“Our favorite luxury resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Highland Park, Illinois
“Our favorite luxury resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We have traveled all over and stayed at many five-star luxury resorts in the U.S. and abroad. This was our third year at the St. Regis Deer Valley (staying at the same hotel more than once is a rarity for us), the second stay with children, and we found it to be the most perfect vacation. Even in the stratosphere of top luxury hotels, the St. Regis DV is without compare.

The hotel offers absolute luxury: a beautiful and large lobby with fireplaces and many private sitting areas, well-appointed guest rooms with top-of-the-line finishes, and most importantly, impeccable service. In particular, Thomas, one of the hotel's butlers, was always trying to find ways to make our stay more pleasant. From finding perfect pillows to arranging a conference room for a business call, he went above and beyond what we would've expected for a leisure vacation. The pools are all heated, with pool-side service, the restaurant food was delicious, as was an over-the-top hot chocolate bar that we looked forward to all day. The front desk was happy to provide French press coffee to us at 5 a.m. in the lobby, and also made sure to bring hot chocolate for our son (special thanks also to Robbie at the Front Desk from our son James). The ski valets meant none of us had to carry skis or buckle boots (or even put them on ourselves). The car service was always prompt and available to take us to town or other areas in Park City. Travelling with young children is never easy, but a stay at the St. Regis Deer Valley proved to be a true vacation for all of us; just an incredibly family friendly place (although as we can attest from our first visit here, you can have a wonderful getaway as a couple here). Another family joined us this year at the St. Regis at our suggestion, loved it and intend to come back next year as well.

This hotel is exceptional. As we sit here typing our review in the lobby, we are saddened by the fact that we will be leaving for home tomorrow, and yet excited by the prospect of coming here again. We'd like to thank all of the wonderful staff at the St. Regis for continuing to make this such an incredible experience for our family.

Andy & Susan Pasternak

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
StRegisDeerValley, General Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear AndyP,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your recent stay. We are honored that you chose St. Regis Deer Valley again for your ski vacation. I am delighted to hear of your wonderful stay and the level of bespoke service Robbie and Thomas provided you.

On behalf of the entire staff here at St. Regis Deer Valley, we thank you for your loyalty and hope to see you here again in the future.

Warm Regards,
Stan Kaminski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Park City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Our annual girl's trip to Deer Valley was as always amazing, and our time at the St. Regis was made even better by the personalized service of the best butler to date: Thomas. He and the rest of the staff (Marcel & David were standouts as well) delivered spot-on service spiced with humor and entertainment, and thrilled us with champagne sabering. In 5 years of visiting, I can honestly say it was the best time yet.

(PS - the hot buttered rum is the most delicious drink ever to cross your lips.)

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I was surprised to see some negative reviews on this hotel. I will say, if you can not be happy at the SRDV, you can not be happy anywhere.
We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo for a long ski weekend. The service, food, spa and accommodations were incredible. The butlers made sure our every need was met with a smile. The breakfast and lunch buffets were excellent and seemed a bit healthier then the Montage DV where we stayed for President's Week. We had dinner one night at the Jean George restaurant which was excellent. Our 6 yr old came down with severe altitude sickness and the staff could not have been more helpful or accommodating. They opened the spa early so he could get an oxygen treatment and didn't flinch when he threw up in a trash can on the way down....truly service with a smile. We will definitely be back.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Had lunch at the St. Regis in Deer Valley which offers thee best cocktails and pizza! Very impressed with the service from our butler, Thomas. He was so sweet and made sure we had a wonderful time. Really enjoyed the sabering too!

Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Spent an afternoon on the deck, enjoying fabulous cocktails with friends. Drinks were unique, amazing, and the view was top notch. Enjoyed a sabering presented by Marcel and hosted by the best butler ever, Thomas! Would definitely recommend, and can't wait to go back again. Love, love, love the St. Regis at Deer Valley!

Room Tip: Request Thomas as your butler. :)
austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My family and I went to St. Regis for spring break. We had several issues:

(1) At 3pm, My husband and I came back early, and the room was not clean. You have no idea how frustrating it is, to come back to a room filled with old coffee cups, and clothes on the floor. I could have stayed home if I wanted to see that.
(2) The J&W grill overcooked my husband's steak, and did not let it rest. My fish was very mediocre.
(3) The $300 massage I had was average.
(4) We could not seem to get the staff to come to our room and pick up sleds
*5) There was an issue with the theromosat, which after 3 tries, they fixed.
and so on

We spoke to the hotel, and they did try to fix things, but I have very little time at this point for vacation, and went to the St. Regis specifically to avoid these annoyances.

I love park city skiing though, so I will probably try another hotel next year.

Greensboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Our family took a spring break trip which turned out to be the best we have ever taken. Even after we used Starwood points for the room, it was still an expensive trip, but well worth it. The purpose of my review is to guide others who might want some inside information on how to navigate at the St. Regis.

Pros:
- Entire staff could not have been more accommodating during our entire stay.
- Shuttle service to town is top notch- it would be nice if they could develop an electronic method of requesting a pickup in town- maybe text or e-mail. That might not be in keeping with the St. Regis service though.
- Ski valet- cold skis and warm boots with someone to help you with all of them. I left the largest tip in my entire life with the valet after 5 days of skiing- sure it was not the biggest they have ever seen, but it was a large amount to me.
- Hot chocolate in the afternoon had my kids racing to get off the slopes to savor it.
- A quick workout, visit to the hot tub, and the ceremonial champagne toast prior to dinner really ended a day on the slopes perfectly
- Smores every night by the fire pit was a perfect way to end the day
- Views, incredible views from the hotel. Some of the best on the mountain.
- Service!! Never saw the housekeeping staff but our room was always perfect- even with 4 of us and ski clothes in it.

Cons:
- Prices- As I mentioned earlier, I am just a working guy who travels a lot so I am not the target client for this property. I have stayed somewhere around 3,500 nights in hotels in my life and this one is just EXPENSIVE. Here are some examples: Breakfast buffet- $32.00++; Diet coke in 8oz glass $4.00++ with no refills. Consequently, we only ate 1 meal at the resort. If the prices were only expensive, we would have dined there much more.

As mentioned earlier, our trip was the best we have ever taken. Hopefully we will be able to save up enough points to do it again. I highly recommend this hotel, if you can stomach the prices.

Room Tip: I do not think there are any bad ones.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!