“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Hockley, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The best location for park city, deer valley and canyons. So close to Park City and bus stop right outside for the other 2 resorts. No need for a car here, free bus takes you everywhere. Restaurants a bit pricey on Main Street, better value near hotel. The Olympic Park is well worth a visit if you want a day off from skiing. Great to be able to walk down to pool in robes. May not be in your room, just ask at reception for some.

Room Tip: There is a door at back of ski lockers that leads straight out to car park and slopes.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melinda B, General Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Munster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just spent 4 days at Silver King. The rooms were spacious ... a little TLC could be used. Our refrigerator was not working well but they were able to fix it. Undergound parking. Just around the corner from the slopes and not far from historic downtown/Main Street. We had a rental car so getting in and out and around was very easy. First day after coming off the slopes , looking forward to whirl pool. It was temporarily not working and the water was VERY cold. Pool water was nice and warm. Whirl Pool was fixed the next day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your feedback and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went skiing /snowboarding for a few days to Park City Utah. This is our second trip. Because it was only 3 of us, we decided to stay at hotel. The Silver King hotel is located a one block from lift which was visible from our fifth floor window. The room was very spacious with kitchen, 2 full bathrooms, nice furniture and TV in each room. The room had fireplace and my kids where planning to use it, but I stopped them from doing it. Everything worked perfect. Room and beds were clean. The noise level from AC was reasonable considering 11 degrees F on few nights. One of the door key was not working and was replaced by desk manager who went with me to see if a new key would work. Thanks.

Parking is underground and look like its heated. The pool and jacuzzi were clean and hot.

The only very minor inconvinience is no breakfast at the hotel, but its more than few places between hotel door and nearby lift a block away.

Thanks, We had a perfect worry free weekend stay.

Room Tip: Most 5th floor rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear you had a great stay and that my staff took good care of you.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is our new place in Park City. The kids absolutely loved the pool and me and the wife loved the Jacuzzi. The room was very spacious and the kitchen had everything we needed to have a couple meals in. We checked in at 3 AM with no problem at all. The proximity of this hotel to the slopes is right across the parking lot, it can't be beat. My two young teenage kids were even able to take themselves night skiing because it was so close. The kids are already planning next year's return trip. Great value,great price, great location, great service, it can't be beat!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I'm pleased to hear that you and your family really enjoyed staying with us and are planning to come back! We look forward to having you stay with us again.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at the Silver King with some friends recently for a long ski weekend. The property was ok. A typical mid-rate hotel in a ski town. The best amenities being the indoor/outdoor pool and proximity to Park City Mountain.

However, they completely messed up our reservation and billing creating a moment of anxiety when I showed up at the front desk to no reservation and major hassle on the backend when I was billed twice for the room and had to dispute the charges on my credit card. The front desk staff did not competently handle these situations in my opinion. Also there was a dirty towel in front of my door upon check in and it took three calls/visits to the front desk to resolve this.

Room Tip: The rooms are individually owned and the furniture, decor and TV are different in each. The price fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Julia C, Front Office Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Silver King Hotel. We also apreciate your kind words about our indoor/outdoor pool and proximatie to Park City Mountain Resort. We are disappointed that your experiance was anything less then exceptional and we apolagize that we fell short of delivering the level of service that you deserve and expect from Silver King Hotel.Bringing these details to our attention allows us to improve and I will shared your feedback with our leaders and staff regarding your reservation and billing. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our hospitality.
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family stayed at the Silver King Hotel in a 3 br premium condo, Jan 22nd-26th. It was Sundance week so we paid a lot for our condo. Since I do not ski anymore, the only request I had before my husband booked your location was that it was within walking distance to the town and had a fitness center. My husband had numerous phone conversations with your staff before our condo was booked & he was told that yes the location was good and there was a fitness center.
When I got into our condo-
Front door did not close
Shower curtain in master bath covered in mold, had turned orange & had to be replaced
Had to request dresser and table get dusted twice in master before it was cleaned (table never was cleaned) When I picked up our TV remotes on the dresser, you could see where the remotes had been sitting because of the rest of the dust there.
Could not cool down the bedrooms upstairs. We cut the heat completely off to those rooms, opened the windows all night, slept with fans and all 4 of us that we in those rooms still had 4 sleepless nights because of the heat. By cutting the heat off to the master upstairs, it cut off the downstairs bedroom which made it uncomfortably cold for my son in that room. We had maintenance there and we were told that this was the only way to control it and we were offered a space heater.
Was given 2 humidifiers to use that did not work at all
Day 2 & 3 housekeeping did not refill our hand towels
Only ½ of the Jets in Jacuzzi at the pool were working We cut the sauna on and after 45 minutes, it still did not heat up
After all of this, I visited the fitness center to find a bicycle, treadmill and broken elliptical with a do not use sign. Remote to TV in there did not work. I got on the treadmill. It would not do a manual setting so I tried about 6 different programs and none were working properly. Treadmill was moving even though it registered 0 speed. On the last program I tried, speed was registering 0, treadmill was moving and all of a sudden it shot up to speed 10. The treadmill does have a place for a book or ipad but there is no lip in the front to hold the book on so I was holding on to my ipad. When the treadmill suddenly shot up, it was either me or the ipad and I had to let go of the ipad so I did not fall. It went flying across the floor and landed under the TV which is when the screen shattered. I spoke to Julia and she had Melinda call me. I was told that the fitness center is “use at your own risk” and after I went back in later, I did see that small sign on the far wall. I also saw the maintenance man spraying and oiling the belts on the treadmill the next day after he removed the do not use sign on it.
Melinda did tell me I could speak with Tom the VP the next day about my room issues and fitness center problems. When I came to the desk to get in contact with him, I was told he was gone for the day, but that he had been contacted and someone would get back to me. Before I left on Saturday, Julia told me Melinda would call me know I never received that call, so 10 days later on Tues, Feb 5th; I left another message on Melinda’s phone. Again, no response from my call until 1 message late Friday from Tom, which I received Monday morning when I got to work. I left him a message immediately and several more & still have not received a call. No response or follow through.
Very disappointed in my stay there.
We paid a premium rate the week of Sundance for our 3 bedroom condominium, way too much to have so many problems with our room, fitness center and pool area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melinda B, General Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
I'm sorry for the issues you encountered while staying with us. I understand your frustrations. I tried my best to get the Ipad situation worked out. We spoke a couple of times and yes there was a lot of phone tag. I'm sorry for that. We contacted our insurance company about the Ipad issue and due to the situation, it was not our place to take care of the cost for the damages, For the other issues I've been working very close with my housekeeping staff to ensure what you encountered does not happen again. I've hired all new management in the housekeeping department and created new procedures and training. I have personally seen a significant improvement in cleanliness along with many positive reviews and feedback from guests. Again, I apologize for the issues you encountered. My goal is 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry I failed to provide you with that. Thank you for your review.
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

