We just spent 24 hours at the St. Regis Deer Valley Resort for some R&R after a busy and hectic visit to Salt Lake City. The ski season had ended exactly one week earlier and the resort was practically deserted, which was perfect for us. Even better, the room rate had dropped from over $700 per night to just $179 at the AAA rate!
I've been to some nice resort hotels around the world, but this has just become my new favorite. The architecture takes full advantage of the hotel's idyllic setting (loved the funicular!) and manages to make every part of the hotel feel warm and intimate in spite of its size. We checked out the Waldorf a few miles down the road and it just confirmed that we had made the right choice staying at the St. Regis.
The St. Regis staff was attentive and friendly--but not hovering--and everything about this place was tasteful and high quality without being pretentious. We would have been happy to spend the entire time by the fireplace in our cozy room staring at our amazing view of the snow-covered ski slope, but we just had to check out the ski beach and the outdoor jacuzzi. They were awesome!
I also got an in-room massage, which the hotel arranged since the spa was closed between the end of ski season and Mother's Day. At $120 for 60 minutes (including gratuity), it was actually a great value, and lifting my head at the end of the massage to see snow falling on the mountain was an extra nice touch. ;)
We also had a hard time tearing ourselves away from the breakfast table at J&G Grill, where we sat looking out a big picture window at nothing but snow and evergreens. Oh, the food was wonderful, too! And the service was friendly and very attentive. We had also had the express lunch at the J&G Grill the day before, and were very impressed with the freshness and quality of the food, as well as the service.
The only thing that was less than perfect at this resort was "Sleep Quality", which I rated a 4 instead of a 5 only because the a7,400 ft. elevation made it hard for either of us to fall asleep or stay asleep. The bed itself was wonderful, though, and there's nothing the hotel can do about the elevation, since it's a ski resort. Overall, I rate this place a 6 out of 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Starwood, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah