“Excellent, responcive staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Save $100 Instantly!
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Park City
“Excellent, responcive staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We ended up in the hotel later in the day then expected, tired, etc. The room size reserved for us by an agent turned out too small. Kristine, property manager, told us to go have a dinner and not to worry. An hour and a half later we were moved to a different hotel within the base village. The room was bigger - just right! Kristine and Sarah (front desk) had our vouchers, keys, schedule, everything set up.
Great save!!! Thanks, guys!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kristin H, Manager at Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
It was our pleasure to accomodate your family and get things just right for you so you could relax, play and have a wonderful stay. Thanks you for the kind remarks and we will look forward to welcoming you back to Canyons again in the future!

Kristin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We went on the off season, it was nice. went on the first snow fall of the yr, just enjoyed the time up there, beautiful suit . we were the only ones on the floor. went for a walk, ate at the pub and the steak house.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks you for your feedback! The Canyons is certainly a special kind of place when it is quiet and you feel you have it all to yourself. We are so pleased you had a great stay. Please come back and join us again!

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed at the Sundial in April 2013 for a family spring ski vacation. We had not stayed at the Sundial prior to this occasion, and were really looking forward to a nice stay and some spring skiing. We had a pleasant stay and were satisfied with the accomodations. My kids especially enjoyed the pool. My trouble and disappointmet began after leaving the resort and noticing I had left my wedding ring on the dresser in the room. I contacted the front desk immediately upon noticing I had left it and they assured me the someone would check the room and contact me right away. I did not hear back for 24 hours so I called again. By this time it was the weekend and I was told housekeeping supervisor was gone until Monday. I waited until Monday and had to follow up again. I did receive a voice message later that day letting me know my ring was not found. This was heartbreaking to me as it was a very sentimental ring for obvious reasons and frustrating becuase I had called so soon after leaving the hotel and was 100% sure of where it was placed. My disappointment only grew over the next several months as this drug on and call after call was left unreturned. I felt like I was calling and e-mailing continually to try and get some assistance in tracking down my ring. Clearly this was not a concern to them and I was made to feel as if I were making the whole thing up. I did find out that the person that cleaned my room left the country the day after she cleaned my room when her VISA was up. They were never able to reach her or speak to her. I ultimatley gave up and realized my ring was gone forever. I will never stay at the Sundial again after the treatment and experience I received.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights and thought it was a great place. The staff were very helpful and friendly especially Ryan and Sarah at the front desk and Brian the bellboy. I was very worried about staying after reading some bad reviews. The only negative thing about the stay would be housekeeping. They came very late once and one day not at all so we had to ask someone to get them. They were also very bad at restocking bathroom items, laundry powder etc. Not a big deal though.
Some kids could also be heard running up the corridors late at night however this is the parents fault not the resorts.
The hot tub was great for relaxing after a big day on the slopes. The complimentary shuttle to Park City was also great.
To the person who complained about the ski valet maybe you need to stay somewhere 5 star like the St. Regis!!! Your comments about getting a new number each day were stupid. Not a big deal at all.
We also had complimentary breakfast included and this was also nice. Had something for everyone.
The rooms were all renovated in the summer so everything was new and clean. Kitchen was also good for cooking meals.
Liked having our own washing machine and dryer in the room.
I would stay here again and recommend to others. Some people are way too picky and their comments are way over the top!

• Stayed January 2014
Kristin H, Manager at Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
To our friends from over the pond,

Thank you for taking the time to send a review in on your recent stay at Sundial. Your enthusiastic and posistive review is a wonderful affirmation to us that we are reaching the service standards we strive for. That you specifically remembered the names of some of our guides who made a good impression on you is a clear indication that they delivered above and beyond service! We will indeed look forwards to welcoming you back to the Sundial for a future stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Well....we went at the front end of this crazy Midwest weather...arrived over 8 hours late, tired and hungry. Leah at the frnt desk had to deal with ten of us (family age range 7-55) and she did a wonderful job! We walked right across the base to red tail to eat a very late dinner and regroup. The following day, Kristin got us all set with our lift tickets and ski school and off we go! One bad thing after another kept happening - NOT sundial at fault - but somehow because f their staff we loved every minute! And at no obligation to them, they helped us with extreme grace and warmth with our unexpected extended stay because chicago was pretty much shut down. 3 extra days, stress of needing to get home, and Kristin and team made us feel right at home! We were 5 and 5 each group in 2 bedroom condos with plenty of room and fantastic views! Special thanks to Kevin and Brian, who in their job descriptions are bell men, but were so much more and became our friends to the point where we would get excited to see them. And Ryan, Leah, Kaz and Sarah at front next....wonderful. Even though so many things went wrong and we even went home with one torn ACL, we can't WAIT to go back to Sundial next year!!! Kristin and Kevin even checked on us to make sure we made it back to Chicago safely and check on our injured. There are no words for hospitality and care like that!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kristin H, Manager at Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Nicole,

