“Highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Highland, Utah
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I went to the Sundial Lodge for our anniversary two weeks ago and were very impressed. They upgraded our room and we had such a great time. Every thing (kitchen, bed, bathroom, etc.) was really clean, and the pool was a great temperature. We would definetly stay there again. Beautiful surroundings as well.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the north have the best views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian B, General Manager at Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments. I'm happy to hear you had a great anniversary here at Sundial Lodge. Our goal is to provide a high quality room and a relaxing environment for you to enjoy you vacation. We look forward to seeing you again.

Brian Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

First, I really like skiing at Canyons and my wife and I love getting away to the mountains at end of summer to celebrate our anniversary. We've had great mountain experiences in Apen and Copper Mountain and the Sundial/Canyons was good, but just didn't live up to the same level.

First this area of Park City is really arid/hot/dry, which the resort can't help. If you want a more scenic and cool mountain get-away go further up and stay at Deer Valley or over to Solitude in Big Cottonwood Canyon. The hiking and feel there are much more like Colorado, the Alps, etc with cooler and more scenic areas. Canyons is awesome for winter sports, but scenery is not great for summer compared to the other areas. Also, they don't start the gondola until 10 AM and if you're in a dry/arid/hot environment most hikers and mountain bikers want to start early to avoid later afternoon heat.

Second, we really enjoy a nice pool at the end of a day in the mountains. Sundial has a pool + hot tub and a couple of great grills you can use. But there has been no effort to create a "resort pool experience". There are no plants, no umbrellas, etc - it's more like a very basic hotel pool - and the shade would be really nice given how hot it gets there in the summer. The hot tub also bleached our swimsuits - the property is in the process of replacing them but it's taking time because a different group manages the pool maintenance...

Finally, when we've been on our anniversary trips in the past the resort has usually upgraded us to larger room (given they're pretty empty this time of year) and/or sent up a bottle of wine or fruit/cheese as a congratulations and a "thank you" for booking a week. Didn't happen at the Sundial even though I told them when we booked. Not a huge deal, but just something nice other places have done.

Those are the bad parts but there were also very good ones. The front desk staff was very helpful in recommending hikes on the property and also very scenic hikes up around Deer Valley/Guardsman Pass away from Canyons. Canyons does a great job of having lots of activities even during end of summer - we had an outdoor movie one night and concert another plus lots of on mountain activities like zip line tours, etc that although expensive, are done really well. And Park City in general has a lot of great stuff going on in summer (Sunday Park Silly Market, lots of outdoor music, alpine sled/coaster at Park City Mtn Resort, etc) along with mountain biking and hiking. Canyons puts great literature in the rooms of "Park City Bests" to guide you to lots of great places. They also have a nice fitness center and every room has a DVD player, which was nice for a night in. Another nice perk they offer is access to free washer/dryers right next to your room. Drafts across the way at Westgate has good burgers and pizza for a low key evening and there are some very nice fine dining options a short walk from Sundial too.

We'll definitely ski at Canyons again and will probably go back to Park City sometime in the summer too - but not sure we would stay at Sundial/Canyons again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing out on the amplitheater are very noisy right now due to construction of the golf course...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian B, General Manager at Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
All Season Resort Lodging does not manage the room you stayed in so unfortunately I cannot respond to the issues you had there. We do make an effort with guests that book with All Seasons to accommodate upgrades for special occasion. We do manage the pool area and you should have received a check to replace your swim suit. Please let us know if it hasn't arrived. I appreciate your comments about pool improvements and we are working with the HOA board on the items you mentioned. Utah is a desert environment so hot and dry is quite common in the summer no matter where you go. I do understand your desire to have the lifts open earlier and I would contact Canyons Resort with this request as they manage the lifts. I apologize for any confusion., There are a number of management companies and HOA associations at most ski resorts. We do hope you chose to stay hear again and I encourage you to try the Fall months as it has been rainy and cool since you left. Thank you again for your review.

Spanish Fork, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Having daughter get away for 3 daughters plus new baby.
Stayed 2 nights. Room had poop in toilet when we arrived and funny smell in dining area. They immediately came to clean the bathroom and outdid themselves. But the next mid or ing when we turned on the shower it broke, stuck on hot, impossible to use, filled apartment with steam, set off alarms and woke baby. They came quickly to fix it but we had to leave our room as water was turned off. They were going to alert us when fixed and not to worry. This was repeated and hey took our numbers.. Never called. We waited until 6:30pm. And no call. We finally found out it had been fixed a couple of hours.
Very inconvenient. One day gone.
The manager was kind the next morning,bought us breakfast and said they would see what they can do.
A girl Kristen contacted me from the company saying they would Ike to give us a courtesy 2 night stay and let her know a day. I sent her the dares we are available. Well they have changed hands.i wonder if they will tell me if they . I wonder if they will still honor this.
If they honor this I will upgrade this review. I will let you know.