So we actually were supposed to be staying at 'The Caledonian' on Main Street, we have been to Park City every year for the past 10 years and always stay somewhere different, we liked the Caledonian and were able to book a great deal on a third party website - booking.com (linked to priceline, because that's who sorted out our problems).
So, we get to the Caledonian - Nov 22nd (sorry it's taken me a long time to get to this review - but I made notes as you will see below) and are told 'we don't have your reservation' ...it was Thanksgiving break... YIKES. Never happened to me before. I call booking.com and they find us an alternate - it took about one and a half hours - Silver King (Listen we got a great online deal - $566 for 4 nights...it seems apparent to me, that we were bumped when the Caledonian realized it could sell it's rooms for much higher...in fact the guy on reception said we were the 2nd party checking in that day that they could not find the reservation for - even though I showed him our confirmation).
We were not charged anymore for the move into a 2 bedroom at Silver King as opposed to a one bedroom at The Caledonian.
Any way...we move to the Silver King.... it's a long story folks, but during our 3rd day there is a hotel flooding and the whole half of the hotel we are staying in has to be moved because water is flowing (they thought from our room - they came in searching the room 4 times!) most of the rooms have hot tubs IN the room - what I liked about Caledonian was the hot tubs were outside on the balcony - I don't love the hot tub inside the room really - but turns out my kids liked it, however, it wasn't our room (I was starting to feel accused of something by maintenance) turned out it was a water pipe break...anyhow...sorry to ramble... we got to see quite a few of the other rooms, as we moved rooms and they are REALLY very different. The room you choose in this resort makes a HUGE difference - here are my notes:

#306 this was our first room, the decor is nice, very cozy leather sofa and chairs, the TV was great but a relatively basic DVD player so you could only watch a DVD or unplug it and switch to cable. 2nd bedroom bathroom had a nice grey shower with stone floor and double glass sliding doors, the furnishings were nice but the whole place is fairly dark,
Both beds had nice upholstered headboards, the master bed linens and comforter needed to be updated though.

#406 fuse ball table, nice decor, not much of a view, high king size bed in the master, nice hot tub with screen

#220 decor is modern, 2 bdrms, no hot tub, very comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, best kitchen of all we saw, lots of light and windows, ground floor... This is the second room we moved to.

#506 Gorgeous, huge living, staircase, 3 bdrms, log cabin bunks in one room, weird Fluor main light in Kitchen, huge sweeping staircase, it for sure has a penthouse feel

#413 decor was nice, great carpet, dining table nook near window.... Great bed linens looked fresh and clean

#410 - outdated lots of Browns - ugly
Old bathroom tile

Hope these notes help.
Would we go back - yes, if we could get room #220 or #506, but if we were in a room like #410 NO WAY.

Room Tip: see my specific notes above
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I really enjoyed reading your review. I really appreciate the detailed feedback. Your review will hopefully help many future guests. I'm very sorry for all the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. It sounds like you got a great tour of our hotel! I hope you come back and stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Been to Silver King Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Silver King Hotel

Address: 1485 Empire Ave, Park City, UT 84060
Location: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
#15 Romantic Hotel in Park City
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Silver King Hotel 3.5*

Located just steps from the PayDay lift at the base of Park City Mountain Resort, you'll find sophisticated mountain luxury wrapped in local mining nostalgia, with hundreds of historic mining artifacts and photos thoughtfully placed throughout the hotel's halls and common areas.

Each and every studio and 1-to-4 bedroom condominium at the Silver King has a full-sized kitchen, and honest-to-goodness real wood-burning fireplaces. Guests also enjoy our indoor/outdoor pool, concierge services, complimentary ski lockers, heated underground parking, and close proximity to the restaurants, boutiques, galleries, and nightlife of Park City's Historic Main Street. Additionally, the Park City Municipal Golf Course is just steps away, and transforms into a cross country skier's dream in winter, winding through rolling low hills and snow-tipped old growth trees.

Whether you're considering a cozy weekend getaway for two, or a rejuvenating extended stay for the whole family, the Silver King Hotel is a magical and timeless place where you're sure to make memories that last a lifetime.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Silver King Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Silver King Park City
Hotel Silver King
Silver King Hotel Park City, Utah

If you own or manage Silver King Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.