the visit in any season winter or summer.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a fireplace it is worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel is amazing - a little hard to get the layout of the lobbies and common space and the upper lodge and the lower lodge, but once you've gone thru it a few times it's really not that hard. The service was a amazing. The views and ammenties were outstanding. We especially liked the fireplace in our room and the TV in the bathroom mirror. If you're not staying with someone you are intimate with, the lack of privacy in the bathroom might be an issue.

But the chauffered service to main street, Park City was much appriciated. All of the valets, servers and front desk agents took the time to learn our names and provide exceptional service to us.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is key to getting around the resort - try to get a room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This resort competes with the best mountain retreats anywhere. Outstanding staff, service and rooms. The facilities are as good as advertised. I would say the restaurant was below standard for a hotel of this caliber. The pool and fire areas are up to par.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!