The good: excellent location, nice room, friendly staff. The bad: we never got maid service during our 3 night stay! We kept getting apologies, but never a clean room. Not really acceptable for such a modern hotel. Another irritant was the fact that Free, hi-speed wi-fi promised was non-existant. I was unable to connect for the entire stay!
The biggest problem occured at check out, when they insisted on charging us a premium for "requesting" a room with 2 beds. At time of booking on Expedia, we discovered a mistake with the wording used. We called the hotel and spoke to supervisor named Bradley, who confirmed the Expedia mistake and stated that they would guarantee the room with NO extra charge. Well, at check-out they insisted we had to pay and Bradley even went as far as to suggest we misunderstood.
I took written notes from our conversation, including dates, names, what was promised. I even explained at the time that if a 2-bed room was not available, or if we had to pay extra, we would cancel our RSVP. It's just a shame that, after a mostly agreeable stay, it had to conclude in such an unprofessional manner. Worse, is that they let the young man at the front desk, who was blameless, deliver the bad news to me, as not one of the supervisors/managers he desperately called had the courage to talk to me directly.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Resort Park City, Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sundial Lodge is located just steps from Red Pine Gondola and an unparalleled ski experience. Positioned in the heart of Canyons Resort Village, Sundial places a premium on vibrancy. Within easy walking distance to ski school, Ski Beach, Murdock's Cafe, restaurants and fabulous resort shops. Sundial is a 35 mile drive from SLC Airport and 4.2 miles from Park City’s historic main street. It’s where the action is! Sundial invites guests to take advantage of complimentary WIFI, free underground parking, ski storage, fitness room, rooftop hot tub and heated outdoor pool all in a warm and energetic ambiance. As of 12/1/12 the majority of Canyons managed lodging accommodations in, Sundial Lodge, will have been refurbished as part of a $1.5 million renovation plan. Guests will enjoy a brisk walk to the Grand Summit for access to the spa, The FARM restaurant, Red Tail Grill, childcare, horse drawn sleigh rides, outdoor adventures and Canyons famous alpine breakfast buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Amex, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.