The Sundial is definitely beautifully located, right next to the lift and anything else you might need. The rooms are ordinary, amenities basic. My room did not have a robe, which other rooms had, but it did have a fridge, microwave, coffee machine and toaster, which was really handy. The view of the mountain was the best.
Downside is the lack of service. The maids showed up late, if at all. One day I asked to have them skip cleaning and just bring towels. The gal said she would be right back, and that was the end of that. Never got my towels.
The halls are frequently filled with plastic bags full of sheets and towels, which just sit there until morning.
Elevators were the slowest ever. There are only two and the staff has to use them with the big carts, which slows things down even further.
Front desk was adequate. One fellow, whose name I am sorry I did not get, did make it his business to get my bags from storage as the LONE bellman was busy. Otherwise, it was mediocre. I never felt as if I were a valued guest. And, I'm easy.
I rented my ski gear from Aloha, and am always thrilled with their service and attitude.
Location makes up for all of this, but I do wish training were better for the staff at Sundial and the rest of The Canyons. It would not only be of service to the client, but also to the staff who would only grow if properly trained.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Resort Park City, Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sundial Lodge is located just steps from Red Pine Gondola and an unparalleled ski experience. Positioned in the heart of Canyons Resort Village, Sundial places a premium on vibrancy. Within easy walking distance to ski school, Ski Beach, Murdock's Cafe, restaurants and fabulous resort shops. Sundial is a 35 mile drive from SLC Airport and 4.2 miles from Park City’s historic main street. It’s where the action is! Sundial invites guests to take advantage of complimentary WIFI, free underground parking, ski storage, fitness room, rooftop hot tub and heated outdoor pool all in a warm and energetic ambiance. As of 12/1/12 the majority of Canyons managed lodging accommodations in, Sundial Lodge, will have been refurbished as part of a $1.5 million renovation plan. Guests will enjoy a brisk walk to the Grand Summit for access to the spa, The FARM restaurant, Red Tail Grill, childcare, horse drawn sleigh rides, outdoor adventures and Canyons famous alpine breakfast buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.