“Incredible. Period.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tucson, Arizona
“Incredible. Period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

The St. Regis in Deer Valley is exactly what you would expect from a luxury resort: excellent service and superior amenities. The ambiance alone is worth the trip, but every single member of the staff, from the shuttle drivers to the concierge, from the butler to the top of management, exemplifies good service. The food in the restaurant is of top quality, and the simple experience of riding the funicular upon arrival let's one know right away that this resort is different. I will make it my business to stay at the St. Regis in Deer Valley again, and so should everyone else.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
StRegisDeerValley, General Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear Brad W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that staff exceeded your expectation. We are committed to providing each guest a bespoke and uncompromising experience.

On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to your next return and thank you for staying with us.

Warm Regards,

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

With so many choices in Park City/Deer Valley, the St. Regis is a extremely over priced. I would suggest Stein Erickson or Hotel Park City. Our room included the Butler service but to be honest, the butler does not really do much. With that, you are expected to tip $5.00 to $10.00 every time he comes to the door. Again, this hotel is very nice but for the price, there are better places to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Ryman6969,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Allow me to personally apologize for any experience that did not exceed your expectations.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss any aspects of your stay further with you and can be contacted at stan.kaminski@stregis.com

Kind Regards
Stan Kaminski, General Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed here for the first time in June and loved it! Great property, great location and great staff! The only things I would improve are: I would have an attendant assist guests with the tram that takes you from the lower level to the hotel. That can get a little confusing and intimidating for some people. And I would have a full-time attendant in the spa. I saw some things in the spa that needed cleaning and no one was around to mention it to. Other than that, I definitely recommend this resort and I hope to go back during ski season!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I experienced this incredible property summertime and was told it's even better ski season. The staff - from the GM (who I accidentally met in the fitness center) on down: they understand what service means and what it means to make a guest feel special. The accommodations offer what can be described as striving for perfection; the location: beautiful; the standard: ST. Regis. No more need be said, other than JG Grill is worth the eat whether staying at the hotel or not; fabulous, caring staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
StRegisDeerValley, General Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear shayna345,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. It was a pleasure to meet you in the fitness center and I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Taking the funicular up to the resort was such a fun way to start our visit. We asked for a late check out upon arrival and Joseph at the front desk made it happen. When we later visited the desk he remembered our names, which was amazing. We went to the sabering at 6:30 and had a fun time drinking champagne and looking at the awesome mountains. After talking with Tricia in the JG restaurant we decided to do the tasting menu later that night. I am so glad we did because it was wonderful. This was a best friends reunion and the St. Regis was the perfect summer spot to enjoy it in.
Thanks,
C. Schureman

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the waterfall. We loved the sound of running water. The hotel even turned it bac...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Ms. Schureman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences. I am very pleased to read that several of our staff members went above and beyond in exceeding your expectations. We hope that you will return again with your friends so that we can continue to create lasting memories.

With Kind Regards,

Charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Great staff and excellent amenities make this hotel a must see. We will definitely return to the St. Regis Deer Valley.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 month old son and had an ok stay. I had some issues with service as well as a very confusing hotel layout.  We arrived at the lower lobby of the hotel to check in. The bellman said they would take our car up to the upper lobby where we could collect our luggage but first we should check in at the lower lobby.  This was confusing and as we had our 2 month old son along, I requested to stay with our car and baby until the check in process was complete.  But they were pretty adamant about us taking the baby out of the car so they could drive it to the upper lobby.  So we went and checked in at the desk, baby in arms. We had a suite which at the St. Regis comes with a butler service. The check in guy directed us to the upper lobby where supposedly the butler would meet us to help us find our room and get our bags out of the car.

Now from the lower lobby you have to take an elevator to reach the funicular. You wait for the funicular to arrive and then take that up to the upper part of the hotel (no air-conditioning in the funicular= hot, stuffy and slow). Once you reach the upper part of the hotel you must take another elevator down to find the upper lobby. From there you walk across the lobby to another bank of elevators that take you to the rooms.  There was no one to meet us at the elevators (in fact we never saw the butler until the next evening!). So I decided to just take the baby and go find the room and let my husband deal with the luggage. 20 min later in comes my husband with 2 large bags, diaper bag, stroller, brief case. Apparently there was no one to help him when he found our car and he took the bags up himself. (Upon check out, we found the bellman to be very friendly, helpful and prompt). Then soon after, someone just opened our door and walked into our room trying to deliver a crib! Not only did I say at check in we did not need a crib, but they just barged into the room unannounced! Not ok!

When checking in, make sure to drive through the gates and check in at the upper lobby from the beginning! Save yourself the maze of elevators and hallways.

The suite we had was nice. It had beautiful views of the mountains and the best part- a completely separate dining room/ kitchen/ sitting area. The kitchen was great- it had bowls, plates, cups, a regular sized fridge, stove, dishwasher, sink and microwave. There was a dining table which was great because we had a nice place to eat room service dinner and breakfast. The negative is that the bedrooms are long and narrow. I found the same awkward layout at the St. Regis in Princeville, Hawaii. Maybe it is the St. Regis style? I don't care for it. Room service was lacking- small menu and the food was subpar including several items not available. There were no amenities in the room for baby/kids which was a little disappointing compared to other 5* hotels. I also did not like the pillows.

Although the hotel has all the amenities of a 5 star resort I found it lacked the warmth, comfort and hospitality of other hotels we have stayed in. Will probably stay elsewhere next time we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!