Thank you for the glowing and very generous remarks about your stay here with us. Our team functions as a family here and we are always excited to welcome our valued guests into that family as well! Working through each of your hiccups along the way was a pleasure and so pleased that we were able to accomodate your needs. It will be our genuine pleasure to welcome you back to the Sundial next year.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My family and I traveled to Park City/Canyons Resort & stayed at the Sundial Lodge during 1/2/14-1/7/14. We traveled during one of the worst snow storms/cold weather temps throughout the country, and we just wanted to get settled upon arrival & relax. However, when we finally arrived at the Sundial Lodge, our reservation was not correct, and I was not happy considering I booked out our reservation in September. Without any hesitation, the front desk staff was extremely apologetic, and they were able to accommodate us the best they could for a group of 10! The rooms were very nice, clean, updated & kitchens were fully stocked with the appropriate tools, cutting boards, knives etc. The next few days went great, the staff had plenty of restaurant suggestions and continuously asked how things were for all of us. Later, we found out that our Sunday flight back to Chicago was canceled, and the next available flight home wasn't until Tuesday night. Once again, the staff was able to extend our stay, at the discounted rate/or better from when we booked in Sept. & we were able to stay in the beautiful mountain view rooms for the next couple nights instead of searching around for other hotels. During our extended stay, we were celebrating my Dad's birthday, and the staff sent up to his room a wonderful birthday dessert for him "on the house!" Also, the breakfast buffet in the Cabin Room is outstanding!!! My family and I would like to say thank you to the wonderful, helpful & thoughtful staff at the Sundial Lodge. Thank you: Lea, Ryan, Kevin, Brian, Kaz, Kristen & any others whom made our stay more relaxing & fun! Kristen, we will definitely come back and stay with you guys & thanks again for the special attention you gave my step mom after she tore her ACL...Yes folks, our family had quite the 5 days in the mountains...but the Sundial Lodge went above to keep smiles on our faces! Great stay, awesome Lodge & location, and most of all great memories!!! Thanks again :)

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have been updated within the last year.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
It can always be a little disheartening when a family such as yours arrives and something isn't right with the reservation. It is with great contentment that I tell how how wonderful it is to hear that you recognized the urgency and sincerity with which our team wanted to make things right for you. Vacation or not, travelling with a group can be stressful and we find it extremely gratifying to be able to aid and assist through the various speedbumps, special occasions and daily needs of a group such as yours. We will anticipate your return next year (or sooner!!) with delight. All of our best to our injured one and the rest of your family.

Norcross, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Rooms are incredibly small for 4 people. Literally smaller than regular hotel. Fire code violation if you're sleeping four? I thought I had a suite but was given a guest room. I may have messed this up clicking through online booking so be careful. No sheets/blanket for sofa bed and couldn't call front desk from room phone because it was broken. I used my cell to call front desk for the sheets and they never arrived. Went down to front desk and still no sheets arrived. My wife from Madrid, fluent in Spanish, had nice conversation with maid before leaving for dinner about the sheets. She left towels. Finally got sheets after complaining again. Day 2, no hot water throughout the building. Finally got hot water late that night. Filled up jetted tub but found the pump/jets too loud to use. Family could not hear TV when I turned on the tub! Room never got cleaned throughout our stay. Maid came on day 2 at 9am and we said to come back in a few minutes since we were leaving for breakfast. She never came back on any day! Other than the front desk, major language barriers. Restaurants at resort were very slow giving illusion of being busy. Food was OK. I recommend having a car since restaurants outside resort are excellent but are short drives. We ate at Ghidotti's and Grub Steak Reastaurant and both were excellent. Other problems: very slow elevators both waiting for and riding; ski equipment check in/out constantly brought us other patrons equipment. We stayed here 12 years before and had a totally different experience.

Room Tip: Do not do online booking Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brian B, General Manager at Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience at Sundial Lodge. Each unit is an individually owned condo and your rental was through a management company not located on site at Sundial. These units do not receive the same services as a condo that books directly with All Season Resort Lodging. In general the units are only cleaned for your arrival but not during your stay. This arrangement is determined by the owner of the unit. The maintenance also falls under the owners responsibility so you would need to report maintenance problem to the persons you made the reservation with. As you stated in your review, online booking can be confusing so always be sure to double check who you are booking with, their contact information and the agreed upon amenities prior to your stay. I hope you chose to stay at Sundial Lodge again as you have had a positive experience here in the past.

Brian Bell
All Seasons Resort Lodging

Been to Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort

Address: 3720 Sundial Court, Park City, UT 84098
Location: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites Swimming Pool
#9 Ski-In / Ski-Out Hotel in Park City
#13 Business Hotel in Park City
#20 Romantic Hotel in Park City
#23 Family Hotel in Park City
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort 3.5*

Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views.

This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
Sundial Hotel Park City
Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
Sundial Lodge At Canyons Resort Park City, Utah

If you own or manage Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.