“Big Condo, Great time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Eagle, Idaho
“Big Condo, Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just when I think I couldn't get better lodging for the buck this comes up. Big condo with a nice size kitchen for under $75 per night. Big and airy condo with partial glass roof to watch the stars, sunrise or rain depending on the day. The service was some of the best we have ever encountered in PC. Starting from the moment we arrived until we left they were very friendly, outgoing and helpful. Remembering a guest name in one of the hallmarks of great service and the staff was great. The enclosed/open pool was interesting especially one night when it was raining and my 11 year old thought it was cool that he could swim in and out of the rain. Close to PCMR and the zip lines and mountain coasters. Make sure to get one of the top condos for the great views. The beds were excellent and we all had a good night sleep. Nice to have A/C on the hotter days.

Room Tip: 5th floor is great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melinda B, General Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your review! I'm so ecstatic to hear what a wonderful vacation you had staying with us! I already shared your review with my team and I'm very proud and happy to hear what great service they provided you and your family. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Have stayed at Silver King yearly for the past 10+ years. The hotel is conveniently located across from the ski base. The rooms are nice sized with adequate kitchenettes and washer and dryers in the unit. Some rooms are better maintained then others, hence the “premium” designation for some updated rooms. The hotel staff is always very helpful, the drivers are very pleasant and accommodating to the different guests’ requests. Sadly, we went to book our standard weekend this winter, but were shocked at the rate increase. A 90% increase from last year. I can understand a 5% or maybe 10%, but that was a bit too aggressive. Sadly we will not be returning to Silver King this year. On the bright side, we are excited to stay at an alternative hotel that we’ve always talked about trying in the past.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the entrance side of the hotel. Buses go by at all hours.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I'm sad to hear you are not coming back to stay with us. I'm shocked and confused that you state there was a 90% increase in price. We only raised our rates on an average of 5% from last year and are very competitive with our rates in the market. We hope you come back and stay with us again!
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at the Silver King twice in the past few weeks and were very pleased with both stays. The suites we stayed in were beautifully furnished, comfortable and large. I loved having a full kitchen with all the amenities so we could cook with ease. The pool, hot tub and sauna were wonderful and we loved lounging and relaxing poolside. The manager Melinda took great care of us and made sure our stays were perfect. I loved being right by Park City Mountain Resort and just down the street from Park City's Main Street. We will most definitely be staying at the Silver King again!

Room Tip: Suite 506 was more than spacious for 4 couples, with 3 rooms (one had full sized bunk beds!), 3 bath...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Melinda B, General Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review! It's greatly appreciated! I'm really happy to hear you have thoroughly enjoyed staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We reserved a 1-bedroom premium suite including 2 full bathrooms, kitchen, living room, dining area, nice TVs with cable, complimentary WiFi and washer and dryer. Everything was fairly up-to-date, comfortable and clean though the w/d was an older stackable model. After our first night, our son had an allergic reaction to, we believe, dust or pet dander in the carpet, perhaps some other allergen. He took some meds and we were out most of the day to enjoy Park City but his reaction returned that night. The following morning, my wife spoke with the manager and, though their policy does not allow a refund, she (Melinda, I believe) was understanding and concerned and was more than happy to refund our last two nights. Nice customer service! We decided to think about it and continue with our day and ultimately stayed for our final two nights.

The pool was nice but could use updated furniture. The lobby and hallways are somewhat underwhelming and, if updated with new flooring and lighting, would likely make a difference as far as first impressions go. Granted, these are minor issues and I will say that the front desk and housekeeping staff are outstanding. The garage is secured with a 4 digit combination keypad and it was great to have a parking garage during the July 4th week as the temp was in the 85-95* range.

The hotel is an easy walk to the Park City village and lifts but a longer-than-expected walk to the Main Street area: 15-20 minutes and probably much longer during the winter. We didn't take advantage of the free shuttle but did notice a pretty steady flow of the buses. The hotel is also very close to a market should one want to utilize the kitchen.

