“Needs improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 59 hotels in Park City
Ogden, Utah, United States
“Needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here as a little mini anniversary gift. The room was nice enough until we discovered some issues. First, the knob that switches the shower to tub was broken so all we could get was the shower. When we tried to pull it up to fill the tub, the water shot straight out of the pull. Second, the flat screen in the master bedroom wouldn't work...at all. It wouldn't even power on. Lastly, we left a candy bar sitting on the kitchen counter and the next morning it had been drug half the length of the counter and had the chocolate nibbled off. This can only be attributed to unwanted furry mouse guests (or rats maybe).

The next morning, we reported these three items to the front desk and they of course apologized. However, that was it. No mention of a discount on our stay or anything. They did tell us we could expect a call from management and to this day we haven't heard a word. It was a nice place to stay but it could definitely use some improving.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melinda B, General Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm truly sorry to hear about the issues you encountered staying with us. I just recently took on the GM position here at the Silver King. I'm working closely with my team to ensure the issues you experienced do not happen again.

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here during Sundance 2012 - the staff were very friendly, always ready to offer advice. The free transport into the city was a lovely bonus. Our room was huge and had everything we needed - it was comfortable and warm, especially with the fire on! We'll certainly be back!

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Melinda B, General Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed staying with us!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was visiting Park City and stayed at the Silver King August 2 to 6, 2012. A number of friends and I chose Park City for our annual destination reunion and one of our members coordinated the hotel accommodations. I stayed in Unit 403. While it was mostly clean and spacious, it was lacking a pair of scissors and the carpet could use a good steam cleaning throughout (also a good vacuuming around the nightstands in the bedroom). We chose the Silver King because it was different from the typical hotel and had more of a "resort feel" to it. Anne at the front desk was excellent at check in. Julia at the front desk was able to resolve an issue I had with my gift card at check in. She went beyond the call of duty to ensure I received a card I could use. The bed was very comfy and I slept well. The fully equipped kitchen was excellent as I ate breakfast in most mornings. The location for the hotel is ideal because the bus stop is nearby to get you to many areas, Main Street is within walking distance (if you love to walk) and Park City Mountain Resort is just out the back door and very close by. Should I return to Park City, I would consider the Silver King again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I'm so pleased to hear how well you were taken care of and how much you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for your review.
SLC, UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Had a girl's getaway with my sister at the Silver King in July. The suite with the hot tub was okay. No chlorine smell, as noted by other reviewers. Or room was not updated, so it felt a little shabby. The sleeper sofa was a joke...it was unusable because it literally required sleeping on springs covered by a thin cloth. We ended up sharing the other bed, which worked out fine, but thank goodness there were only two of us! The pool facility was nice. I was under the impression it was close to Main Street, but it was a 20+ minute walk. Overall an average experience.

• Stayed July 2012
Julia C, Front Office Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. While Main Street is a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel Park City offers a free bus system that picks up across the street from the hotel and can take you to Main Street, the shopping centers in the Kimball Junction area, as well as all three ski resorts.

While our standard rooms meet our minimum standards we do offer a Premium room type which will feature updated kitchens, bathrooms, and other furnishings throughout the unit. These typically are sold 10-20% above our standard room rates. They typically fill very quickly so you'll want to try to reserve them in advance.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, LR, DR, full kitchen, laundry ... this place has it all. Newly renovated( granite counters, new carpet, ) very large unit. Grocery store is across the street as well as a Starbucks. Historic Main Street is very close also. The LR has a hottub ( no oder) and master bath has a jacuzzi tub! There is also a game table in the LR that the kids loved. Julia at the front desk and the general manager (don't recall name) were very helpful and kind.

Room Tip: I don't think I would wany a room right next to the pool( at pool level)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I appreciate your feedback!
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

stayed at Carriage House Condos, but used Silver King as the front desk. Anne was extremely helpful with a restaurant gift card issue. Great service.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
I'm happy to hear you were well taken care of! Thank you for your review!
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in the past with friends and enjoyed it, so we decided to take advantage of a deal they were having and go with our 2 young children for memorial day weekend. We stayed in the 2 bedroom Spa Room. The room was pretty nice, but in need of a little updating.

Pros:
-The price- we got a great deal for staying 2 nights
-Size- plenty of space, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen
-Hot tub in the room
-It was pretty quiet during night time hours so we slept well
-Flat panel TV and fireplace in living room
-Box TVs in Master bedroom & second bedroom
-The indoor/outdoor pool was great & it also had a large hot tub. Our kids loved it!
-Very thorough maintenance staff- The hotel had turned off the heat for the year, but it was unseasonably cold while we were their. They brought us some space heaters and gave us some ideas for circulating the air so it would warm up more quickly.

Cons:
-Carpet and Cabinets in need of some updating. The carpet seemed a bit old and dirty, and the cabinets had lots of scratches and could have used a coat of stain.
-The doorknob & blinds in the master bedroom were broken
- The master bathroom had a jetted tub, which I don't like in hotels because they are so hard to keep clean. Our kids take baths so we had to use it anyway.
-the hot tub in our room only had a bubble wrap cover on top of the water, so we were a little worried about our kids trying to climb in when we weren't looking. When we stayed there with friends in the past the hot tub had a hard cover. Maybe it just depends on the room you get? You might want to check on that if you have young children and are staying in a spa room.
- Although the maintenance staff was very quick to come up and help fix problems, I wished they would have fixed those problems before offering the room.

We would probably stay here again, because we need the extra rooms with our children. However, unless we were able to get a great deal on the price again I would probably try to find some other places first.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Been to Silver King Hotel? Share your experiences!