The pool was nice. The food at restaurants around is good.
Still funky smell never taken care of but they do have a quick acting kind staff.

Room Tip: Room across from the bar is noisy and smell from kitchen gets trapped into the room. The room we w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kristin H, Manager at Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We are very appreciative for your feedback and sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I am glad you took valuable time out of your day to write this review. Of course we love glowing reviews but constructive criticism always helps us know where we can improve. I am so glad you have decided to take me up on my offer of a return stay to give us a chance to win you over. Looking forward to your next visit!

warmly,
Kristin
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here for a girls weekend and had a great experience. Our room faced the courtyard of Canyons shops and restaurants and we had a small balcony with a chair and table which was so nice to have. The summer concert series was going on, so we walked down and ate at a restaurant with outdoor seating so we could enjoy the music. There are three pools at the hotel, so make sure you find all three. There is a large pool on the main level that has lounge chairs and is great for summer and on the third floor is where you'll find the hot tub and plunge pool. We stayed in a Suite and the kitchen was great w/ a full fridge, stove, dishwasher, ice maker and more. The family room was decently sized and the couch includes a hide-a-bed & master bed room has a great king size bed. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Facing the "courtyard" w/ shops and restaurants is fun. Noise isn't bad at all as most...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brian B, General Manager at Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I'm pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay. The Sundial Lodge location is perfect for guests wanting to attend the excellent entertainment during the summer concert series. Comfortable lodging, great restaurants and a music venue next door on the mountain slope. I'm glad you made use of all the pools and hot tubs. The 3rd floor bridge is a great place to have a soak and get a great view of the surrounding area. We look forward to your return!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by our one bedroom suite. Great view and nice accommodation. The company that managed our rental was All Seasons and we had no real complaint BUT if you book through Canyon Resorts you get a higher level of housekeeping services, a daily USA today delivered to your door, newly refurbished rooms and you can sign all charges on property to your room. So while we had no problems with our room and had a good experience, next time we will upgrade our amenities by booking through Canyons Resorts.

Room Tip: Book through Canyon Resorts.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Brian B, General Manager at Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I'm glad to hear you had a good stay. All Seasons Resort Lodging does offer standard and premium rooms so our guests have options on rates and room upgrades. Each room is an individual owned condo decorated differently by the individual owners. We do provide daily housekeeping and full midweek cleans so I apologize if something was missed during your stay. Always feel free to contact the front desk if you have any concerns or requests during your stay. We work hard to keep our rates competitive and affordable. Booking with the Canyons you are subject to additional resort fees not charged by All Seasons Resort Lodging. Many Hotels are phasing out newspaper delivery in order to stay Green and because of the growth of online news outlets. I apologize if this is a service you were expecting. All Season Resort Lodging is always happy to honer special request. Just ask your Reservation Agent when booking or the Front Desk Agent when checking in. We hope you chose to stay with us again in the future.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just got back from a business trip to Salt Lake City, Utah. Every hotel in downtown SLC was booked because of the Outdoor Retailers' Convention. I decided to try my luck at The Canyons. I am so glad I did! Everyone I ran into who was working at the Canyons was just wonderful! They were friendly and focused on customer service.

I want to give a special call out to Nate Tanner the Senior Director of Food and Beverage. On my first night there, he noticed us standing in the outside area looking a bit overwhelmed. Even though he had just clocked out for the day, he stopped to check on us and gave us several recommendations on where to eat (both at the resort and in Park City). He even offered to walk us over to The Farm and make sure we got a table!

Speaking of The Farm, the food and the service was just wonderful! I loved the restaurant so much I ate there twice during my three night stay. Much thanks to Ryan, Stefan and Reggie for taking such good care of us! I look forward to my next stay.

P.S. Next time, I will make my business trip extra long and I will bring my entire family so we can all enjoy the Canyons.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Murrieta, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed at the Canyons Resort (Sundial Lodge) in late July 2013. Our whole experience was great! The rooms are awesome as well as the views and the overall location of the place. We had a great time and we'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: While staying at the Sundial Lodge, we were there with a large group staying in various rooms... All...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank your for your wonderful review and excellent photos. You summed up our company goals perfectly. Great rooms, great views, great location. And we do it all for our great guests! I hope you chose Sundial Lodge again in the future. We would love to have you back.

Travelers also viewed these Park City hotels
Silverado Lodge
#28 of 58 in Park City
4.0 of 5 stars 140 reviews
Hampton Inn and Suites Park City

Been to Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort

Address: 3720 Sundial Court, Park City, UT 84098
Location: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites Swimming Pool
#2 Ski-In / Ski-Out Hotel in Park City
#11 Romantic Hotel in Park City
#11 Business Hotel in Park City
#18 Family Hotel in Park City
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort 3.5*

Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views.

This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
Sundial Hotel Park City
Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
Sundial Lodge At Canyons Resort Park City, Utah

If you own or manage Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.