Would we return? Yes, absolutely, and, in our case, we'd ask about accommodations with hardwood or tile flooring, if available (I would have given 5 stars were it not for our son's reaction). We'd love to return for a ski vacation and enjoy not having to load up the car and deal with lugging skis/boots and parking.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to hear you ended up staying for the last two nights. I'm sorry your son had an allergic reaction. It was very concerning. I have not run into that issue before. With that being said, we just switched to all different green products! We are very excited about this!! We are very happy with the products. They clean really well and smell wonderful! We hope if and when you return this does the trick! I'm glad overall you had a great vacation!
Waterville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had never traveled to Utah and it is beautiful in Park City! I stayed at the Silver King for a week for a conference at the hotel. And would highly recommend this hotel during the summer time. It's located very close to an area with chair lifts and a zip lines and other fun things to do on the side of a mountain. And it was a quick (free) bus ride to downtown that was also walkable if you wanted to walk for about 10 minutes (tops).

I mentioned the price being excellent for the summer time because the room I was in had 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a full kitchen & living room & washer and dryer, and was around $200 per night because it's the "off season" with no snow. As other reviewers have mentioned, some of the rooms are more updated than others. I was in one that was not modernized because the lamps and other decorations were a little dated, but the room was well kept and I slept great. Some of my colleagues had modernized rooms so the furniture was newer and some included a hot tub in the living room! All those extras seemed unnecessary as the pool hotel and hot tub were great and worked just fine.

Three things to note:
1. Breakfast is not included in the price, but you have a full kitchen so that's understandable to me.
2. The front desk people were very helpful and happy to help you get around the city but they are not there at all hours of the day (I think they were gone by 9pm or maybe 10pm). So be sure to ask your questions before they leave for the night!
3. If you're hosting or planning a conference there, note that the food is catered in, it is not made on the premises, so if you need vegetarian options be sure to specify all that ahead of time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your 5 star review! It is greatly appreciated! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for all your helpful feedback! We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!
Riverton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel is in the perfect location in Park City. The staff is super helpful and the Manager was really great. I loved that the sliding back door opened up to a grassy spot that we could hang out on.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review! I'm thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed staying with us. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was impressed by the spaciousness of our 2 bedroom condo. We had more space than we needed and felt very comfortable. This is not the Ritz Carlton by any means but it is a good value for the money and had what we needed. The pool was perfect temperature and no one was there using it. Beautiful location, easy access to the Park City Free bus and is right at the base of PCMR (Park City Mountain Resort).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback! I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Silver King Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Silver King Hotel

Address: 1485 Empire Ave, Park City, UT 84060
Location: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
#14 Romantic Hotel in Park City
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Silver King Hotel 3.5*

Located just steps from the PayDay lift at the base of Park City Mountain Resort, you'll find sophisticated mountain luxury wrapped in local mining nostalgia, with hundreds of historic mining artifacts and photos thoughtfully placed throughout the hotel's halls and common areas.

Each and every studio and 1-to-4 bedroom condominium at the Silver King has a full-sized kitchen, and honest-to-goodness real wood-burning fireplaces. Guests also enjoy our indoor/outdoor pool, concierge services, complimentary ski lockers, heated underground parking, and close proximity to the restaurants, boutiques, galleries, and nightlife of Park City's Historic Main Street. Additionally, the Park City Municipal Golf Course is just steps away, and transforms into a cross country skier's dream in winter, winding through rolling low hills and snow-tipped old growth trees.

Whether you're considering a cozy weekend getaway for two, or a rejuvenating extended stay for the whole family, the Silver King Hotel is a magical and timeless place where you're sure to make memories that last a lifetime.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Silver King Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Silver King Park City
Hotel Silver King
Silver King Hotel Park City, Utah

If you own or manage Silver King Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.