“Everything you've read is true” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 33 attractions in Park City
Activities: Skiing, Dining
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Deer Valley Resort is a skiers only resort located in the historic mining town of Park City, Utah. Rated the number #1 ski resort in North America for an remarkable FIVE years running by the readers of SKI Magazine, we never stop striving to better our guests' experience. We offer complete vacation experiences from planning and vacation rental services through our Lodging & Reservations department to ski school, on mountain dining and summer concerts and chairlift activities.
lexington, ma
6 attraction reviews
“Everything you've read is true”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Deer valley really is all about the service. Ski valets, lift attendants who lift children onto the seats, amazing on mountain food. The vistas are amazing, the skiing is really good, great variety of terrain and it's just cool to ski the runs which were Olympic sites. Our only complaint was that things seemed a bit over groomed - loose powder is the point of coming to Utah, we have hard pack back east.

Damascus
6 attraction reviews
“First class SKIING & Dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Skiing only, no snowboarders allowed. Often times you can find some powder here a day or two after a good powder dump". Used to be considered something less than challenging...not so today! Great skiing, comfortable crowds and the best food on a ski slope in the U.S.A. Most of their chairlifts only carry 4 people, I have a family of 5 so we split up...no big deal...

Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
“great groomed runs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Wonderful skiing on well groomed runs with just the right pitch - and few lift lines. Staff is very visible on the mountain and helpful. Prices for food and drink are high - skip the pizza shop at the mountain lodge.

Lindon, Utah
47 attraction reviews
“Service Extraordinaire!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

You wouldn't think that a ski resort could rival a 5-star hotel, but Deer Valley absolutely does! I parked at the Jordanelle lift area which was full. As I contemplated hiking down the road, a Deer Valley van stopped at my car, the driver took my skis and helped me into the van. At the lift ticket office, another attendant carried my skis into the building while I bought my lift ticket. Another attendant directed me to the lift line which was practically empty. At each and every lift that day, the lift attendants greeted me warmly and sincerely. Amazing! I had heard rave reviews of the restaurants and enjoyed the elaborate salad bar at Snow Park Lodge. Everything is high quality--including the restrooms! Although I loved the service and the upscale, genteel vibe, I can't say that I loved the skiing. As someone who is trying to be an intermediate skier, I found the blue runs too steep and icy and the green runs too easy. The terrain is a little bland compared to some of the other resorts. It was also very strange for me to ski right past so many condos and hotels--I wasn't too keen on so many people critiquing my skills! I did visit on a day that was extremely cold with no new snow, so the groomed runs did tend to be extremely slick. No snowboarders allowed--hallelujah!

Visited January 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great SKING, NO SNOWBOARDS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I thought Deer Valley was such an excellent place to take my family! I have two kids 5 & 8 who took private lessons while us adults went to the EBS lounge! :)