We spent 6 nights at the Sundial Lodge at Canyons. We stayed in a three bedroom on the 4th floor. The condo was well maintained and very comfortable. The pool and hot tubs were fun for post skiing relaxation. There are even gas grills by the pool where you can cook your own food. While there are many positive aspects about the Sundial, the best is its location and convenience for skiing and ski school. You can easily walk out of the Sundial and onto the gondola in 1 minute. When you are done skiing you can check your skis into a room next to the lobby.
In terms of service, the bellman are very helpful. We were there during Sundance, so getting around on the shuttle service was not as easy. They were very helpful in solving that for us.
Other than the pool and hot tub, the Sundial does not have other amenities (game room, indoor pool, etc) like the Westgate, but my kids did not seem to care.
As an FYI, there is a small market next to the Sundial that has all the essentials. It is not too pricey, otherwise you need to go to town, which is a shuttle ride away.
Overall, I would recommend the Sundial for skiing families.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Resort Park City, Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sundial Lodge is located just steps from Red Pine Gondola and an unparalleled ski experience. Positioned in the heart of Canyons Resort Village, Sundial places a premium on vibrancy. Within easy walking distance to ski school, Ski Beach, Murdock's Cafe, restaurants and fabulous resort shops. Sundial is a 35 mile drive from SLC Airport and 4.2 miles from Park City’s historic main street. It’s where the action is! Sundial invites guests to take advantage of complimentary WIFI, free underground parking, ski storage, fitness room, rooftop hot tub and heated outdoor pool all in a warm and energetic ambiance. As of 12/1/12 the majority of Canyons managed lodging accommodations in, Sundial Lodge, will have been refurbished as part of a $1.5 million renovation plan. Guests will enjoy a brisk walk to the Grand Summit for access to the spa, The FARM restaurant, Red Tail Grill, childcare, horse drawn sleigh rides, outdoor adventures and Canyons famous alpine breakfast buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Amex, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.