“Great hotel, expensive but really worth it.” 5 of 5 stars

3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
SLC Utah
“Great hotel, expensive but really worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

What a great hotel. More important the staff will do just about anything for you. The management and staff are running at 150%. No kidding. Now, all the rooms are the same, with different views, so don't wast your money on a "grand deluxe" because it is the same as any standard room. Not rally any and views on the property. JG Grill is very good, have the short ribs. Have the house special bloody mary, $18.00 but you have never tasted anything like it. In the summer the rates are great and the service every bit as good. They will drive you to the restaurants around town and pick you up. Go have fun. Great place.

Room Tip: Just ask for a mountain view with a deck. Get the deck if you go in summer. Enjoy!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed 5 nits in the residence in a 3 bedroom with butler service. Service was great. Treated like a VIP. Rooms were spacious with a full kitchen which we used. Great for family. Expensive. Glad the gratuities were in the bill.

Room Tip: Upgraded us from 2 BR to 3 BR during off season.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NEIL B
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was traveling on business and brought my girlfriend thinking that I would give her the ultimate gift but It was not the right timing.... something was just off at your hotel.... The high price which I am accustom paying is fine but something was just missing. The room was fabulous! The view was amazing! The service is still left to be desireable. There is more to customer service with the right staff but this staff is more stuff shirted than I can say!!! I remembering months ago, having an awesome young lady accommodate to my needs.... to come to find out that she has moved on to bigger and better things.... Maybe I should follow her example as well.... I am sorry but the service is left to be overrated!! This will probably be my first and last time at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Michael B
, General Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Michael B,

I want to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the St. Regis Deer Valley. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your your room and the view, but I am disappointed you experienced areas of shortfall with service.

We strive to provide each guest with a bespoke, memorable experience and the service that you received is not the norm.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss any aspects of your stay further with you and can be contacted at stan.kaminski@stregis.com

Warm Regards,
Stan Kaminski, General Manager
alexandria, virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was my first stay at this particular St. Regis, and I couldn't have been more impressed. Of course, being a St. Regis, the hotel was beautiful and luxurious. But the St. Regis Deer Valley also felt homey and "lodgey," fitting in perfectly in this mountain town. My friend had to cancel at the last minute, but I decided to splurge (with Starwood Points) anyways and treat myself. I'm sooo glad I did. I don't recall seeing anyone else alone as most were there with families, friends, spouses, or significant others. I didn't feel uncomfortable as I often travel on business alone, so I'm used to it, but it sure would have been nice to share all the St. Regis Deer Vally and surrounding area has to offer with someone!

Each time I sat down to dine at the J&G Restaurant, I was warmly welcomed by Patrick Schanze the restaurant manager, who always greeted me by name. The food was delicious and nutritious, and they were very accommodating of my food allergies each time without hesitation or mistakes.

I can't comment on the downhill skiing situation as I no longer downhill ski, but I can provide feedback on the exceptional service provided by Concierge Jeannine Heil, who was extremely helpful in informing me where I might still find x-country skiing centers that were still open (thanks to the 80 plus degree weather we were experiencing, not much snow was left!), as well as hiking & spa recommendations. As I was already going to be over at the Solitude Nordic Center in Little Cottonwood Canyon 1 hr away, Jeannine recommended the Cliff Spa at Snowbird in Big Cottonwood Canyon nearby. I had THE BEST MASSAGE of my life there from Andrey Razuvayev. All of Jeannine's recommendations for dinner in Park City and other activities were spot-on! She went above and beyond to help me enjoy my vacation thoroughly! She truly is a gem!

I stayed in a huge suite complete with two fireplaces and a fully-loaded kitchen. It even came with "butler service." However, with the exception of having tea brought up to my suite that first evening, I never bothered the butler.

Every evening around 4 p.m. they had the most decadent complimentary hot cocoa and hot apple cider in the St. Regis lobby. Every a.m. in the library was a wonderful complimentary assortment of teas and hot coffee. There also was a delicious oatmeal bar ($) where families could get a quick and less expensive breakfast to eat in the library instead of going to J&G Restaurant. Around 7 p.m. or so you could go out by the firepit to roast marshmellows and make smores! Fun fun fun! Little kids and big kids (like me) had a great time with this!

I contemplated moving in permanently into my St. Regis suite, but, alas, my Starwood points ran out and I couldn't stay longer! Actually, I went to the Waldorf Astoria Park City for a few nights (thanks to my Hilton Points), and the Waldorf PALED in comparison to the St. Regis in every aspect - a few examples: the room (the Waldorf's coffee in the room was PAST THE EXPIRATION DATE!); the Waldorf's hot cocoa was horribly watery (like instant you can get at the grocery store); their staff (with the exception of the Concierge and the spa staff) was not hospitable; the St. Regis is closer to Park City than the Waldorf...I could go on and on.

In summary, the St. Regis Deer Valley is a 5-star property w/5-star accommodation, dining, service, and staff! Can't wait to return!

N Pasternak

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank nikkirae
Dear Nikkirae,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your wonderful stay with us. I am delighted to here you enjoyed yourself and we were able to exceed your expectations.

It is our goal at St. Regis Deer Valley to always provide bespoke and uncompromising service of which I am pleased to here Patrick and Jeannine were able to provide.

On behalf of everyone here at St. Regis Deer Valley we thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Stan Kaminski
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is my first time at a St. Regis and I was very impressed by the outstanding service and attention to detail from the entire staff. Stayed in a beautifully decorated suite and it was so spacious and comfortable, I wished I could have stayed in the room longer! Had a completely equipped kitchen and even a TV in the bathroom mirror. Based on this property, I look forward to trying other St. Regis locations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was there a few months ago when it was snowing. I loved the hotel. The rooms are what I would expect on a St. Regis. This was actually the first time I stay at this hotel chain. I was not disappointed. The service, room, and cleanliness was as I would have expected at the Four Seasons or Ritz-Carlton hotel chains I usually stay in. The funicular was rather odd. This by the way is the only way up and down the hotel. The first few times it was great, you get a good view of the hilltops but after my third day it was rather annoying. The staff was very friendly, room service was great, highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The parking situation is rather odd, there is valet only from what I saw and every person I spoke wi...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
St. George, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

While I have no complaints about this property I can't think of anything to rave about. (Especially when considering the price.) If possible, bring your own pillows. Theirs are HARD. Even after asking for additional pillows to choose from, I didn't find one that was close to comfortable.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple